Yunho

Treasure Box

 

Playing in the Rain

 

It was a Saturday afternoon after their school basketball game and only few students were left in the school grounds.  Yoona was standing at their school build entrance, hands outstretched, catching the rain drops on her hand.  She enjoys the feeling of each droplet making contact on her palms.  While Yunho was standing beside her, deep in his thoughts about the last game.

"Let's go!"

“What?”

"Let’s play in the rain"

"Are you crazy? It's still raining!"

“Well that is why it’s called playing in the rain” she said as she run into the rain, she turned around and smiled at him.  She begins to twirl around, arms outstretched and her head held high as the rain quickly soaked her.   "Come on oppa" she shouted as she raised her arms inviting him to play.

"Are you serious?" He always wonders how she can be so lady like and child like the next moment. 

"Dead serious, come on"

"But we might catch a cold…” he started.

"Come on oppa, when was the last time you played in the rain?"

"Fine." he shook his head, with that Yunho stepped forward, and within seconds the rain had soaked him as much as Yoona was. "I can't believe you're making me do this." "

"Bacause you love me oppa"

Looking away from him, she scrutinizes the ground, searching for the perfect mud puddle. She run over to her target puddle, jump a little off the ground, and land directly in the middle of it, making the water sprays out in all directions, soaking her shoes and socks. Then she would find another one and repeat the process

"You look ridiculous"

Yunho watched in amusement as she played around the puddles like a child.  The look on her face when she enjoys doing this simple game reminded him how much they both loved doing this.

Grinning mischievously, she skip over to the puddle next to him, soaking his pants with mud as well “We both look ridiculous” she said as she sticks her tongue out at him in response as she splashed him with the puddles around him

“You call that playing in the rain? Let me show you how it's done!"

A small smile played across his features and a look of determination was evident in his eyes.  He took some mud on the ground and threw it to Yoona making a bigger mess on her uniform than she already was.

“Mud fight” both shouted

At the same time as they began to look for some mud puddles. When Yoona found one, she immediately threw it to him soiling his perfect white uniform.  Yunho didn’t back down as he lunches his counter attack hit her on the back. 

The mud fight continues until it stopped raining.  Both stood mud streaked down their clothes and stains on their faces as they happily watch a rainbow form in the sky.

“Yoong?”

“hmmm?”

"How do you do that?" he asked.

"Do what?" she answered in confusion.

"Knowing I was feeling down."

"Oppa I've known you since I was still in diapers. I would have to be blind to not notice you were blaming yourself for losing the game, you can always do better next time." she replied as she wiped mud from her face.

"Thank you," he says tenderly as he ruffles her wet hair. While she just stares at him curiously. "For dragging me out here, I mean," he clarifies, a grin spreading across his face. "for cheering for me and believing in me"

“You’re welcome oppa”

"Well what do we do now?"

"First we need to go home and… achooo….change” she replied as she felt the cold and shivering.

“I told you we might catch a cold”

“Yeah right captain obvious”

Luckily Yunho has his jersey jacket in his locker and gave it to Yoona to wear.  He send her home and of course without an hour long talk with her dad.  Questioning him about their wet and muddy appearance and Yoona’s obvious runny nose.  But it was all worth it.

 

 

####

 

Happy Eid everyone.

The first story YUNHO-YOONA (YunYoon) for this collection so I hope you like the it and sorry for not posting this sooner, been busy so I hope you will still read this.

Yes, for changyoon one shots I will be posting them in KISSology which is mainly ChangYoon stories so check it out.  (shameless ad)

Comments. Suggestions. Subscribers are always welcome.