Minho

Treasure Box

 

Pencil

 

 

It was early in the morning when Yoona reached the school, there were only few students and mostly they are part of the school varsity team. Yoona immediately went to her classroom and sat on her seat near the window as she watches Minho practicing football in the field. It had been a routine for her for the past two years. But once her classmates starts to gather in their classroom she would just pretend to read something on her notebook.  She would stay like that, or once in a while would greet her classmates or until a very hyper Minho would stormed in the door catching his breath before greeting the whole class.

 

"Good morning!"

 

Minho is a social butterfly, her exact opposite.  She prefers to be alone while he would always hang around with his friends.  She would always avoid any attention towards her, he would intentionally or unintentionally draw the crowds towards him.  She never mind people who keeps forgetting her name while he would always introduced himself happily until his name sticks to you like a glue. 

 

"Good morning Yoona"

 

"Good morning"

 

"Minho"

 

"Huh?"

 

"You can call me Minho"

 

"Okay"

 

Minho had been her seat mate for two straight years.  He is just inches away, he was so close but why does she feels like he was on the other side of the world? Why can't she talk to him other than saying good morning and huh, uhm, ah and okay?

 

"Ah Yoona, I'm sorry again, but I forgot my pencil again. Can i borrow your extra pencil?"

 

"Ah okay"

 

She could still remember the first time they spoke. Minho had forgotten to bring a pencil to school and asked her if he could borrow one of hers. Of course she had let him, she wasn't the type to refuse anyone, especially someone like him.

 

Minho had always been messy and unorganized. He never quite remembered which things to bring for school projects and he always forget to bring his pencil, or sharpener or eraser. But that was never a problem for him as he is friends with almost everyone he can easily ask for some spare material for school project and she is always there to lend him a pencil.

 

Yoona had always been the obsessive compulsive type of person, her things were neatly organized according to subjects.

 

Opening her pencil case she took one of her extra pencils and handed it to him, she always brought three to school two for her, in case one of her pencils broke, and one for him because he always forget his pencil.

 

"Thanks, what will I do without you"

 

He would look so innocent when he thanked her.  The last part made her heart flutter.  She had been in love with him for two years and he never noticed.

 

He took the pencil and smiled at her and she fells like he is going to say something again but the teacher interrupted their supposed to be longer than their normal conversation and started the class with his deep loud voice and class attendance.

 


####

 

Recess Time.

 

Yoona as usual would just sit in her chair pretending to read something on her note book while secretly glances at him.  She is totally invisible to the people around her.  her classmates were busy running around the room, chatting or simply gushing over their star player.   It sometimes irritate her how his fangirls would scream their lungs out whenever they pass their classroom or when he smiled their way, but not because she hates it but she's jealous that she can't express herself like that to him.  She is stuck on just watching him silently while waiting for him to notice that she was there, that she exist.  She is desperately hoping that he would soon look at her and see as more than the girl who would lend him her pencil.

 

Minho was talking to his friends and he would sometimes wave at the fangirls calling his name and then he would secretly glance at the girl who was busy reading something of her note book and he instantly smile is million dollar smile but of course she did not see it, she never look at him.

 

"Pencil number... Bro I lost count already how many pencil you borrowed from her"

 

"You know if you don't man up and talk to her, your locker would be full of pencils from her"

 

His friends whispered at him as he try to smile at his another failed attempt into trying to talk to her more than their usual pencil conversation.

 

"I did talk to her..."

 

"Yeah right if you consider borrowing pencil from her almost everyday the best way to talk to her then..."

 

Minho cover his friends mouth to shut him up as most of their classmates were now showing interest on their conversation.  Both of them laugh it off pretending to be talking about something funny and when everyone went back to their own activity.

 

Yoona took another chance to stare at him and as if on cue Minho took that time to glance at her as well.  When both their eyes meet , he smiled at her and she  smiled at him but quickly  shifted her attention on her book to hide her blushing face. Yoona almost wanted the floor to swallow her immediately, she just got caught staring at him.  To bad she didn't see how happy Minho was that he finally caught her attention aside from of course borrowing her extra pencil or greeting her every morning.

 

 

 

 

#####

 

MinYoon because their interaction recently made me love them even more.

 

Comments.  Suggestions.  Subscribers are always welcome