Lee Jonghyun

Treasure Box

 

Two Left Foot

 

 

 

There are many things that Lee JongHyun is good at - if not the best  He can sing very well, his voice is so soothing and smooth.  He can also play the guitar excellently.  He can write and compose songs although he claims his Yonghwa hyung is better than him.  He can do sports very well.  he is a black belt in Judo and Taekwondo. 

There are also many things he don't know but he really wants to do.  He wants to learn how to play the drums, good thing his friend Minhyuk is patient enough to teach him.

And there are two things he don't know and don't even bother knowing, one dancing because he claims to have two left feet and two Im Yoona not because he hates her, it’s just that he don’t get the attention and hype surrounding the face of SNSD even when Kyuhyun, Changmin and Minho explained to him for the nth time why Im Yoona is not your average girl.

So when he went to visit his friends in SM entertainment, he never as in never in his entire life and wildest dream did he think of doing those two in one day.

He got lost while looking for the practice room of super junior so when he heard music pumping in one of the room he immediately follows the sound. He was a little surprised to see the doe eyed girl listening to the music and moving around the room. Her eyes closed, just moving with the beat of the song, hair tied in a loose bun and sweat forming on her face.

He didn’t know what got into him when he slowly open the door and slip inside the room which was not a good idea since she immediately looked at him blankly.  He expected her to be embarrassed or be anxious at his disturbance, but to his surprise, she broke out in a wide smile.

"JongHyun-ssi! Are you looking for Kyu oppa?" she said as she wipe her face

"Yeah, I’m kinda lost, do you know where he is?"

“I’ll call him, that oppa is not very hospitable with his guest” she said light heartedly as she excuse herself as she call Kyuhyun

Lee JongHyun, seriously telling her you are lost, and then asking her about the where about of Kyuhyun when you can actually call him and ask him yourself, he scolded himself as he observe her laughing slightly while talking to Kyuhyun. Great now you just gave Kyuhyun something to make fun of you and for sure he will be willing to share this embarrassing experience with the rest of the Kyu line.

“JongHyun-ssi oppa told me they will be here in 15 minutes” she said after talking to him

“Oh, thanks I will just wait outside, you can continue with your practice”

“Actually I need a favour from you”

“From me?” he said pointing at himself

"Yes!" she darted across the room and took his hands. "I need a partner!"

JongHyun spared a moment to be amazed at how soft her hands are and how sweet her scent was – a mix of strawberries and sweat, but he quickly shoved those thoughts away and asked, "A partner? For what?"

She pulled him towards the center of the room. "Dance with me!"

"Dance with you?" He nearly trip on his own foot from her sudden action. He instantly free his hand from her grip and waved his hands shyly. "I don't think that's a very good idea—"

"Please" she said as she unconsciously pout her lips and activate her puppy eyes.

“Great Now she is giving me That Look. The combination of her pouting lips and her big puppy eyes. The one that can make Kyuhyun stop his star craft game and give in to her requests.  The one that can make Changmin share his food without whining.  The one that can make Minho give up in sports despite his competitive nature.  And the one that makes thousands of fanboys heart flutter”.

“JongHyun-ssi?”she said interrupting his train of thoughts

"I don't know how to dance."

"It's all right! I can teach you!" She stepped up close and took his hands, putting one of them at her waist and holding the other in one of her hands. Her other hand went to his shoulder, and she smiled. "There! That's the way! Now we just move to the music."

"…how?" He asked, feeling absolutely stupid for asking that question.

"It's a waltz, so it's in three. So you take three steps, right along with the beats in the music."

He really didn't want to have to point out that he had many skills, singing, playing the guitar, composing songs, martial arts, sports etc. but dancing is and never been one of them.  As he found himself being pulled along by a very graceful Yoona. It was only by some luck that he managed not to stepped all over her feet or fall on his face or whatever accident that can happen.

Despite their awkward dance, she was laughing, which he took to be a good sign. But then he realized something, is she laughing because she is having fun or because she is dancing with him, or because of his not so original excuse for not dancing. Whatever the case, it was absolutely humiliating.

Just when he thought it couldn't possibly get any worse, he step on her foot.

"Aww" He heard her let out a yelp,

"Sorry, I told you I'm not a good -" he wasn't able to finish his sentence when they both lost their balance and went crashing to the ground. JongHyun landed on his back while Yoona landed on top of him, his arm instinctively wrap at her waist and back trying to protect her from the impact

"I'm sorry" she said shyly as she got up from their position.

He felt his heart beating faster to the point where he can actually hear it. "Good thing Kyuhyun and Changmin were not here or else I'm doom"

“Jonggie-yah what in the hell are you doing to our Yoongie" Kyuhyun teasingly shouted at him "Yah weirdo you've hurt oppa's feelings" he added as he clutched his hands on his chest

They are all there outside the practice room watching them or more on glaring at him.

"Yah oppa, you and your dirty thoughts" he said as she she fix her clothes and hop happily towards her oppas and giving them high fives.

Watching her interact with them made JongHyun understand why Im Yoona is the apple of the eyes of her beloved oppas.  She is definitely  the girl who can make you do things you thought you will never do.

 

----------------------------------

 

JongYoon our shy and cute guitarist meets passionate dancer yoong.

Okay so after finishing my CHANGYOON oneshot collection KISSology (shameless ad). I'm doing another one shot collection titled Haru (shameless ad) featuring  GYOON so do check it out. Don't worry I'm still going to update Treasure Box for the non GYOON one shot I'm going to write

Comments, suggestions and subscribers are greatly appreciated.