Just the Beginning

If Only You Knew

Aerin’s POV

I waited impatiently outside the auditorium.  Unknowingly, I had been pacing back and forth in front of the auditorium doors for half an hour, while the boys were inside auditioning for the school’s talent show.  What’s taking them so long?!  I really wanted to support them and watch the auditions, but spectators were not allowed.  Just when I couldn’t take it anymore and was about to open the giant double green doors, the boys walked out.

“HOW DID IT GO?  DID YOU GUYS MAKE IT?  WHAT DID MR. LEE SAY?  WHY ARE YOU NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS?”  I was anxious to get my answer.

The guys were silent.  Did they NOT know how impatient I was?  I MEAN LIKE SERIOUSLY, JUST TELL ME ALREADY.  But then, I noticed that their gazes were scattered to different locations in the hallway.  No expression was shown on their faces.

 “Guys?”  I said quietly, walking up to the boys.  “What happened in there?”

“Noona,” Dongwoon finally spoke, after a silence that had been going on forever.  “We…”  He trailed off.

Then it hit me.  They didn’t make it.  That would explain the motionless faces.  If they did make it, they would have rushed out the door to jump up and down in excitement.

“Awh guys.”  My arms slowly wrapped around the boys’ shoulders as we made a circle.

“WE MADE IT!”  The 6 BEAST members all shouted in unison.

My head suddenly rose up to see the brightly smiling faces of the boys.  “You what?”

“WE MADE IT IN THE TALENT SHOW!”  Dongwoon repeated again, only louder this time.

“I can’t believe you guys lied to me!”  I was over-the-top excited, but also a bit mad at them for making me believe they didn’t pass the audition.

“We didn’t lie to you.  We didn’t say anything, and it was you who thought we didn’t make it.”  Yoseob gave me an arrogant smile.

I stuck my tongue out at him, then lightly punched him in the arm with a smile on my face.

“The teachers thought our vocals were amazing!”  Kikwang bounced up and down in satisfaction.

“But they would like us to add some dance moves to the song, just to make it livelier.”  Added Hyunseung.

“That shouldn’t be a problem.  We’ll work on that.”  Doojoon smiled.  “Great job everybody!”

“Watch us bring the house down with our performance!”  Junhyung started rapping, while Yoseob started to beat-box.

Yoseob could beat-box?  There were so many hidden talents this boy possessed that I did not know about.

“Let’s meet at my place every Saturday so we can practice.”  Doojoon suggested.

How come his schedule seem so flexible?  Does he not have homework or tests he needs to study for?  University seems so relaxing.

“Yeah!  We’re so BEAST!”  We all laughed when the maknae chanted and danced around us, still unable to calm down from hearing the good news.