Lost Now Found

If Only You Knew

Aerin’s POV

“I got it!”  I walked to the door after the doorbell rang.  Who could it be?

“Morning!”  Yoseob’s cute puppy face grinned at me widely.  “Ready to go to school?”

“Morning.”  I was a bit surprised.  “Why you so early?”

“I have something I need to give you.  You ready?  Let’s go.”  Yoseob was about to pull me out the door, when I stood my ground.

“Wait!  I need my backpack!”  I quickly ran to put on my backpack, grabbed a lollipop from my counter, and then headed out the door with Yoseob.

“Do you always have a lollipop with you?”  The boy asked me on our way to school.

“Yeah, my mom knows I like fruit-flavoured lollipops, so she bought a lot when we were in Hong Kong.  Do you want one?”

“It’s okay.”

For a few minutes, we were silent.  Then I remembered.  “By the way, why did you rush me out the door so fast?  What did you need to give me?”

“Oh yeah!”  Yoseob suddenly remembered, and he began searching through his backpack.  Not long after, he held out a little white box.  “I believe this belongs to you.”

“What’s this?”  I asked curiously.

“Open it.”  He placed it in my hand.

Full of curiosity as to what did this little white box held, I carefully lifted the lid.  To my surprise, it was my missing bracelet.

“Yoseob!  Where did you find this?”

“At the airport, where you dropped it.  I wanted to give it back to you, but I didn’t know if I will see you again.  Now that I did, I’m returning it to its rightful owner.”

“Komawo!”  I threw my arms around Yoseob, at my excitement in obtaining the bracelet.

Yoseob’s POV

She threw her arms around me at the excitement of finding the bracelet.  My cheeks were suddenly flushed pink, and my heart rate began to accelerate.  A few seconds later, Aerin dropped her arms.

“Can you help me put it on?”  She held out her left wrist, and had the bracelet in the palm of her right hand.

“Yeah… s-sure.”  I was still trying to recover from my shy state.  I carefully wrapped the bracelet around Aerin’s wrist and locked it in with a hook.

“Komawo!”  She dangled the crystal pink heart.  It sparkled underneath the sunlight.

“This bracelet must mean a lot to you huh?  Since you seemed so happy in finding it.”  I couldn’t help but ask the history of this bracelet.

Aerin nodded.  “My dad gave me this bracelet on our trip to Hong Kong.  He said he wanted me to shine, just like this crystal heart.”

“Your dad loves you a lot, doesn’t he?”

“Yup.  I’m sure your dad loves you a lot too.”

I shrugged.  Her smile somehow cleared away my thoughts of him.

“Yah, we better hurry up before we’re late for school.”  I teased.

Aerin glanced at her watch.  “Oh my gosh!  You’re right!  Let’s go!  I’ll race you there!”

She is such a simple and innocent girl.  We ran towards the school building, and reached our classroom at the same time.  So I guess it was a tie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aerin’s POV

When school finally ended, I let out a big sigh and plopped myself onto my desk.

“Did you understand anything Ms. Kim said the past hour?”  I turned around to talk to Yoseob.  “I didn’t.  I feel extremely confused right now.”

“Me too.”  Yoseob replied as he laid his head on his desk too.  Suddenly, his phone rang.  “Yeoboseyo?”

Who could it be that’s calling him?

“Sure.  We’ll be there.”  He replied then hung up.

“Who was that?”  I asked curiously.

“Are you busy after school?”  Yoseob ignored my question and answered me with another question.

“No, why?”

“You’ll see.”  Yoseob winked at me.

He instructed me to follow him, but he still didn’t tell me anything!  Hello, girl still confused over here!