An Unexplainable Feeling

If Only You Knew

Yoseob’s POV

I didn’t know when or how it started, but Aerin had slowly become a part of BEAST.  She was like our manager, watching our every rehearsal, giving us suggestions for improvement, and becoming a great friend to the 6 of us.  Especially after Aerin’s talk with Doojoon, it was the first time that I feel that he was truly happy after Doori’s incident.  Doojoon and Aerin became really close too; he treated her like his little sister.  It made me smile whenever she smiled, and just seeing her getting along so well with all of us, made me feel as we were all a big family.

“Dongwoon, try taking in breaths with your stomach and not your chest.  Like this.”  Aerin demonstrated to the maknae after he sang his part in our new song ‘Bad Girl.’  “This way, your breaths will be more even, and your sound will be more supported.”

“Okay.  Thanks noona!”  Dongwoon practiced a few times, while the others were on break.

“Wow Aerin, how did you know so much about singing?”  Junhyung flopped onto the couch beside Aerin.

“It’s just something my vocal teacher used to teach me when I was in my school choir.”

“You were in a choir?”  Hyunseung asked with wide eyes.  “Sing us something!”

“In elementary school!  I can’t sing.”  Aerin quickly looked down on the floor, seeming embarrassed.

“Yah don’t be like that.”  Kikwang begged.  “Aerin-ah~”

“I can’t sing!  Break’s over!  Go practice!”  She rushed us off.  “I’ll go get you guys some drinks.”

After Aerin went upstairs, Junhyung played back the track, and everybody got into their positions.

“You guys practice.  I’ll go help Aerin with the drinks before she spills it on Doojoon’s floor.”  I quickly skipped upstairs, taking two steps at a time.

A gentle tone echoed through the halls, singing a familiar tune.  It was the very same female voice that I first heard at the airport, except this time, it was singing and not humming.

“I want nobody nobody but you.”  The voice echoed again.

I turned the corner, and saw that Aerin was pouring orange juice into 7 transparent drinking glasses.

I snuck up behind the girl and placed my hands suddenly on her shoulder.  “BOO!”

“YAH!”  Aerin’s whole body had a shock, causing the orange juice to spill on the floor.  “YANG YOSEOB!”

“I knew you were going to spill the drinks, so I came to help you.”  I grinned widely at her, while grabbing a table cloth from the counter to wipe up the spill.

“I wouldn’t have spilled it if you hadn’t scared me like that!”  She said angrily, taking a roll of paper towels from the wooden holder.

I never noticed, but Aerin looked pretty cute when she gets mad.  I couldn’t help but laugh at her angry expression.

“Not funny!”  She pouted.  “Why are you here anyway?  Everyone else are hard at work.”

“I am hard at work!  Don’t I get a ‘thank you’ for helping you?”  I pinched her cheek.

“Yah!  You have orange juice on your fingers!”  The girl quickly pulled away after my wet hands touched her face.  “Now it’s on my face!  You just love teasing me don’t you?”

“It’s a hobby of mine.”  I smiled brightly.

Aerin made a face at me and turned away to throw out the dirty paper towels.

“Let’s go.  The others are probably really thirsty now.”  Carefully, she placed the 7 glasses of orange juice onto a black tray.

“Me too!”  I was about to reach for a glass on the tray, when Aerin slapped my hand.

“You get nothing!”  She stuck her tongue at me, then took the tray and brought it downstairs to the guys.

I stood with my back against the basement door, deep in thought.  For some reason, I just really like messing around with Aerin, like teasing her and making her mad.  No matter what she says to me, I just can’t stay angry at her.

Without warning, the basement door flew open and pushed me onto the floor.

“Yoseobie, what are you doing on the floor?”  Doojoon stared at me with weird eyes, but didn’t help me up.

“Thanks for your concern in helping me up, hyung.”  I pulled myself up, brushing the dust off of my clothes.

“Haha, sorry.”  Doojoon chuckled.  “Come downstairs.  We’re about to run it over again.”

“Wait, I have something to ask you.”  I stopped him before he made another step.

Doojoon always acted responsible and is a great hyung to all of us.  Also because he is the oldest and the most mature, I tend to run to him when I faced troubles.

“So say…”  I started to stutter, probably embarrassed to ask a question like this.  “What does it mean when you see someone, and your heart beats really fast, uncontrollably?”

“Um… depends who this person is, but it usually means that you like that person.”

Like, as in?”

“More than friends.  For example, something you and I don’t feel for each other.”  He laughed.

“Ooh...”  I nodded, beginning to understand his explanation.  “Thanks hyung!”

“Wait a minute…”  Doojoon stopped me just as I passed by him to go downstairs.  “Why are you asking that?  Do you like someone?”

My cheeks flushed bright red.  My whole body felt as if it was burning hot.  I quickly turned away from him.

“Um… I…”  Oh god, my stuttering wasn’t helping.

I tried to quickly open the door and attempted to run downstairs, but Doojoon swiftly swung me around and pinned my body down on the floor.  I was unable to move.

“Do you like Aerin?”  Doojoon asked with a sly smile.

“No!”  I snapped, trying to hide my feelings.  “It’s just that...”  With a sigh, I gave it up, and told Doojoon everything.  “Every time I see her, my heart seems to thump rapidly, threatening to bounce out of my body any minute.  My entire body heats up, especially my cheeks.”

“Ah~”  Doojoon got off of me and offered me a hand to sit back up.  “I knew it.”

“You what?!  How could you possibly have known that?!”

“Yoseobie, I could tell from the way you look at her.  Nothing gets pass these eyes.”  He gestured the action.  With a smile, he hit me with the truth that I had been trying to deny.  “It’s official, you like Aerin.