auditions.

dear hyung, i think i love you. {Hiatus}

I look at my watch waiting for the perfect time to excuse myself.

“Hey Hyungs, I don’t remember if I told you this but I’m auditioning for a drama in a few hours. I’ll be back soon.”

I touch my mouth. I didn’t say that.

“HyunSun, do your best,” Minho cheers before leaving the room.

I take a deep sigh. So he’s auditioning too?

“Annyo SHINee!” a sweet voice calls from the doorway.

“Aecha?!” Onew shrieks covering his chest with his hand.

“Leader, I need to barrow HyunSun again," she smiles sweetly.

He nods over and over again.

“See ya Hyungs and Taemin! Band meeting again,” I smile and exit the practice room.

“HyunSun, Aecha Nuna, what are you doing?” Minho asks taking a step back as I walk into him.

“HyunSun is trying for a-”

I cover . “I’m having a meeting, haha again.”

He half smiles. “Seems like that debut is coming soon.”

I find myself becoming lost in his gaze. “Yeh…soon.”

He pats me on the head. “You deserve it.”

Every ounce of blood rushes to my face and I tug on Aecha’s shirt in an effort to excuse us.

“HyunSun has to go now, busy busy,” she bows pulling me away.

“HyunSun!” Minho yells down the hallway.

I turn to look over my shoulder.

“Hwaiting!” he smiles punching the air with a fist.

I do the same. “Hyung hwaiting!”

“Aigoo~ you two are so cute,” Aecha squeals.

I hang my head and follow her to the dressing room.

--

“The main character is JiYoung, a girl that has tried her whole life to measure up to her famous sister. She’s talented but disregarded because she is not her sister,” Aecha says working on my makeup.

“Sounds interesting,” I read over my audition script.

“She’s a singer but isn’t the best dancer. She plays guitar better than any boy and is secretive about it. She thinks that people will make fun of her because she sings pop but wants to be in a band.”

I nod. “Anything else I should know?”

Aecha grabs a comb and starts styling my hair.

“Her love interest is Tae…tae, something or the other. Anyways she’s too focused on her career to notice his advances. But when she does everything is perfect. There’s some kind of plot twist but I’m not sure what it is. The guy is an idol, singer, dancer, model, he has it all.”

I memorize my final line.

“Aecha, you’re amazing!”

She brushes the stray hairs out of my face. “Tell me something I don’t know,” she jokes and pulls out my outfit. “It’s going to be a lot of work debuting and doing a drama, but I’ll be living with you soon. And I have something my cousin lacks.”

I look at her curiously, “What’s that?”

“Common sense and I’ve got your back.”

I laugh. Aecha, this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

--

I take a seat and try to wait patiently until my name is called.

MiSun, relax. What’s the worst that could happen? 

“Aigoo~ is that Lee Taemin of SHINee?!” a girl sitting next to me squeals.

I just had to ask.

Jinjja? At this moment?

I get up from my seat and walk towards the changing room they have set up for makeup. They’ll be calling my name soon anyways, might as well get closer to the stage.

“Yah!” I hear Taemin call and I take no time in creating my disguise.

I hide behind the fabric walls and quickly put on a long coat while trying to stuff my hair into a hat.

Taemin throws the curtains back and looks at me. “Hyung? What are you…Never mind. Did you see a girl run through here a moment ago?”

I shake my head. Please don’t ask about my makeup.

“Are you sure? It was only a second ago.”

“Actually, I think maybe she went that way,” I say pointing to my left.

He looks at me pondering my directions.

“Hyung, what’s in your hat?”

I blink. “My hair of course.”

He covers his mouth with his hand as if he’s thinking. “I could’ve sworn she went in here this way.”

I laugh, “Why do you care so much? She’s obviously just an extra.”

“No Hyung, she’s more than that. She’s a trainee. In fact, she’s the trainee. I just want to get her name so I can tell Minho.”

He really does care about his Hyungs. T_T

But at this moment, I wish he didn’t.

“We need MiSun on the set, anyone seen her?”

Taemin’s eyes light up. “Isn’t that the name of your friend? The one who was going to debut as an actress with you?”

I laugh uneasily. “The same.”

He looks around me in search of her.

“Maybe she’s the trainee that Minho likes.”

._.

“Annyo Hyung!” Taemin waves to someone behind me.

“Annyo!” a husky voice yells across the room.

“Minho Hyung hwaiting!” Taemin cheers.

I don’t budge.

He can’t hear us from all the way over here can he?

“Hyung, is MiSun over there?” Taemin asks me looking over at the chair that I’ve convinced myself to be interesting.

“Lee MiSun, anyone seen her?”

He chuckles. “HyunSun, there’s no one there,” he says turning his face to me.

Maybe if I ignore them long enough…Taemin will leave.

“MISUN!”

..I might miss my audition.

Taemin examines my face.

“Hyung, you know, I’ve always thought you were pretty.”

I avoid his eyes.

“Is that so?”

He touches my skin with a finger.

“Flawless and soft.”

I cough, “Could you not touch me like that?”

He pulls my hat off.

“Hyung! You’re a girl?!”

I snatch my hat back.

“Keep quiet.”

His jaw drops.

“You’re the trainee from before!”

I cover his mouth.

“If Minho finds out, I’ll break those legs of yours.”

He smirks, “Why can’t I tell Minho? Because he shares a bunk bed with his beloved trainee?”

My face blushes profusely. “Anni, he’s the only one that doesn’t know yet.”

“Seriously?”

“Is MiSun here?” the casting director yells.

“Be there in a moment.”

I pull off the jacket to reveal my dress. I guess the cat’s out of the bag.

“Omo, like a doll.”

I glare at Taemin, “Breathe a word of this and you’ll forget how to breathe. Hopefully Minho didn’t hear us talking.”

Taemin gives me a hug.

“Nuna, if you ever need me…”

I shove him away. “I already know about your Nuna , just please be quiet about all of this.”

He holds up a pinky. “Promise.”

I take it and link it with mine.

“Trust me Taemin, it won’t be a secret for long.”

He nods his head. “Go before they skip you.”

I smile and run for the stage.

“Annyohaseyo! I’m so sorry please excuse me,” I bow deeply.

“Lee MiSun right?”

I nod.

“You’ve come to audition for the part of JiYoung.”

“Yeh.”

The casting director smiles, “You will be acting a scene with another person who is auditioning today. You’re both under the same management, so you may know each other.”

I look up and about fall over.

I thought Minho left with Taemin a second ago! He exited the stage, so I assumed…

“Actually Director, we’ve never met,” Minho says softly.

“My notes say that you two were scheduled to work together on the Pianist.

I can’t look at Minho, he may find me out.

“Yeh, but my character was cut. I was supposed to play the younger sister but the director took her out altogether do to time restraints.” I turn slightly to Minho without revealing my face. “We’ve only met once.”

His eyes widen. “No way! You were that girl? And now you’re a SM trainee?” he freaks.

I look back to the casting director. “Where did you want us to start?”

He looks though his papers. “Screw it! I want to see your chemistry. Minho already got his role.”

“Director-”

“Anni, Minho, this part was made for you anyways. No reason to deny it. If the two of you could just adlib a romance scene, I think we can decide from that. Try to stay within character though.”

So all of that lightening fast memorization was for nothing?

“MiSun, is there a problem?”

I shake my head. “No sir.”

He laughs, “just don’t get too caught up with him being an idol. Pretend he’s a friend.”

I take a step backwards and let my bangs fall into my face. Maybe it’ll be enough for him to not recognize me.

MiSun, you can do this. This is what you’ve been wanting your whole life.

“What are you doing?” I ask Minho coldly. “No one ever comes here.”

“I wanted to hear you play.”

I look at him softly. “If I don’t meet your expectations as well, I’m sorry. I sing and play the guitar, that’s it. I’m not some rocker chick either.”

He moves forward and touches my cheek. “I don’t care about that, I think you’re amazing.”

“You don’t know that.”

I find myself concentrating on his mouth. “I’ve heard you sing, it’s beautiful. Why don’t you give yourself enough credit?”

I feel myself about to cry. This character is so much like me, a girl trying so hard to make it without wanting to disappoint anyone.

“But you’ve heard of my sister.”

He leans in forward and I can feel his breath on my forehead. “Who’s that,” he says tickling my skin.

“You really don’t care?” I cry.

He presses his lips above my nose and traces my jaw with his fingers. “I don’t.”

“BRAVO!” the director says jumping up from his seat.

“No more auditions for JiYoung! This is her.”

I look around amazed. This isn’t how auditions normally go.

“MiSun and Minho, your chemistry was so sweet and refreshing. There’s no need to keep looking.”

I look at Minho who is looking down and scratching his head. He notices my stares and turns his head in the other direction.

Is he blushing again?

Then it sinks in.

Minho just kissed me! Maybe not on the lips, but he kissed me! ME! His bunkmate.

“MiSun,” he says as we walk off the stage.

I give him my full attention, trying to ignore the heat in my face.

“I’m sorry for kissing you. I just got caught up in the moment.”

He looks me in the eyes.

“Oppa, it’s okay. We’ll be doing more scenes like this from now on.”

He smiles but turns away quickly.

Omo! We’ll be doing more of these kind of scenes together.

The blood rises to my face again.

I will eventually kiss Minho on set.

I can’t tell if I’m nervous or happy.

Either way…I hope he didn’t realize I’m HyunSun.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I meant to upload this last night, but i feel asleep while re-reading it >.> sorry about that.

I don't know if i clarified it in an earlier chapter, but while being HyunSun, she was supposed to tell Minho that her friend that was going to be in the pianist was MiSun. i'm feeling a bit lazy right now, but i'll go back and fix that in a few days.

hoped you like it!

much love,

meng.