Jealousy

If Only You Knew

Aerin’s POV

“You guys must be thirsty, I’ll go get you all some green tea.”  I said to the guys during their break for rehearsal.

Even though it was a Sunday – BEAST usually practiced on Saturdays – the guys were cramming in more rehearsals due to the fact that the school talent show was drawing near.  There were only a few weeks left before the big day.  The BEAST boys were working harder nowadays – warming up their vocals and perfecting their dance choreography.

I skipped upstairs and into the kitchen.  Having been in and out of Doojoon’s house for the past 8 months, I’ve already got every inch of his place memorized – mostly the kitchen.  I fetched 7 cans of Arizona Green Tea from the fridge and began pouring them into glasses.  While doing my little things in the kitchen, I was quietly singing the chorus of BEAST’s song ‘Bad Girl’ to myself – I’ve heard that song so many times I could practically sing it backwards.

“Careful!”  A voice shouted behind me, breaking off my singing and startling me, causing me to clumsily spill the green tea all over the counter.

“YAH!  YANG YOSEOB!”  I turned around and pouted at him.  “If you keep messing with me like that, you’re not going to get any drinks.”  Before I could walk away to get the paper towels, Yoseob gently wrapped his arms around my waist from the back, leaning his cheek against my hair.

“This is all I need.”  His tender voice spoke, making the mess on the counter seem like nothing.  My eyelids closed on me as I stood there relaxed but frozen; my lips lifted into a smile.

Yoseob and I had been dating for a couple of months now.  I swear he is the sweetest boyfriend on Earth.  Even though our teasing of each other never stopped, but it just added more fun into our relationship.  Sometimes he would make me mad when he teased me, but then he would always find a way to make me forgive him, and leave me melting in his adorableness.  Yoseob kept his promise too, of protecting me and not letting me get hurt.  This just comes to show that I made the right choice to confess to him.

“Ugh, stop being all mushy in my kitchen!”  Doojoon groaned when he walked in on us, but Yoseob didn’t free his arms from my waist.  “Yah!  You spilled green tea all over my counter!”

“I hadn’t spilled it if it wasn’t for somebody.”  My head spun around to glare at the innocent smiling Yoseob.

“Doojoon-ah, don’t worry.  We’ll clean it up.”  The boy grinned widely at his hyung.

“You better!  Before my house gets infested with ants!”  Doojoon turned around to march back downstairs.

“Great, you got us in trouble.”  My eyes scowled at Yoseob, which made him release me, so I could reach for the paper towels.  “You’re cleaning it up with me.”  I handed him a stack of towels before I started wiping the counter.

“Don’t be mad.”  His tone was a nagging and whining one as he flashed me an adorable puppy dog face.  Of course, it softened me up.  “Will this make you feel better?”

The cute blond-haired boy started to lean in towards my face, and I could guess what was going to happen next.  I closed my eyes and anticipated for his next move.  His soft lips pressed lightly against my cheek before I opened my eyes to see his joking expression.

“Why’d you close your eyes?”  He asked with a curious smile, even though he seemed to have already known the answer.

My hand whacked his arm – lightly – as I pouted and turned away to keep wiping the counter.  “You’re annoying, go away.”

“Fine, but there’s something on your lip.”  He said, turning my face towards him with the tips of his thumb and index finger.  Yoseob then leaned in and touched my lips with his.  Everytime he does that, it felt like I was in a beautiful dream, except when I opened my eyes, the reality was just as sweet.  “Nevermind, I got it.”  I opened my eyes to his adorable smile.

“Goodness!  Stop making out in the kitchen!”  This time it was Dongwoon who interrupted us.  “Hyung, we’re running it over again.”  Gesturing towards the basement door, the boy’s face turned into a grimace – clearly disturbed by us.

“Okay I’m coming.”  Yoseob replied to the maknae, but then turned back to me again.  “Come on, let’s go.”

“Wait!”  I suddenly remembered the unfinished drinks on the table.  “I’m not done pouring them yet.”

“We can live without drinks.”  The boy pulled me downstairs without giving me time to respond.

Kikwang’s POV

The rehearsal went on forever, but finally it came to an end.  These days, everyone had been working really hard to get everything right before the talent show.  I also had less time to see Yoona due to practicing on Saturdays and Sundays.  But of course, I try to make time, like today.  I called Yoona to meet me at the school park after rehearsal.

“Okay, that’s it for today guys.  Great job!”  As the leader, Doojoon would always encourage us and compliment on our practices.

“Great, see you guys next week!”  I raced out of basement before anyone could hold me back.

I ran as fast as my feet could take me, through the neighbourhood, pass the school and into the park.  Just the thought of seeing Yoona made me smile to myself like a dork.  When I saw Yoona sitting at the bench – waiting for me patiently – my speed increased and so did my excitement, but something caused my feet to make an abrupt stop.  Taecyeon.  He appeared from behind the tree, and was talking to Yoona.  He knelt down and was about to caress her face, which lit the flame of jealousy inside of me.

Once I dashed over, I turned my body into a wall and came in between Taecyeon and Yoona.  “What are you doing?!”