date. pt. 2

dear hyung, i think i love you. {Hiatus}

::Minho::

 

I stand up, completely soaked from our fall. “MiSun, are you okay?” I ask looking to the girl

She pulls her long hair out of her face. “I think so.”

I stop, dead in my tracks.

“Take this,” I say giving her my jacket.

“Wae? It’s wet too,” she laughs.

“Just take it,” I stress and she looks at me oddly. I nod my head down without looking at her and I guess she understood because she takes my jacket coving herself as best she could.

“Omo, this is…”

Embarrassing? Yes.

She buttons up the front of my jacket to hide the fact that her dark colored bra is peeking through her sky blue dress. Her lips quiver hiding teeth that won’t stop chattering.

I give her my hand and pull her up out of the water. “Sorry,” she whispers as we get back to the walk path.

I sigh. “I should have realized that I’m too heavy for you to help up.”

She digs her face into my jacket. “But still.”

“MiSun, things happen,” I laugh swaying her hand.

Her fingernails scratch my hand a little but it feels more like light soothing pressure.

“What do we do now?” she asks leaning closer to me.

I hum an ‘I don’t know’ over the sloshing of my shoes.

“I was going to treat you to ice cream, remember?”

I laugh at her. Ice cream? Now that we’ve just gotten all wet?

“Maybe we should go back to the SM building,” she sighs leaning her head on my shoulder.

“We can change,” I offer and she smiles in agreement.

--

 

::MiSun::

 

I fell into the river. A freaking huge RIVER! This is so humiliating. What if someone had rushed over to us to help and recognized Minho? That could have been disastrous. =_=

I look at the clock as I change my clothes. It’s still only nine. What do we do until then? Everyone has pretty much left the building.

There’s a knock on the door and I call out to them slipping into my new dress behind the shades.

“MiSun? Is that you?” Aecha whispers into the room.

“Ani, it’s a ghost,” I joke peeking my head out from behind the shade.

She sighs whipping her forehead with the back of her hand. “Hew~ I was scared to death it was the twins again.”

“Bwoh? What did the twins do last time?” I ask putting my shoes back on.

She shook her head in disappointment. “It’s more like what YoungJae did and YoungSoo watched.”

I snicker trying to brush the tangles out of my hair. “Those boys.”

“My room was a mess!” she shrieks beginning to tame the chaos which had become of my hair. “YoungJae was wearing a dress and he got into my makeup. When I asked YoungSoo why he didn’t stop him, he just laughed and said ‘why stop the fun?’ I swear that boy has an evil side that he can’t possibly hide.” Out of habit, she sits me down at the makeup counter and focuses on my face. “What exactly happened to you?”

I scratch my shoulder and sigh. “I kinda fell into the river.”

My eyes catch hers and I sense a bit of humor in her stare. “And what about Minho?”

I bite the corner of my mouth. “We kind brought each other down.”

“You two are so cute.” She suppresses a giggle and finishes my makeup. “I’ll take you home when you’re done with your date,” she teases stepping back from me shooing me away.

“Ani, it’s not a date,” I whine opening the door.

“Aecha, it really isn’t,” a deep voice laughs from the other side of the door frame.

My breath catches in my throat as Minho grabs my hand pulling me out into the hallway. “Kaja, I’ll give you a tour,” he smiles tugging me along.

I blush like a fool as he tightens his grip on my hand. He’s acting like we’re so much closer than we actually are.

“This is SHINee’s dance room,” he grins pushing the door open wide for me to see.

I snicker to myself, seeing as I practice in there almost every day.

“This is where we record.”

I laugh, I’ve also been here.

He shows me the different floors, where I can find the director, writers and other staff members. At last he starts to take me up the stairs pulling me to the roof.

“This is my favorite,” he says opening the heavy metal door and showing me the basketball court.

“Of course!” I giggle to myself. “The Great MinHo, loves his basketball!”

He looks at me and laughs pulling me out to the court. “Minho, I don’t play,” I pout but he gets the ball anyways.

“Then I’ll help you,” he chuckles handing me the ball and putting a hand on my waist. “Bend your back,” he demands and I do so. Dear God, if you exist…sorry about not believing in you the past eighteen years. Oh and God? Please don’t let me get found out just yet.

He dribbles the ball with his free hand and passes it to me. I can actually keep up with it, so that means my hard work is paying off T^T. “Now rock on your feet, just a little,” he smiles holding my side.

Omo. Omo! I did it…am doing it! I’m dribbling the ball and it’s not rolling away!

“Do you think you can get it in the net?” he asks and my happy expression dies quickly and painfully.

“No,” I say shortly and he releases his hold on me.

He runs across the court and holds his hands up, “Make a pass.”

Make a pass? Seriously Minho? He was trying to be all smooth and cool at the beginning of this date and now he looks like a dork with his hands up in the air yelling for me to ‘make a pass.’

I throw him the ball and he jumps dunking it into the net. He runs up to me giving me a high-five and singing “team work!”

“You’re such a kid,” I laugh as he takes a seat on the ground.

“Oh, am I not the Flaming Charisma you were expecting?”

I sit next to him and lightly push him on the shoulder. “It’s not that, but I’m having more fun that I thought I would.” Truly not a lie. I thought that I was going to have to be on my toes making sure that he didn’t find out about my secret.

He looks at me in silence as I look up at the stars and decide to lie on the court.

--

 

::Minho::

 

“So you’re saying that there is a star for ever person on the planet?”

I can only focus on her. forming words, her smile forcing her eyes to disappear.

“Yah!”

I watch as she bites her bottom lip looking at me hoping that I can meet her expectations.

“I’m saying that every being on the planet can have their own star.”

She holds her hand up to the sky pointing to a star millions of light years away.

“I think that one is my star!” She giggles.

I look up. “Which one is that?”

“It’s the one that’s twinkling.”

I chuckle, “They’re all twinkling.”

She lets her hand fall down to her side. “But it’s just like me, it’s dim but still fighting to shine.”

I lean closer to her. “Which one is it again?”

She points up and I press my face close to hers.

“I see it! The little one next to the four bright ones?”

“That’s it!” I can smell her hair, was she always like this and I only kept missing her by chance?

“Then I must be the other small one next to yours.”

She laughs placing her hand on her stomach.

“How’s that?”

I feel my lips curl into a smile.

“That’s because...” I turn to her but I’m too close. My heart won’t stop racing.

Her eyes focus on mine.

“Because what?” she teases brushing the hair out of my eyes.

Her breath tickles my face and I grab her hand lacing our fingers tightly. “Because I-”

“You have a message!” her phone twerps, throwing me back into reality.

--

 

::MiSun::

 

My phone goes off saving me from the mistake I could have easily made, but I still curse it. I was so close! So CLOSE!

I jolt up and look at my phone.

 

YoungJae: I’ve found a way to cure your fear of spiders.

 

I sigh texting him back.

 

MiSun: Not NOW.

 

I turn back to Minho and smile. “Sorry about that. I’ve got a bug problem.” (A/N: referring to YoungJae not the spiders.)

He laughs and reaches for my phone.

I jerk to the side and hide my phone behind my back. “What are you doing?”

He opens his mouth to speak but immediately shuts it. “I was just going to give you my number. I thought that it might be useful to have,” he blushes.

And you thought you were going to be so suave Mr. Flaming Charisma.

Oh god. What do I do? I already have is number along with the rest of SHINee. If he gets my phone, he’s going to start asking questions. MiSun…think of a lie quick!

“My phone’s been acting weird for the past week and I can’t add contacts. I’m actually getting a new one soon. Maybe I can get your number after that,” I smile hoping I’m forgiven.

“Well can I get your number just in case?”

He looks so hopeful. Like maybe, just maybe he’s won me over. Which he has, but not like what he thinks…he’s not getting my phone.

I know I have his number (Key gave them all to me the first week at the dorm) but the question is, does he have mine? I can’t bring myself to turn him down again.

“Let me see your cellphone,” I say holding out my hand. He does so by pretending to be cool like it’s no big deal.

You’re so much cuter when you’re a dork.

I scroll through is numbers and find that I’m not there. I begin to type in my number but a contact appears with the same digits. My number’s under cute trainee?!

I quickly edit that number to Aecha Unni’s and create a new contact for my real name.

“There you go,” I say handing him back the phone.

--

 

::Minho::

 

MiSun hands my phone I punch my fist into the air…at least I do mentally. I got her number. Although she was acting kind of weird about it before, I still managed to get it.

“Do you need a ride home?” I ask feeling that maybe my growing feelings aren’t only one sided.

I watch as her expression changes from amused to dead in the eyes. “Aecha Unni was going to give me a ride,” she whispers, barely audible.

She gives me a bit of hope and then crushes me.

“Are you sure?” I ask. “Maybe Nuna already left. It’d be out of the way for her to take you home wouldn’t it?” now I just sound pathetic.

She laughs at a joke that I don’t seem to get. “I live with Aecha Unni.”

She leans forward and gives me a hug. “I’ll see you soon enough Oppa,” she murmurs into my ear.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

i am soo~ sorry about the poor quality of this update. i could have killed me... litteraly. I may have to go on hiatus for a while because i'm not sure about the direction i want to take on this story. i need to write the last chapter for "Soft kisses" but i've been too concerned with this story.

anyways-anyways, i've written a couple of short stories (one of which is a Minho fic) and posted them here . the Minho fic is called "his favorite" and the other one is a Jjonghyun fic. (i am also currently taking requests for oneshots via that story. if you would like to request one, please read the requirements section on the forward page and PM me the info.)

enough...i'm irritating myself......siiii~ghs.

much love,

meng.