The Plan

If Only You Knew

Aerin’s POV

On my way home from school, I accidentally bumped into someone when I turned the corner.

“Oh sorry!  I wasn’t looking –” my voice trailed off once I recognized who I had bumped into.

Yoona seemed so fragile that if I didn’t catch her after our clash, she would’ve fallen on the floor.  When I released her hand, I saw that her eyes were bulgy and red.

“Yoona, have you been crying?”  I softened my voice to concern.

“No.  I gotta go.  Annyeong Aerin.”  She rushed to leave, but I caught her before that happened.

“What’s wrong?”  I had her meet my eyes, and her shoulders tensed underneath my grasp.

A silver tear trickled down Yoona’s face.  We sat down on a nearby bench while she told me all about what had happened just after school ended.  She explained how she acted like an arrogant jerk in front of Kikwang, just to drive him away from her and back into the arms of BEAST.

“I couldn’t take Taecyeon’s constant bothering anymore, so I had Kikwang choose between me and BEAST.”  Her voice cracked between every few words.  “I thought that we could finally be happy together if we walked out of Taecyeon’s shadow, but I was wrong.”

“He was being a good boyfriend.  He wanted to put you first.”  I tried to comfort her as I soothed her back.

“But I made him ditch his friends just so he could be with me.  Even though he doesn’t say it and no matter how happy he acts in front of me, I know that an important part of him is missing, because of me!”  Yoona literally broke down crying now, so I handed her a tissue.

“The rest of BEAST isn’t mad at him.  Because they know how much you mean to him.  He’s never liked anyone that much before.  We all want you guys to be happy together.”

“I want him to be happy.”

“Of course you do.”  I flashed an assuring smile when she looked up at me.

“Aerin, can you please do me a huge favour?”  Her eyes were suddenly serious, making her look strong and independent unlike the girl she seemed to be a few minutes ago.

“Um, I guess.  What kind of favour?”  I wasn’t sure exactly what she wanted me to do, but I knew she wasn’t a bad person, so it can’t be something horrible.

“Can you talk Kikwang into joining BEAST again and performing at the talent show?”  She then tore her gaze from mine and faced the ground.  “If he could be in the show with BEAST again, I’m sure he’ll be really happy.”  Lost in her thoughts, the corner of her lips lifted into a gentle smile.

“I don’t know if I can.  But I will try.”  It was the least I could do for this pair of star-crossed lovers, seeing the pain they were enduring right now.

“Thanks Aerin.”  Yoona turned towards me again and gave me a smile.  “Until the end of the show, can you keep our plan a secret?  I don’t want Kikwang or anybody else to know about this.”

I nodded to seal off the agreement.  Please let this plan work!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoseob’s POV

After Aerin told BEAST all about how Yoona brutally ripped out Kikwang’s heart, we decided in unison that Kikwang needed our support and comfort – meaning we would let him rejoin BEAST.  During lunch time, I walked around in search of Kikwang, who I found sitting under the shade of a big oak tree.

“Kikwang-ah,” I began when I sat down next to him, not sure how I should say it to him.  “Gwaenchana?”

There was a long pause until he finally spoke in a whisper.  “Yeah.  I just feel so stupid.”

I still couldn’t believe Yoona was the kind of person to toy around with people’s feelings.  She always sets off a gentle and innocent vibe.  Who knew that she was masking her true personality the whole time?

“You’re not!  You may be a bit foolish at times, but that’s totally different from what you’re talking about right now.”  I tried to lighten up the mood, but I wasn’t wrong about him being foolish.  Amongst BEAST, he’s known as ‘the fool.’

“She said I wasn’t man enough compared to Taecyeon.”  It sounded as if he was gritting his teeth upon mentioning the name ‘Taecyeon.’

“That jerk!  I’m going to beat him up right now!”  Before I could stand up to make my move, Kikwang held me by the wrist, but then his grip softened.

“I’ll show her.”  It was so soft that I could barely make out the words.  Then he repeated with a louder voice.  “I’ll show her that I’m 10x the man Taecyeon is.”  He then looked up at me with fiery eyes, burning of determination.  “Let me join BEAST again, and be in the talent show with you guys.”

I didn’t even have the chance to say what I had came to say, and Kikwang already got to the point.  I’ve never seen Kikwang so determined in anything, but I was glad he bounced back up immediately after moping about his horrible break up.

“Hyung, you never left BEAST.  You’ll always be part of it.”  I grinned at him as I picked him up from the floor, causing us to now meet eye to eye – since we’re about the same height; the shortest amongst BEAST.

“Stop calling me hyung!  You’re older than me!”  Kikwang smiled the smile I love, and playfully punched my arm.

I had a habit of calling Kikwang hyung, even though he was older than me, but that’s only because I appear to others as being the youngest – the visual maknae.  It’s funny when people mix up our age.

Now with Kikwang willing to do the talent show, I was sure we could blow Taecyeon off the stage.  But I was still confused as to why he wanted us to drop out so badly.  It wasn’t a competition, and what was his reason for threatening Kikwang?

“What are you thinking about, hyung?”  Kikwang emphasized ‘hyung’ just to prove that he was younger.

“Um, nothing.”  I shook my head to try to clear any unnecessary thoughts out of my head.  “Let’s go eat with Aerin and Dongwoon!  They’re waiting for us in the classroom.”  I grabbed Kikwang’s arm before he could answer, and pulled him inside the school.