The Threat

If Only You Knew

Kikwang’s POV

Once I dashed over, I turned my body into a wall and came in between Taecyeon and Yoona.  “What are you doing?!”

“Trying to get my girlfriend back.”  Taecyeon laughed a not-funny laugh.  I hated his self-confidence, always thinking that he’s all that.

“Your ex-girlfriend.  She’s my girlfriend now, so leave her alone!”  I emphasized as I glared at him with a hateful look, still blocking Yoona from Taecyeon.

“And what if I don’t?”  His lips twisted into a sneer.

“Haven’t you already done enough to hurt Yoona?!  What more do you want from us?!”  The volume and intensity in my tone rose.  If he gave me one more of his stupid attitude-filled answers, my fists were clenched and were ready to punch him in the face.

“Drop out of the talent show.”  Taecyeon’s low yet demanding voice brushed by my skin, carrying such a ridiculous request which almost made me laugh at him.

“Why does it matter to you whether or not we’re in the talent show?  It’s not a competition.”

“I have my reasons.”  He paused before continuing again.  “Drop out or else.”  Taecyeon shifted his body over to wink at Yoona who was sitting nervously behind me.

“Kikwang, please.”  Yoona finally spoke with a quivering and begging tone while tugging on to my hand like a little child.  “I’m really getting tired of him bothering me all the time.”

“But Yoona,” I turned around and tried to reason with her as I bent down to meet her eye level.  “We can’t drop out.  BEAST has worked too hard on the performance to just throw everything away like that.”

“So I guess you don’t care about me!”  With an accusing voice that pierced my heart like shards of broken glass, Yoona stood up from the bench.  “You said that you would give me the happiness that I deserve.  Does being terrorized by Taecyeon all day considered as happiness?!”

With great effort, I managed to stand up from my kneeling position and not tremble over.  How could Yoona say that I didn’t care about her?  All I wanted was to see her smile all the time.  Was I not being a good enough boyfriend?  Her words stabbed me in the heart as I met her teary eyes.

“Fine.”  I replied to Taecyeon without even turning around to face him.  “I’ll drop out.”

“And you’ll persuade the others too?”  Taecyeon added hastily.

“Yes.  So please, I beg you, don’t bother Yoona anymore.”  My fists clenched with rage at my sides.  I couldn’t believe what I had agreed to.

“Good.”  Even though I couldn’t see him, I heard Taecyeon’s sly snickering behind me.

“LEE KIKWANG!”  A familiar voice called out to me in anger.  I spun my head around, seeing Yoseob march towards us with rage while pulling Aerin along with him.  “How could you just agree to drop out of something that we’ve been working our butts off on?!”

 “I-I’m sorry...  I had no choice.”  The words came out of my mouth as a whisper.  I couldn’t even look at Yoseob’s flaming eyes without feeling a flush of guilt; I had never seen the boy so angry in my whole life.

“Kikwang, this isn’t like you.  Why are you acting this way?”  Aerin’s soft words made my heart squeeze.

“Look, it’s already settled.  You guys are quitting the talent show.  There’s nothing left to argue.”  Taecyeon butted, and then Yoseob switched his gaze from me to Taecyeon.

“No it’s not settled.  We’re still doing the show, despite what Kikwang said.”  Yoseob’s voice was firm and strong.

“You know what I can do to you right now?”  Taecyeon cracked his fists and took a step towards Yoseob, giving off a threatening vibe.

“Bring it.”  With his feet still planted firmly on the floor, Yoseob tempted him.

Then Taecyeon couldn’t take it and punched Yoseob in the jaw.

“YOSEOB!”  Aerin cried out as she rushed beside the injured boy – who, miraculously, was still standing on the floor, but only jerked back a few steps.

“I’m fine.”  He assured Aerin with a comforting smile, and then flashed Taecyeon a death stare.  “Is that the best you got?”  Before Taecyeon could respond, Yoseob had struck his fist right where Taecyeon had hit him – in the jaw.  Yoseob may look cute and defenseless, but he had no trouble taking down a guy twice his size.

“Guys stop!”  I came in between Taecyeon and Yoseob just before they were about to make another move on each other.  Oddly, the 2 guys stopped and looked at me.

“So what’s it going to be?”  Yoseob asked me, staring straight into my confused pair of eyes.  “Are you going to stay in the talent show and be part of BEAST.  Or are you going to give it all up for your girlfriend?”

I couldn’t believe my ears.  How could Yoseob make me choose one between the two?  They were both so important to me.  Without either one, it would be like losing an arm or a leg.  BEAST – my friends that had been there for me since the beginning of time.  Yoona – the only girl that has ever make my heart feel so complete.  How was I going to pick either one?