the girl has no game.

dear hyung, i think i love you. {Hiatus}

“Why does he play so much? It’s cold and there’s no one on the court,” Taemin explains.

I turn to him.

“He’s a lone?”

“Duh, it’s too cold for people to even think about going outside, but not Minho. He doesn’t care, as long as he gets to play basketball.”

I stand up and but a hand on my wig before bowing.

“Thank you Hyungs, I’ll look forward to our strategies in the future.”

I leave the room but still manage to hear Taemin.

“What was that about?”

---

The court is…outside. That much I know, but wear exactly is a mystery.

I walk around the hallways and avoid the twins not once but twice.

They’re like ants. EVERYWHERE!

I take a short break in the practice room and go through my bag. It’s too cold to be dressed like this outside.

“MiSun!” someone calls and I look up.

“In future reference, with someone calls your real name and you’re dressed like that…don’t answer.”

“Aecha Unni!”

She coughs, “Nuna.”

I shake my head, “Nuna, what’s up?”

She throws her thumb over her shoulder in the direction of the door.

“I saw you wandering the halls. Not something you want to do when you’ve got your secret.”

I sigh. “Guess you’re right. Do you know where the court is?”

She places an index finger to . “Which court? We have a tennis, volleyball and basketball court.”

“The last one.”

She smiles. “It’s actually on the roof unlike the others. For future reference, tennis is in the basement and volleyball is in the back. That’s where we have our summer picnics.”

I thank her.

“It’s been really cold from the rain. I don’t think it’s a great time to play.”

I smile. “Thank you Nuna.”

It’s not until I get to the roof that I realize how many steps we actually have in this building.

I’m not out of shape but seriously, why do we need so many floors?

...The roof is so, peaceful.

I walk over to the gate and watch as Minho races across the court dunking over and over.

“Oh HyunSun!” He says when he finally notices me.

“Hyung, Annyo!” I smile unlocking the clasps on the gate. “Is it okay if I join you?”

“I was actually going to sit out for a bit, but you’re welcome to play.”

I take the ball as he sits down on the bench.

I guess I’m a little late to join him and play but I don’t think people should have to be so alone.

“Don’t make fun of me,” I laugh attempting to dribble the ball.

He looks at me confused.

“Who taught you to dribble?”

“A long time ago there once existed a basketball team so terrible that other teams forfeited because they knew that the match was so unfair. I was on that tragic team.”

He laughs.

“You’re team couldn’t have been that bad.”

I turn to him still dribbling, but losing height in the bounce by the second.

“Are you doing that on purpose?”

“Huh?” I ask and the ball starts to roll away.

He bends down to pick up the ball and brings it to me.

“When you dribble like that, try and shift your weight.”

I take the ball and attempt to do as he says.

“Aniyo,” he takes a step behind me and holds my waist. “Pivot your weight like this.”

Oh no. Minho’s too close!

I try to dribble the ball perfectly, but he moves closer.

No….no, no, NO!

My cheeks start to feel hot.

“It’s a slight pivot, not so much energy.”

I take a deep breath. MiSun, you’re a boy right now. Get over it!

Letting go of my waist, Minho coughs into his arm.

“You’re not getting sick are you?”

He looks at me with a furrowed brow and less intense eyes.

I hold a hand to his forehead and he winces before relaxing his face. I put my other hand at his neck right below his ear.

“You don’t have a fever, but your skin is too moist from sweating. You’re starting to feel clammy.”

He opens his eyes.

“So am I sick or not?”

I twist my mouth.

“Not sick but getting there.”

I take my scarf off and wrap it around him.

“This should help. I don’t really need it since I can’t play and I’l be going inside eventually.”

He turns away and …sniffs? Is that because of a cold?

“It smells like a girl.”

That’s because I am a girl! >.<

I laugh uneasily. “My friend made that for me.”

He smiles.

“She must be rally close to you. It looks like it was made with love.”

…I made it.

“She made it for someone she was going to work with as a greeting gift. They were going to be on the same TV Drama.”

He digs his face into the cotton. “Was this person famous?”

I laugh to myself. “Very much so, he’s an idol. But like me, her debut was pushed back and she only met him once.”

“That’s unfortunate. It’s a nice scarf. Lucky you.”

Yeah, lucky me.

I was supposed to play in the pianist so I met you. You said something about being cold on set so I made the scarf in a day thinking that I could give it to you as a thank you gift for being the one actor who was actually nice to me. Then SM pulled me and cut my part. TT_TT

I smile. “You know what, keep it. She made me another.”

His eyes lighten.

“It’s nice to know that girls still do this kind of thing.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

i just watched the Pianist and it was really good. i didn't exactly love the ending but i do understand that they had to cut it off somewhere.

I noticed that when it comes to Minho i'm not the typical fan what goes crazy about his eyes...is there anyone esle who can't stop staring at his mouth?

this is pretty much up to date with what i have typed so the next update may be a day or so :( sorry.

 

much love,

meng.