Luhan

Treasure Box

 

 

Scrabble: The Play of Words

 

 

 

"Let's play Scrabble!"

Yoona turned her head to stare doubtfully at her best friend for the longest time.  Luhan is sitting on the opposite side of the sofa, playing with the throw pillow in boredom.

"What?"

"Scrabble, Yoongie!" He exclaimed in utter glee, moving towards the side table where he keeps the deluxe edition of the famous board game. He put the game board on the coffee table and prepares the scoring paper and pen.

“I don’t want to play” replied Yoona dryly, opening another bag of chips while watching her favorite drama.

“Pretty Yoongie please” he beg her

"No Lulu," she replied, munching her chips repeatedly. "If anything, I'll be losing horribly."

"That's the point," he answered with a grin, causing Yoona to throw the pillow in the sofa to him which he successfully dodge. "I'm pretty sure you want to take revenge from our last game or the game before that or, oh wait you never beat me with this game." He added, teasing her even more.  He knows her to well, Im Yoona never backs out of a challenge.

"Oh no, you did not just insult my vocabulary capability," she replied, clearly not pleased with her best friend’s remarks.

"No I did not, I just want us to expand our vocabulary capability," he reasoned pointedly, enunciating his words

“Whatever, game on” she said giving in

 “I’ll take that as a yes”

“Loser will buy food for the winner for the entire month, deal?”

“Deal, but I would like to add that the loser shall also grant the winner a wish, deal?”

“Deal”

Yoona began to write down her and his name on the sheet of paper for scoring.  While Luhan set up the tile stands, took his seven letters from the bag of tiles and soon Yoona follow him and they start to play.

“Lady’s first” he said gesturing her to start

“Wow, I’ve never thought you would see me as an actual lady” she said while looking at her tiles for a good word to start with.

"M – A – R – V – E – L " she place her tiles on the huge game board and smiled, satisfied with her word.  She then began to record the word that she used and her score on the current score column.

Luhan looked at his tiles in absolute annoyance. His letters were mainly consonants that he can’t form a word with a decent score.

“S – L – Y” and place his tiles on the board and Yoona recorded immediately.

The game continued with Luhan using uncommon words that made Yoona consult a dictionary just to make sure he was not making up those words.  On the other hand Yoona is taking a lot of time to actually decide on what word she will put on the board. 

After 5 uncommon words from him and Yoona’s time consuming words, he starts to get bored so he began his other favorite hobby, watching Yoona. He watched his favorite pair of doe eyes in the entire world.  His gaze flowed to her adorable nose to her lips.  He can't help but silently pray and wish that they would stay like this, even if she'll just sit there looking all adorable while concentrating on our game, as long as she is on his side.

"It's your turn Lulu," her voice brought him back to reality. He glanced down his tiles and to the board before forming a word.  His surprise is now in motion.

“W- I – L – L”

“M – I – R – A – C – L – E, and its double word, take that Xi Luhan” she said triumphantly

“Y – O – U”

“Your tiles must be really ugly, you actually put YOU on the board and you never use that unless necessary” she said observing the last words of her best friend “My turn, C – O – N – T – R – O – L”

“M – I – N – E with B – E on the side” He said smiling like an idiot as she recorded his current word on the sheet, her eyes ran through his list before double-taking at the last couple of words on his score sheet.

"Will, you, mine, be, will you be mine?" She whispered and look at him expectantly “Yah are you proposing to me?”

"Yes, Im Yoona will you be my girlfriend?" He asked hopefully, his heart drumming loudly inside his chest.

“Y – E – S” She place the tiles on the board as she blushed shyly

"I love you Yoong," He whispered, voice a bit shaky but full of emotion and adoration for the girl in front of him

"I love you too, so does this mean Scrabble is over?" she asked hopefully, her eyes glinting with mischievousness

“No, I still have tiles to play besides the bet is still on" he said with an unwavering smile before placing the last tiles on the board “S – U – C – C – E – S – S and game over, I won” he finishes

Yoona rolled her eyes “I take back my answer” she said sticking her tongue out and run away from him

“Yah then my wish is that you will be mine forever” he shouts at her

“Only if you can catch me Lulu”

And the game of scrabble was forgotten as they run around the house enjoying their time together.  She is his and he is hers.

 

 

-----------------------

 

 

LuYoon being best friends turned to boyfriend/girlfriend

Comments, suggestions and subscribers are greatly appreciated.