Confession Time?

If Only You Knew

Aerin’s POV

Finally, it came.  Tonight was our school’s big annual Valentine’s Day dance.  Away from my uniform and casual clothes, I was wearing an elegant white halter dress paired with 3 inch high black heels, and my long brown hair was pulled into light curls.  I was not used to dressing up like this, but it was for a special occasion.  It wasn’t only for the Valentine’s Dance.  Kikwang was mainly the reason I dressed myself up.  Today was going to be the day I confess to Kikwang about my feelings.  I waited patiently by the window for Yoseob, Kikwang, and the rest of BEAST to arrive.

Yoseob’s POV

I put on my white dress shirt, silver tie, and silver vest, and on top I had on a silvery white jacket.  I was white and silver from head to toe.  I checked my watch: 6:50PM.  The dance was going to start in 10 minutes, so Aerin would probably be there by now.  This was it.  My first high school dance.  Standing by the door, I waited patiently for the guys to come by.  Not long after, the sound of an engine roared outside my house.  Finally, they’re here.

The guys were already dressed up.  Doojoon and Junhyung had on black dress shirts, a black vest and a silver tie.  Dongwoon and Hyunseung came with white dress shirts under dark purple suit jackets.  Somehow, I felt that I stood out from each of the matching members.

Aerin’s POV

“Do you see Aerin anywhere?”  I heard a familiar voice ask.

“Is she here yet?”  Another voice asked.

“I don’t see her.”  A third person joined in the conversation.

I scanned the room, and discovered Yoseob and BEAST boys coming in through the front door.  Doojoon and Junhyung looked like twins wearing black while Dongwoon and Hyunseung matched each other wearing purple.  Yoseob had on a silver vest with a white dress shirt under, and a silver tie.  I carefully walked towards them, hoping not to embarrass myself by tripping on these heels.

“Yoseobie!”  I tapped Yoseob’s shoulder playfully.

I just noticed that this was my first time calling him that.  I felt like Doojoon for a second.

“Aerin-ah?”  Yoseob turned around, shocked to see me.

Yoseob’s POV

I had never before seen her dress so formally and elegant.  She had on a white halter dress that lined with sequins on the bottom edge of her dress.  The dress flowed just a little below her knees.  Aerin was wearing 3 inch high black heels.  Unlike her usual wavy or straight look, tonight her hair was pulled into sweet light curls.  I wasn’t exactly used to her dressing like this, but she was simply beautiful.  Mesmerized by her beauty, the rest of BEAST was speechless.

Aerin’s POV

“What?”  I gave them a weird look.

After a few seconds, Yoseob quickly looked away, while the rest guys were still staring stunningly at me.

“Noona!  You look so beautiful!”  Dongwoon popped his jaw back up again.

“Wow!  I’ve never seen this side of you before.”  Hyunseung glanced at my dress, then at my shoes.

“Looking good Aerin!”  Junhyung and Doojoon complimented me more normally.

“Thanks guys!  I’ve never dressed up like this, and I’m scared of tripping over my heels.”  I shyly admitted.

Yoseob was still looking away from me.  Did I look that bad?

“Yoseob-ah.  Say something!”  Doojoon nudged Yoseob.

The boy finally met my eyes.

“You look really beautiful tonight, Aerin.”  Yoseob said quietly, and then hinted a sweet smile.

I felt more confident now, considering everybody seemed to like my outfit tonight.  Things were almost perfect, except where was Kikwang?

“Did Kikwang come with you guys?”  I asked, looking out the giant glass window in the lobby.

“No, he said he might be a little late.”  Junhyung replied.

What was he doing at the moment?  I wanted to know.

“We should go in right now.  It’s about to start.”  Hyungseung was anxious to get in.

“But what about–” I didn’t get to finish my sentence in the midst of Dongwoon trying to rush me in the ballroom.  Just then, Yoseob grabbed my hand, and gently pulled me away from Dongwoon.

“Aerin and I will wait for Kikwang.  You guys go inside and sit down first.”  Yoseob suggested as he pulled me to his side.

“Okay, see you guys later then!”  Dongwoon danced through the door like the maknae he is.

“You don’t have to wait with me.  Go in with the rest.”  I didn’t want Yoseob to have to wait with me when he can go inside and have fun with the rest of the group.

“It’s okay.  I don’t mind.”  Yoseob winked at me.

“Thanks.  I’m hoping to tell him tonight.”  I blushed, looking down at the floor.

Yoseob’s POV

My heart squeezed as she told me the words.  I guess it’s finally the time to let him know.  Aerin, I hope you’ll be happy with Kikwang.  He will know how to cherish you.

After about 10 minutes, Kikwang finally showed up in a full black outfit with a bold red tie that contrasted from the black.

“What took you so long?”  I immediately asked.

“Sorry.  I had to go get something.  Let’s go in.”  Kikwang pushed both of us through the door, without giving us a chance to ask what he went to get.

Games and entertainment took up about 30 minutes, and then it was time for dinner.  Waitresses and waiters proudly brought out each dish and placed it delicately in front of us.

“Oh man, I’m starving!  Time to eat!”  Hyunseung exclaimed, picking up his chopsticks and was ready to eat.

Aerin’s POV

After we ate, the dance was about to begin.  Mostly fast songs played in the beginning.  Later, among some fast songs, the DJ plugged in some slow songs.  All the BEAST members found a girl to dance with during soft ballads, except for Kikwang and Yoseob who sat with me.  I was waiting for just the right song to make my move.  Then it came.  “Can’t I Love You”, an OST from one of my favourite dramas of all time – Dream High.

“It’s time.”  I whispered in Yoseob’s ear.

I stood up, and it happened to be the same time as Kikwang stood up.

“Kikwang-ah, I have something I want to tell you.”  I tapped the boy’s shoulder.

“Wait Aerin, I’ll talk to you later.  I have to go do something important.”  Kikwang had his eyes on something, and he walked away.

I was confused.  Where was Kikwang going?  What was that “important thing” he had to do?  I glanced at Yoseob, but he shrugged, not knowing what was wrong with Kikwang either.  I decided to follow after him.

“Annyeong Yoona.”  Kikwang stopped at a table of 9 beautiful girls, and bowed in front of one of them.  Then I recognized her.  She’s Yoona from SNSD, the school’s queenkas.  Holding one hand out, Kikwang bowed politely and asked, “May I have this dance please?”