after all, you are a leader.

dear hyung, i think i love you. {Hiatus}

::Minho::

I watch as MiSun tucks her hair behind her ear nervously, has she been avoiding me? It sure seems like it, but then again, her with her group is awkward.

The director wants us to start practicing for Innocent’s debut…today. But the look on MiSun’s face tells me she had no idea, whatsoever.

She pulls at the edge of her sweatshirt that covers her shorts almost completely. She’s changed but she still maintains her cute factor, tying her hair in a side ponytail and bearing an oversized top to make up for her dress. Does she always wear dresses? I can’t think of a time when I didn’t see her in one.

(A/N: the irony is that he hardly ever sees her in dresses, because she’s always a boy.)

The five of us file into the practice room and are greeted by the rest of SHINee. I go to shake HyunSun by the shoulders, just as a joke to scare him, but as soon as he turns around I’m face to face with a girl.

(A/N: hahahaha….lots of Dramatic Irony here. Oh Minho, I’m sorry I made you so gullible.)

“I’m sorry, I thought you were-”

“Don’t worry about it; I’m a little late though.” She turns on her heel and exists the room. How strange.

“Who was that?” I ask aloud to no one in particular.

“Manager-Nuna,” YoungJae smiles pointing to the door she left through.

“Yeah, don’t take anything to heart. She’s a bit icy,” YoungSoo says looking pretty bored with it all. MiSun peaks over the twins enthralled by the whole situation.

It’s then that I notice DongHul gazing at the door. It’s kind of sappy, but I feel a sense of longing…an all too familiar state.

“DongHul,” Key teases and the boy is hit square in the face with reality.

He turns to the rest of us and coughs into his hand. “What?”

“Anniyo, it’s nothing,” Key hums and leans onto JongHyun’s shoulder.

I take another look around the room and don’t see HyunSun at all. Where is he?

I pull out my phone and find him in my contacts.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Taemin asks ending his conversation with MiSun.

I look at the two of them. Do they already know each other?

“I’m just calling HyunSun. He and MiSun are close friends and I think they should practice together. It would be great since they are so close.” Is this me trying to pair the two of them together? Yes, I just want to see two people that mean something to me happy…but why does it sting?

Finally the other end is picked up. “Yoboseyo?”

The voice is feminine, which isn’t to say that HyunSun’s isn’t…it’s actually a lot like a prepubescent boy, but this voice is definitely a girl.

“Uh, is HyunSun there?”

“…who’s calling?”

I pause…Oh crap. What if I dialed the wrong number? Then this could be some random person on the other line. If I tell her I’m Choi MinHo, I may have to change my number, or I could tell her and she can actually help me find HyunSun. “Who’s this?”

There’s a soft laugh on the other end. “Yah! I asked you first. You called me, so I want to know who you are before I start spilling my life story to a stranger. Do you think I’m an idiot?”

I cough. This girl is…something else. “It’s Minho.”

There’s a pause. “As in Choi Minho…from SHINee?”

Oh god…now I’ve done it.

“Re~LAX. I can tell by the silence that you’re mentally freaking out over there. It’s just Kim Aecha…Jjong’s cousin.”

I sigh in relief. “I was scared you could be some random person. That would be bad.”

She laughs. “Yeah, if I wasn’t related to the band I could sell your number for big bucks.”

I swallow.

“…It was a joke.”

“Oh…” Then I remember why I called. “Where’s HyunSun? I was hoping to get a hold of him.”

“Why would you need to do that?” she questions.

“His friend MiSun is here at practice. I think it would be pretty daebak for the two of them to practice more with each other since they’re so close.”

She muffles something that could either be a laugh or a cough. “HyunSun is in a meeting with the director right now, and from the looks of it, it’s going to be a long one.”

Confusion starts to numb my body. “But I saw him leave the office. I just finished a meeting with the director myself.”

There’s another long pause. “Well yeah…that did happen, but the director wanted to talk to you and the new group, so he sent him away to come back later…. So that’s why he’s back in a meeting with the Director.”

“Oh. I guess that makes sense.”

“Hey Minho?”

“…Yeah?”

“You aren’t developing a crush on HyunSun are you?”

Blood surges to my face. “An…ANNIYO!”

She snickers on the other side.

“Why do you have his phone anyways?” I shoot back. “Answering it like a secretary? Do YOU have a crush on him?”

She laughs even louder. “Minho-shii…you’re too much.” She sighs heavily. “He left his phone in the dressing room. That’s all.”

I close my eyes. Stupid Minho…. “I’ve gotta go.”

“Yeah, have fun with practice; I’ll let HyunSun know as soon as I see him.”

I sigh. “Thanks anyways.”

“No problem, tell MiSun not to worry and that everything’s still safe.”

“Excuse me?”

“…Just tell her that for me. You don’t need to understand,” she huffs and then there’s a click.

I look at MiSun who is absolutely horrified.

“Did you really just…” she manages, mouth dropping lower and lower.

I close my phone and stuff it back into my pocket. “I called HyunSun, but he’s apparently in a meeting with the Director, which is weird because I ran into him while he was leaving.”

Her eyes widen.

“Anyways, that was Aecha and she wanted me to tell you “Not to worry” and “Everything is still safe”…whatever that means.”

She laughs awkwardly. “She’s just talking about the apartment.”

“Oh.” I look at her and then an idea hits me. “There three of you are very close aren’t you?”

“What are you talking about?”

“You, HyunSun and Aecha-Nuna.”

“Did you just say…?” Hyung asks perking up his ears.

I wave Onew away and turn back to MiSun. “Both you and HyunSun are with Aecha all the time, but I thought he and you didn’t see each other much.”

She bites her lip. If I wasn’t so confused by it all I wouldn’t have been able to ignore the flutter in my stomach.

“We just don’t see each other much,” she says shyly.

I suddenly feel embarrassed too. It’s obvious she has feelings for him.

“What are you talking about?” YoungJae asks throwing himself into the conversation.

“I was just asking about her and a close friend,” I state.

YounJae looks at me. “But I thought I was her best friend…?”

She turns to the boy and pushes his shoulder. “YoungJae, there is something seriously wrong with your head.”

He grabs her hands and falls to his knees. “MiSun, first you cheat on me with Minho, which I can understand because dibidis his name is MINHO. But now you’re having an affair with a friend that I’ve never met? What about our children?”

I feel my fist clench in frustration without intending to. This boy is ridiculous.

Why is everyone around me nuts?!!

(A/N: dearest Minho…I make you such a troubled character :))

“What children?!” she shrieks.

He point to YoungSoo and DongHul. “How could have forgotten already?”

She shakes her head, “YoungJae that’s not even funny. The both of them are my Oppas.”

That word sends a chill down my spine. Her Oppas?

“As much as I love you YoungJae…” she loves him?! “You really need to talk to someone. I don’t think what you see, and what is reality, is the same.”

I freak out. She just admitted to loving a boy that isn’t HyunSun…what am I going to do? My plan to get them together could be ruined before it even is put into motion. But I feel hurt.

“Yah! Everyone, stop being a distraction, YuNa-shi is going to help us with the dance,” Onew yells over us.

(A/N: slight reference to my other fiction (Soft Kisses, Harsh Words )...if anyone caught it.)

I glance to MiSun trying her best to hide rose colored cheeks. How can I describe the feeling I have right now? Dissatisfaction?

--

 

::Onew::

YuNa smiles, leaving the room as quickly as she can. She’s so sweet to help us out while working on other projects.

“Excuse me,” a voice whispers from around the door.

“Yes?” I call out.

“SHINee Leader! Exactly who I was looking for,” the voice shrieks.

The figure peeks out from the doorframe extending a hand and motions for me to come near.

“MiSun!” I yell and the girl jumps about half a meter into the air.

“Huh?”

“You’re in charge for now.”

She extends a finger and touches her chest. “Me?”

“You are the Leader of your group aren’t you?”

She nods her head, “But I’ve never…”

I cut her off. “This is your first assignment. Maintain the room.”

Her eyes widen and I give a sorry expression.

I make a run for the figure leaving MiSun alone with seven male members. Hope she doesn’t kill me in my sleep tonight.

--

 

::MiSun::

Onew left me. Hyung…Oppa LEFT ME! ALONE!

“Ah, MiSun…” DongHul whispers in my ear. “Who all knows?”

I put a hand on his shoulder and spin him around. “You and all of SHINee…minus Minho,” I mutter.

“The boy you’re debuting with…doesn’t know?”

I nod. “Don’t ask. I have no idea.”

“Hey! You’re stealing my Leader!!!” YoungJae whines running towards me, but I doge him and he smacks his face against DongHul’s shoulder.

“Yah! Give it a rest,” DongHul sighs. “Hyung, you’re wearing me out.”

I watch as the older boy falls to the ground folding his arms and pouting like a child.

“Some times I wonder why she likes you so much,” the younger mutters lower his head.

“Dongie don’t be such a sourpuss. I’m more fun than you, that’s why she talks to me.”

I glance at the two of them confused. “Who?”

“Manager Nuna,” YoungJae smirks. I’m noticing a pattern; he gets a bit serious when talking about other people’s feelings and thoughts, that is, as long as he’s not joking around. No matter what, he’s still embarrassing. “Dongie has the hots for her.”

“I do not have the hots for her,” DongHul says rolling his eyes.

“But you like her,” YoungJae teases leaning back on his hands.

“It’s none of your business!” DongHul barks stomping away from his Hyung.

I bend down to YoungJae and smack him upside the head.

“Yah! What was that about?” he cries rubbing his hairline.

“I don’t completely understand what’s going on, up you shouldn’t do that to your band mates. I know that’s not one hundred percent you talking when you’re like that, but you should do that…it’s rude.”

He looks at me dumbfounded, either because I scolded him or hit him on the head. Whichever it was, at least I have his attention. “Just don’t look for ways to hurt each other…that doesn’t seem like you. Araso?” I stand up and look down on him smiling.

He nods. “Leader~ You’re the best!” before I know it he tries to hug my legs creating a terrible sense of balance for an already clumsy girl. My knee wobbles and I reach out as a reflux grabbing someone’s hands but I still fall backwards landing against something not nearly as hard as the floor.

“Are you okay?” Minho asks mouth centimeters from my ear.

Heat rises in my face and I notice that Jonghyun is holding my right hand while Key is holding my left. My forty-five degree angle with the floor unnerves me and my strength to stay up diminishes. Better put: I willingly drop my weight against these boys.

Minho’s arms wrap around my waist slowly walking me forward so that I’m once again perpendicular with the floor.

I look to the Kims, both smiling sweetly at me, pulling me forward.

“MiSun?” Minho questions and I crane my neck to him. “Are you okay?”

I hum a soft ‘yes’ without realizing how close I am to him. His voice only a breath away, cheek brushing against mine. Am I feeling swoon? Whatever it is, it’s warm and these SHINee boys are cause. Could I still see them after my week is up?

--

 

::Onew::

I follow the figure to the hallways and find myself face to face with Aecha, the lovely SM stylist.

“I need to talk you to again,” she whispers and I follow her down the hall. We enter the same room as before and she leans against the door. “I need you to cover for me and MiSun.”

I laugh, “You mean lie?”

She shakes her head so fast I’m surprised her neck doesn’t pop. “You won’t be lying, just stating the misleading truth. Minho may ask about HyunSun’s meeting with the director and whether or not HyunSun saw the director after he left. I can honestly say that MiSun, the female of HyunSun saw the director after HyunSun left the first time. Also, the meeting was about his debut.”

I nod trying to focus on her words and not my daydreams.

“You can also say that HyunSun was working for the director the whole time he was gone, which he was…practicing.”

My eyes focus on her lips moving with the vibrations against her vocal cords to create words. becomes my only focal point.

“Do you think you can do this?” she asks.

I nod. “It’s not lying so I won’t feel bad.” What am I saying? Snap out of it Jinki!

She smiles softly, “I glad you think that way Oppa.” Her feet slid across the floor twirling her 180 degrees and away from me.

My chest starts to hurt. Aecha, why do you do this to me? This isn’t fair! It’s like you tease me and show me what perfection is and tell me I can’t have it.

I raise an arm and grasp at the air collapsing my upper and forearm together. She’s always so close T_T

“Uh, Jinki?”

Not now…

I feel a sharp pain on my forehead. “What was tha- Aecha!”

She had bent her knees and was now looking up at me. “Leader, what are you doing?”

Again…she stopped calling me Oppa. ._.

“I was just…” my words get stuck in my throat.

“You were just…?” she blinks biting her bottom lip.

“…just…”

She laughs. “I know you’re going to miss MiSun, but please don’t get upset. I’m going to be filling in for your stylist while she’s on pregnancy leave. MiSun’s my roommate, so you’ll be seeing a lot of her.”

I’m starting to think MiSun was right in telling me that Aecha is oblivious with matters that concern her.

“You’re going to be filling in for our stylist?”

(A/N: I know their stylist is actually a male…but please bear with me. >.<)

“Yup! You’re going to get sick of seeing my face,” she smiles wrinkling her nose.

I place a hand on her shoulder and then hold the other to my forehead. “I could never get sick of you.”

Her shoulder wobbles under my touch.

“Op-pa?”

I look at her through my fingers and see her face a bright shade of pink.

“I gotta…go,” she mutters slipping from under my fingers.

I grab her arm quickly and spin her around.

She stares at me for a good five seconds. “Bwoh?”

I clench my eyes shut. Stupid Onew. Stupid. Stupid. STUPID!

I let go of her arm and look down, “It’s nothing important.”

Her fingertips touch the edge of my chin tilting it up. “Jinki Oppa, if something is bothering you, you know you can talk to me about it. I’m not a part of SHINee. I won’t judge you.”

Why do you have to be so caring?

“It was just sangtae,” I laugh it off but she looks at me funny.

“Something’s bothering you,” she states.

“I’m fine.”

“Anni, something’s getting to you.” Her face is only a few centimeters away from mine, her words tickling my cheeks. “Oppa wha-”

I hold her face in my hands and kiss lightly.

I open my eyeslids and see a wide-eyed Aecha. I brush my fingers across her jaw. Please don’t hate me.

“I’ve gotta,” her knees collapse and she falls into me.

“Aecha,” I coo and she looks up to me.

“That was all an accident right? I’m sure it was. Yes, you didn’t mean to…”

I touch her lips lightly with my thumb hushing her. “Just forget I even did anything.”

She breathes softly and I can feel the warm air hit my thumb as I slowly remove it from .

“I’m just the stylist. JongHyun’s cousin! You don’t have to treat me special,” she mutters.

My hands wrap around the base of her neck. “Aecha don’t say that! You’re so much more than just that!”

Her eyes watch mine as her expression fades.

“But I am.”

“Aecha those are just connections, how you relate to other people. But you are so much more than that, you’re a person.” I can’t take that look, “You’re a beautiful girl who easily becomes friends with others. You’re funny and you have your moments just like everyone else. But you are so kind.”

She closes her eyes and gives me a weak smile. “I’m kind?” Her hand wraps around my wrists and pulls them away from her.

“No,” I mutter. “You’re perfect.” I tilt her face upwards and plant kisses on her bottom lip. She tries kissing me back, surprising me a little, but I continue gently brushing her hair behind her ear. I chuckle at her efforts and kiss her softly and slowly. I can feel her breaths as she inhales through each part.

Suddenly an urge sears though every cell in my body. I want to taste her. I want to feel friction between us. “Aecha?” I whisper into a kiss.

She pauses brushing a few strands of hair out of my face. “Bwoh?”

I press my mouth against hers sharply, as if stealing her breath, and then stop. It was only a moment, but unlike my daydreams, it was real.

I take a glace of her face, pink from embarrassment.

“You’re everything anyone could ask for,” I murmur softly kissing her forehead.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Photobucket

YE~AH! i finished it (this long @ss chapter...10 pages on WordDoc) ...and i should have been working on homework. >.>

I pretty much wrote this while not thinking...sorry if it sux. I tried to show a bit more of YoungJae and DongHul...and the manager :) but she's not my biggest concern right now. the stupid manager will make another appearance tho >.< spoiler? idontthinkso.

hope you enjoyed it c: I wanted sooo~ badly to get it out of my head, but i kept falling asleep and was like...what did i want to write here? so i ended up not thinking so much *pout*

thank you subscribers! I'm sorry this is the best i can do. I got a few comments about Onew and Aecha so i wrote a bit more for them...from now on they're just a side note. sorry :( but i was able to fit them into the story pretty soundly so i'm happy about that :) I was thinking i would have to put them with my oneshots :/

Hope you enjoyed it!

much love,

meng. c:

 

- currently trying to develop DongHul, he's the silent type but very sweet...YoungJae is just a trouble maker XD -

 

 

@hanherz: thanks! :) i was thinking about that too (their intro)

@SignedAnon: i feel like a terrible mother creating these confusing situations for him...like trying to set MiSun up with herself.. ahaha

@1811foo: Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy it ^^

 

07.11.2011 update: I've changed the banner because this chapter is more about Onew and AeCha. I'll be doing this whenever they are the main focus. "...you fell in love" refers to Onew and Aecha :3 hope this isn't confusing. I thought it would be cute.