just a date. pt. 1

dear hyung, i think i love you. {Hiatus}

::MiSun::

 

We get to the SM building and on cue, Minho leaves for rehearsal. I look around the practice room at the remaining four boys.

“And with that, I bid you farewell,” I bow.

Taemin pats me on the shoulder. “You and Hyung will make a cute couple,” he says biting his fist like he’s about to cry.

I wave him away and smile, “Don’t worry, we should be back soon.”

--

 

::Minho::

 

The casting director and I wait patiently as the lead stumbles into the office.

“Sorry about being late,” she bows. “I got lost in the stairwell.”

“I thought you worked in the building,” the director asks furrowing his brow.

“Yeh, but I usually stay on that floor. Sorry,” she bows again and takes a seat next to me.

The casting director sits down in his chair and shuffles through some papers. “We are currently still deciding on the rest of the cast right now.” He looks from me to MiSun and then back to the papers. “Right now our biggest concern is trying to create a good chemistry between the two of you.”

I start to feel embarrassed. What is he thinking?

“I would like for the both of you to go on some sort of date for the rest of the day. Get to know each other and create a bond.”

I stare at him. “What do you mean by bond?”

He coughs into his hand. “I basically want the two of you to become friends.”

MiSun squirms in her seat pulling the hem of her light blue dress.

“Today?”

He looks at the both of us. “Did you have something else planned?”

I shake my head. “Anniyo.”

“Good, then take MiSun out on a date.”

MiSun stands up.

“Do you have somewhere you need to be?”

She looks down at the director and shakes her head. “I’m sorry, I just got nervous.”

I blush at her honesty. I’m a bit nervous too; I’ve never really been on a date before…so I’m not sure how they work.

The director chuckles and motions for her to take a seat again, “This is why I want you two to do this. I want for you to get over all this tension.”

--

 

::MiSun::

 

“Where are we?” I ask looking around at the restraint.

Mediterranean Garden, they have some of the best foreign food in all of Seoul and they’re pretty low key.”

If they’re so good and low key, then why didn’t we eat here as SHINee?

I take a seat and notice that the dining room is dark. I mean, completely dark. I can’t see who’s sitting in the booth two meters away.

“This is the special guest room.” Minho explains.

Is he trying to impress me? Hyung, I know what you look like in the morning before you comb that hair of yours, but I have to admit…you look gorgeous anyways.

“Sorry about this, I just don’t want to be recognized. I love the SHINee World members but some of them can be scary. I would hate for you to have anti-fans before you debut.”

I think it over, so he’s protecting me? That seems more like Minho than my first assumption.

“So what’s on the menu?” I ask looking around the room, which I might add is pointless.

He makes a face. “Well they have lots of European foods, like spaghetti and soup.”

A waiter walks up to our booth and takes our order without paying much attention to Minho.

“I’ll have the Pitta-Falafel sandwich with lettuce humus and a side Greek salad. Oh and can I get no yogurt sauce?”

The waiter nods and then looks at me.

What? I haven’t even looked at the menu!

“I’ll have the same, but I’ll try the yogurt sauce.”

Minho looks at me with a smirk, “I’ll warn you, there is no meat in that order.”

I smile, “It’s totally fine. I trust you.”

He looks at me uneasy.

“What I meant was,” I begin looking for words. I can’t act like I’m too close to him. He may find out! “If you like it, I’m sure its fine.”

The left side of his lips curl into a smile.

Hew~ I guess I’m in the clear.

The waiter takes our menus and I smack my head on the table. This is making me exhausted.

“MiSun, are you okay?”

I nod my head and groan. “I’m sorry for making things so weird. I’m socially awkward.”

He chuckles and I raise my head so that I can see his face.

“Please don’t look at me like that,” he laughs behind his hand.

I narrow my eyes. “What’s so funny?”

He covers his face. “You’re just so honest. It’s really cute.”

The temperature in my face starts to boil. Choi Minho! Why are you making things so difficult on me? Me?! Your bunkmate!

“Aish~ this guy,” I sigh.

--

 

::Minho::

 

We finish our meal and I couldn’t help myself when MiSun got yogurt sauce all over her chin unknowingly. Her cheeks turned such a cute shade of red that I also blushed holding back fits of laughter.

“Where to now?” she asks childishly swinging her leftovers in her hand.

“We could go to the park,” I offer and she scrunches her nose.

“You’ll be recognized, even if it’s already dark.”

I agree and breathe in the night’s air. It’s so calming outside that I don’t want to go in. “What about the roof?”

“Excuse me?” she asks touching my arm.

A chill runs down my spine and I see the light of the lamppost shining in her eyes.

“The roof of the SM building,” I swallow.

Her eyes widen, “You mean where the basket ball court is?” suddenly her newly acquired smile drops into a frown and she whispers something under her breath.

I’m taken aback. “If you don’t want to we can go somewhere else,” I say trying to give her options.

“Anni,” she smiles and grabs my hand, “Kaja!”

My fingers wrap around her hand and then intertwine with her. “Hy- I mean Oppa, do you think that our show will go over well?”

I think about it a moment. “It’s too soon to tell right now.”

She sighs and starts swaying our hands. “Oppa, could we go down to the river instead?”

I stop as she continues walking and yank her hand back. “I thought you were worried about being recognized.”

She smiles devilishly and giggles, “You scared?”

Is this some sort of dare?

She waves her hands as if clearing the air and starts to walk away from me but remains facing me. “Ah, I don’t know if I can stand the thought of being around a scaredie~cat. Anniyo, I think I’ll go home. My band mates are waiting for me anyways.”

I chuckle and chase after her.

She starts to run away throwing her arms up into the air. “Aish! This city is beautiful~!” she yells and then I grab her arm.

“What are you doing?”

She looks up at me with a childish grin, “Oppa, let’s go to the river!”

Her face is so close I can smell her hair.

“Ah!” she gasps taking a step back. “Sorry, I’m being to foreword.”

I take her hand and pull her along. “Kaja, let's see some water.”

She follows behind me unable to see my embarrassed expression.

--

“I love the smell of water,” MiSun murmurs before walking up to the edge. “Oppa, you can see the stars in it.”

I lean over and only see the street lights. “MiSun, I can’t see anything because of the light pollution.”

“Not those kind of stars,” she says softly bending down to touch the water with her fingertips. “This kind,” she smiles touching my reflection.

Omo, she is so cute.

“Oh! I see a vibrant one!” I say pretending to be shocked.

“Where?”

I bend down to her level and poke her in the shoulder.

“This one.”

She makes a face. “Oppa, I’m not a star…I’m more like a satellite orbiting a bright star. I guess you could call me a moon, reflecting the light others shine on me.”

I shake my head, “Anniyo, you’re going to be like a super nova and explode into the brightest star.”

Her eyes smile and she nudges me.

So my analogy was good right?

“Oppa, after a super nova, the star becomes dimmer and dimmer until it burns out. Yah, you mean I’m going to fade away?” she whines.

I look up at her. I was always bad in science class; day dreaming about basket ball happened a lot in that paeriod. Can you blame me? The sun in the classroom solar system looked like a basketball…it was a trap for boys like me!

“You really want to be famous?” I ask tucking her hair behind her ear.

“Anni, I want to show the world what I’ve been doing. I want people to know that I didn’t leave them in vain,” she sighs creating ripples in the water.

She leans backwards letting her back fall onto the grass. “Oppa, this isn’t fun. We should do something exciting.”

I pout my lips. “MiSun, I don’t want to create a scene.”

She nods her head.

“Do you ever wish you weren’t an idol?”

My lips part to speak but she stands up extending a hand. “I’ll treat you to ice cream, kaja.”

Her face looks solemn and almost regretful.

I take her hand and her legs wobble helping me up. Before I get the chance to stand on my feet we topple over into the river creating a splash.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

i apologize for the temperary hiatus...i got sick...AGAIN. and i've gotten a second job to pay for college. ._. i'm so freaking tired all the effing time now.

i've updated "Soft Kisses, Harsh words" and am almost done with it. I'll be starting a new story too :D

and it's not SHINee D: (but the girl's name is ShinHee...it was by mistake...i swear. >.> going to keep it anyways because it's a cute name.) Hopefully this'll be a shorter story. to be honest, i have no idea how this one, "Dear Hyung" is going to end. this is the only story i've ever had without creating some sort of ending in my head. (most of my story ideas never make it to the keyboard)

Hope you enjoyed it,

meng.

 

ohyeah~ my new story will be a b2st fiction. :D