New Student

If Only You Knew

Yoseob’s POV

“Yoseob-ah, you should go to school earlier today, since it’s your first day.”  Mom said to me when I came downstairs.

I nodded and flashed a smile to assure my mom that I’ll be alright at school today, and then headed out the door.  I let out a sigh as I made my way to the school’s main office.

Aerin’s POV

“WHAAA!  I’M GONNA BE LATE!”  I struggled to put on my uniform as fast as possible and rushed downstairs.  “Morning!”

“Morning Aerin.”  Mom greeted as she dropped 2 eggs and a piece of toast on to my plate.

“Late on the first day of school?  Typical you.”  Jaemin oppa munched on his toast.

I stuck my tongue out.  “Don’t you have school too?”

“University doesn’t start for another week, remember?”

“You better hurry, or you won’t make it.”  Mom looked at the clock.

“Yah!”  I glanced at the clock and grabbed a lollipop from the counter as I hurried out the door, after saying goodbye to my family.

I can’t be late on the first day of school!  It’s embarrassing!  I ran as fast as my legs could take me, just when I passed by, I saw 2 figures in the school park.  It was some girl and Yoon Doojoon, the graduated leader of the school’s kingkas, BEAST.  The group featured 6 hot guys: Yoon Doojoon, Jang Hyunseung, Yong Junhyung, Lee Kikwang, Son Dongwoon and another member, but he was said to have moved away before he came to the school.  Now, there were only 2 BEAST members left at school, since Doojoon, Hyunseung and Junhyung all graduated.

“Doojoon oppa.  Please accept my gift!”  The girl did a 90-degree bow, holding out a cute pink box wrapped with a matching ribbon.

 “Joesonghabnida.  I can’t accept it.”  After Doojoon apologized in a formal way, he walked away before the girl could react.

When Doojoon turned around, he noticed me staring.

“Mianhapnida!”  I quickly apologized, and ran towards the school building.  For a second, I had totally forgotten I was almost late for school.  The last bell rang just as I opened the classroom door.  The whole class stared at me with weird eyes, so I gave a shy smile and quickly walked to my seat.  Whew, made it just in time.

Yoseob’s POV

Shinhwa High School.  I stared at the big sign at the front of the building.

“Annyeonghaseyo.  I’m the new student, Yang Yoseob.”  I said, knocking on the office door politely.

“Ah Yoseob!  Annyeong!  This is your homeroom teacher, Ms. Kim.  She will show you your class.”  The principal gestured to Ms. Kim.

“Annyeonghaseyo Yoseob.  My name is Kim Hei Ryung.  I will be your homeroom teacher this year.  Please follow me to our class.”  Ms. Kim introduced herself politely and led me to the classroom.

Once we reached the classroom, she told me to wait outside until she gestures for me to come in.  I did what she said, and waited for her signal.

 Aerin’s POV

“Good morning class!”  I had just set down my backpack when Ms. Kim walked in.

“Good morning Ms. Kim.”  The class rose and bowed.

“Today, we have a new student.  He’s from Hong Kong.”

 “Let’s give him a nice warm welcome!”  Ms. Kim gestured towards the door, and a boy with blond hair walked in.

All eyes seemed to be on him, and beside me, I heard a few girls shrieking at the sight of the boy.  He wasn’t that cute.  The new student looked a bit familiar.  Where have I seen him before?

“My name is Yang Yoseob.  Annyeonghaseyo.”  The boy bowed politely.

Those same familiar eyes.  The same golden blond hair.  It was him.

Yoseob’s POV

 “Today, we have a new student.  He’s from Hong Kong.  Let’s give him a nice warm welcome!”  Ms. Kim gestured towards the door, and I made my way across the room to stand beside her.  I felt that all eyes were on me, but I didn’t respond to their stares.  A few girls shrieked like fans girls.  I hated to be the centre of attention.

“My name is Yang Yoseob.  Annyeonghaseyo.”  I bowed politely.

When I stood up, 1 girl caught my eye.  It was her.