Was It All a Lie?

If Only You Knew

Kikwang’s POV

Class finally ended when I got a text from Yoona.

Kikwang, meet me in the school park in 5 minutes.

-          Yoona

Something felt unusual about this text, but I ignored my gut feeling and met up with my girlfriend.  I made my way over to the park in just a few minutes, and wrapped my arms around Yoona once I found her underneath a tree.  Usually, she would giggle or flash me a bright smile when I do that, but today, those were missing.  Yoona placed her hands on mine – but not so I could hold them – but was so she could release my grasp.

“Kikwang,” her voice sounded like a stranger – and not like the usual chiming bells her voice gives off – when she turned around to face me.  “I can’t go on like this anymore.”

What was she talking about?  Why was she acting so weird all of a sudden?  Did I do something wrong?  I decided that it was better to question her instead of myself.

“What’s wrong?”  I whispered.

“You can’t give me what you want.”  Her cold voice brushed by my ear.  “I need a man, and not a boy like you.”

I stood there frozen.  Which part of me wasn’t man enough to be her boyfriend?!

“I feel like we’re constantly hiding, especially from Taecyeon.  When I was with him, he made me feel protected and cherished.  He would beat up anybody who dared to look twice at me, and he always bought me pretty jewelry and gifts.”

Those harsh words sliced through me like razor sharp knives.  “When you were with him.”

“Yeah.  Can you top that?  Can you shower me with bracelets and rings?  Are you strong enough to beat up a guy twice your size?  Are you man enough to stand up to Taecyeon and do the talent show?”  She scoffed, and then chuckled.  “Of course you can’t.  ‘Cause you’re not the man Taecyeon is.”

“So what are you saying?  You want to get back with Taecyeon?”  I couldn’t even meet her eyes; I ended up staring at the ground, with my fists clenched tightly at my sides.

“Being with him sure beats being with you.”  More sharp words stabbed my heart.  “I can’t believe I wasted so much time with you.”

Us being together was a waste of time to her?  I couldn’t believe she could manage to blurt out all those words without even shedding a single tear.  In the blink of an eye, she went from being my warm and sweet girlfriend to a cold, harsh .

Just before she turned around to walk away from me after she scoffed again, I caught her at her wrist.  “Tell me,” I tried to choke the words out.  “Have you ever loved me?”

I lifted my head so I could meet her gaze.  I wanted her to tell me that she did genuinely love me.  That this was all a big prank that she decided to play on me.  If she says yes, I can forgive her for all the pain that she’s caused me.  My heart pounded as I anticipated for her answer.

“No.”  Her wrist whipped around which shook my hand off.  That was it.  She walked out of my life, stepping on my heart and trailing broken pieces of it behind her.  I never knew love could hurt so much.

Yoona’s POV

Just before I turned to walk away from all that I’ve said to Kikwang, his hand caught my wrist.  “Tell me, have you ever loved me?”

His voice was so soft it made my heart hurt upon hearing him question my feelings for him.  There was no doubt that I love him.  I did in the past, I do in the present, and I will still continue to love him in the future.  But feeling like the culprit that had torn him away from his dreams and his friends, I had to make things right.  If he could pick up his courage again and be in the talent show – despite Taecyeon’s threats – my guilty conscience will fade away.

I took a silent breath before denying all my feelings for him.  “No.”  My words came out so harsh, it scared even me.

Tears dripped down as I flung my wrist, shaking off his grasp, and walked away like the snotty that I had to play in front of my boyfriend – well, ex now.

I’m sorry, Kikwang.  Forgive me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: SORRY AGAIN FOR NOT UPDATING ! Yeah I know I just apologized in my last chapter, but that's 'cause I really do feel bad that I haven't been updating frequently enough.  I've just been so busy lately, but thanks for all you guys who are being so patient with me and still subbed to this fanfic ! Thanks guys ! Stay tuned for the next chapter, 'cause it will come really soon, I PROMISE ! <3