Failure

If Only You Knew

A/N: I just wanna say THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for subbing to this fanfic ! It really means a lot to me (: & to those secret readers (yes i know you guys are out there (; ), don't be afraid to sub, I won't bite (: I will try my best to update the next chapter as soon as possible. So for now, hope you'll all enjoy this chapter ~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aerin’s POV

“I’ll do it.”  I agreed upon the manger’s request.

The man ordered one of his employees to bring out 5 tubs of ice cream, full of 5 different flavours: strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, mango, and lemon.  My eyes widened at the sight of the 5 bucket-sized tubs in the hands of the employee.  She had to make 2 trips because she couldn’t carry the large tubs all at once.

“Ready?”  The manager asked, looking up at the clock showing 5:00PM.  I nodded, and the man announced, “GO!”

With an ice cream scoop, I began shoveling up the strawberry ice cream and shoving it into my mouth.  The ice cream felt ice cold, numbing the insides of my mouth.  I winced at the shivering numbness, but continued to dig up the pink sorbet of death – which I would usually consider a delicious after-dinner frozen dessert.

Between every spoonful, I glanced at the clock, checking up on how much time I still had left.  From the corner of my eyes, I could see the worry look in Yoseob’s eyes.  I ignored how vulgar I must’ve looked at the moment, and finally finished the strawberry ice cream, and moved on to the chocolate.

All of a sudden, the manager announced, “STOP!”  I looked up at the clock, and the longest hour of my life had passed.  But I failed.  I only finished 2 tubs of ice cream in that one hour.  “Thank you for playing with us.”  A smirk pulled up at the edge of the manager’s mouth; it almost made me want to punch him in the face with that cocky look of his.

“I failed…”  I tried to raise my voice, but it came out only as a whisper.  Yoseob had to help me out of the ice cream parlour while I limped with my hand over my churning stomach.  “I couldn’t do it.”

Tears poured from my eyes when Yoseob set me down on a park bench.  I hated myself.  Why did I have to be so clumsy that I lost the bracelet?!  I really wanted to slap myself on the face, until my cheeks develops a swollen pain.  Before I could raise my hand for action, Yoseob grabbed onto my empty wrist – that once was wrapped around by a silver charm bracelet – and forced me to look into his eyes.

Rage boiled in his eyes, but then they softened into hurt.  “You did really well.  Not a lot of people can eat 2 whole tubs of ice cream in 1 hour.”

“But I couldn’t do it!  I wasn’t even half way close!”  I tore my gaze from his hurtful eyes, as tears dripped onto my school uniform.

“Aerin,” Yoseob freed my wrist but used the same hand to lift up my chin, so that our eyes were meeting again.  “remember what I promised you earlier.”  He ended his words with a slight smile.

Before I could question him, he took me into his arms.