the problem.

dear hyung, i think i love you. {Hiatus}

::Aecha::

I pull into the driveway of SHINee’s apartment complex and lean over my steeringwheel looking up at the building. “Omo, this place looks disgusting,” I sigh and sit back into my seat.

“Unni, it’s actually a lot nicer on the inside. I think it’s just a façade.”

I look at the girl who changed genders while I drove her here. “So what happened tonight?” I smile laughing at her.

Her eyes zero in on my floorboards playing with something in her hands.

“Anni, my car mats are not that interesting. What happened?” I press and she holds up my phone.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Anni~ stop avoiding me. What happened?” I ask again.

Her gaze moves to me. “Hyung, I’ll be up in a minute. But I think someone wants to say hello to you.” She pushes the phone to my face and I shake my head.

“What happened?!”

“Yoboseyo? HyunSun? Who is that?” a voice muffles from the phone.

She holds the phone to my ear. “Say something,” she mouths and I make a face.

“Annyo, the trainee will be up soon,” I say and she pouts at me. “As long as he stops acting like a girl,” I glare.

“Ah, thank you. …Who are you?” the voice asks.

“Kim AeCha, which SHINee boy is this? I can’t tell because my phone kind of .”

There’s a painfully long pause. “I’ll see HyunSun when he comes up,” and then a click.

“Who the heck was that?” I ask and she snakes her way out of my car.

“Unni, I switched my number with yours in Minho’s phone. So if he calls you asking for HyunSun…sorry.” She mini bows and runs to the dorm.

Ok…but who was that on the phone. You’ve successfully avoided ALL of my questions.

--

 

::MiSun::

 

I shut the door behind me and look up to see a flustered Onew.

“Hyung,” I smile but he only looks at me.

“I don’t understand why you did that,” he says shaking his head. “You even know about…” his sentence remains unfinished, but I know what he’s talking out. I know that he has feelings for Aecha and I used him to get her off my back.

“Sorry Hyung, I feel really bad about it, but at least you have her number now,” I shrug.

He tilts his head. “What makes you think I didn’t have it before?”

I blow my cheeks up with air. “The fact that you were asking me who it was when I called you.”

He breathes in through his teeth like it’s painful. “You’ve got a point.”

Bowing deeply I mutter, “Hyung, I’m sorry if I hurt your pride. In all honestly, I don’t think Aecha is observant about things that concern her.”

He coughs into his hand like it’s no big deal. “Just get to bed, it’s getting late and we’re the only two up. Minho got back half an hour ago and he’s asleep.”

I salute him and kick my shoes off before running to my room.

“You’re back awfully late,” a voice grumbles.

I look at Key and then at Minho who I think is asleep, but you never know with him. “My band mates kept me. Go back to sleep.”

He turns in his sheets and I step up the ladder not concerned with changing. My pocket vibrates lightly and I wait until I’m under the covers to pull out my phone.

 

Minho: Did you make it home okay?

 

My mouth drops. He’s texting me…right now?

 

MiSun: yup yup ^^ how about you?

Minho: made it home in one piece :)

MiSun: that’s good, but I hope you can get some rest soon. ^.-

Minho: I hope you do too, don’t work yourself too hard. I know you’ll be great.

MiSun: Thank you Oppa! Now let’s just pray that I don’t fall on set e_e

 

I hear Minho chuckle in the bunk beneath mine.

Oh god. I hope he doesn’t catch me.

 

Minho: You’ll be daebak. Just you wait.

Misun: :)) I’m sure you’ll be famous too...some day.

 

He chuckles again and I realize he doesn’t know that I’m texting him from two meters away. That HyunSun and MiSun are the same! I never knew he was so thick.

 

Minho: Lol. Goodnight, can’t wait to see you tmw!

 

My heart starts to beat like mad. Is he flirting with me? God please say that he is. Just let me have this one thing. Just once.

 

MiSun: See you tmw! Nite oppa!! c:

 

--

I’m mid-way through stretching when a familiar silhouette makes an appearance in the doorway. “HyunSun~!” a sweet voice calls out and I look up to Aecha. “The director wants to see you in ten minutes!” she smiles and I grab my stuff.

“Minho, you’ve been acting kind of weird today,” Taemin pouts stretching out his thighs.

Minho's lips curl into a smile. “How so?”

“You won’t stop,” Key snaps leaning forward.

“Stop what?”

Key makes a face and then points to Minho. “You won’t stop smiling! And you keep laughing for no reason. It’s like you’re on cloud nine or something.”

He hides his face with a hand. “I just had a really great time last night.”

Taemin inches closer to him. “What did you do? I thought you were just going over script ideas.”

Minho presses his face against his leg, “I kind of spent the day with the female lead.”

The two boys gasp. “Jinjja?! Like a date?”

He doesn’t say anything to them. “Hey HyunSun,” he calls and I curse my skin for changing color.

“Yeah Hyung?” I sit down so that I don’t have to face him.

“Where were you last night? You didn’t get home until really late.”

I sigh…I don’t want to have this conversation with you.

“I ran late working with my group, we are debuting soon anyways.”

He nods.

“Hyung, you still haven’t told us who the lead is,” Taemin whines kicking him with his toe.

He takes a deep breath. “Her name is Lee MiSun, and she’s actually a lot of fun.”

“Jinjja?” Taemin looks at me. “Hyung! Isn’t that your friend that was supposed to be on the ‘Pianist?’”

I. Could. Kill. The. Maknae.

“Wait, it didn’t occur to me then, but did she make that scarf?” Minho asks and my fears are starting to become reality.

I can’t lie about something so simple as this.

“Dae. She did.”

He smiles widely. “Then she made it for someone on the set, I wonder who.” He scratches his chin with a dazed smile but he looks up and notices the horror on my face. “HyunSun, what’s wrong?” he frowns.

“It’s nothing Hyung,” I shrug and start to walk away.

“Anni.” He grabs my wrist but that doesn’t stop me from moving.

“Hyung, it’s nothing.”

--

 

::Minho::

 

I touch his forearm and see that his face is pink. Aish~ is he embarrassed? If so, was it because of me?! Does he like MiSun or something?!!

He looks so hurt that it’s killing me.

What did I do?

“HyunSun, what’s-” His eyes connect with mine. They’re flustered, mortified and there’s something else that I just can’t read.

“Hyung,” he mutters and my eyes are attracted to his lips.

A tingling sensation creeps its way into my stomach. “HyunSun, did I...”

He looks away tugging at his arm, but it just makes me want to hold him closer. I have the want, the need to be close to him right now. AISSH!!!! No! No! NOOh!

My fingers loosen around his wrist and he slips away, falling to the ground.

“HyunSun!” I move forward to help him but he’s already spun onto his knees bouncing himself up.

“Hyung’s I’ve got to go, the director is waiting on me.”

He doesn’t even turn to look at me. Laugh at me. Or joke that I was being a fool. Something just seems so off about him today. If JongHyun or Onew have done that, he would have turned around and whined “Hyung, why are you picking on me so much?” But not with me.

He usually acts really cute, but not today.

Aish! It’s all my fault. He must really like MiSun.

I think I could have a small crush one her, but I’ve only just met her. If they’ve been friends for years then he deserves her. I mean, I can’t just walk into their growing relationship and expect something from them. Oh god, I almost thought him. There has to be something wrong with me!

Snap out of it Minho.

You like MiSun because she’s cute, she’s funny, clumsy and most of all because she’s a girl!

“Uh Hyung, are you okay?” Taemin asks poking my shoulder.

I look at him and cut my inner monologue short. “I’m fine. Why?”

He shrugs his shoulders. “You just had that ‘Deep Thought’ look in your eyes. That’s all.”

I have to be careful…Taemin might figure me out.

--

 

::Onew::

 

“From now on I’ll be taking HyunSun more and more frequently,” Aecha says forming words on her soft pink lips.

My heart beats so loudly that I’m sure she can hear. “That’s fine, as long as we get him back,” I smile. Does that mean we’ll be seeing more of her?

“Arraso, I will deliver him back personally.” One side of lifts into a smile.

I watch her walk away. Her hips swaying softly. Her brown hair bounces up and down. Seriously, how could anyone not find her attractive?

“You’re staring at my cousin again,” a voice teases and I don’t even try to hide it.

“Yeah, how are you related again?” I ask breathlessly eyes still glued to her back.

“Hyung, we look exactly alike,” he chuckles but I turn to him.

“You two are the same height, and that’s where the likeness stops.”

He punches me in the shoulder. “You’re saying my cousin isn’t good looking?”

“She looks nothing like a dinosaur, stop trying to flatter yourself,” I laugh.

“Ayah,” a voice mutters and my eyes glance up. “Oppa, I forgot to tell you something.”

I look from Jonghyun to the girl and then back to Jonghyun.

She tugs at my shoulder. “Jinki Oppa, I mean you.”

I’m slightly taken aback. Typically she dances around my name calling me ‘SHINee’s leader’ or ‘chicken lover.’  “You’ve never called me Oppa before,” I say slightly in a haze.

The blood begins to rush to her face and she tilts her head down. “Oh, I didn’t realize.”

Then it hits me. Now she knows I pay attention to that sort of thing. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid Pabo!

“I-uh, it’s something I should tell you in private,” she says shooing her cousin away with her eyes.

“Wha~t?” he whines stomping his feet like a child. “I wanna know too! Unless if it’s about you two dating…in which case I don’t care.”

Mental note: somehow punish JongHyun when we get home. Maybe I’ll remove all the mirrors in the house…but then Key will kill me.

“It has nothing to do with you. In fact, I’m sure you would make matters worse if I told you,” Aecha says letting her bangs fall in her face. “I just need SHINee’s leader.”

And there she goes again. I’m not Onew. Not Jinki. And defiantly not important. I’m just, SHINee’s leader.

“Oppa, I need to tell you alone,” she looks at Jjong, but he simply stuffs his hands into his pockets and sighs. “This is a very OPEN area.”

She tugs at my wrist dragging me to the closest dressing room. My heart skips a beat and a tingling sensation spreads from her touch. Lee Jinki! Stop getting yourself worked up!!

She peers out and round the door before shutting it with both hands. “We need to talk,” she whispers and I lean forward to hear her better. She locks the door and I swallow. I know nothing is going to happen, but man, she makes me so nervous all the time.

“Wha-what about?”

She pats my cheek with the palm of her hand and I realize that I’ve bent down to her height. “About MiSun.”

I look at her puzzled. “Who’s MiSun?”

She smacks her forehead with her hand. “The girl who is currently living with you! MiSun. Lee MiSun.”

I become distracted by the deepening panic in her eyes. “Oh~”

“We have two problems.”

I blink my eyes back to reality, “What’s the problem?”

She runs a hand through her hair, letting it fall every which way. Beautiful. “One, MiSun has developed feelings for Minho.”

I sigh, “Isn’t that a good thing?”

She nods a yes. “But, it may cause him to prematurely discover her secret which leads to problem two. The director is planning something. It’s kind of like a final test.”

I twirl my finger in a circular motion. “Continue.”

“He’s going to pull one of you from SHINee and see if you all know about her secret.” She grabs my hand and looks at me desperately. “You have to promise me that you don’t let the others find out.”

My eyes drift away from her and I ignore the fact that she’s still holding my hand…it’s not that I mind though. “They kind of already know.”

She squeezes my fingers, nails digging into my skin. “All of them?” Her voice seems almost like a croak.

“Well most of us.”

Her hand slides up my arm. “Jinjja! Who doesn’t know! Please!”

This is so awkward. This isn’t the conversation I imagined us having in this situation. “Minho doesn’t know.”

“What?! I thought if anyone knew it would be him. He’s with her so much.”

I press my weight against the wall and look at the girl. “The thing is…he’s got a little bit of a crush on HyunSun. It may just be my imagination, but he told me himself that he had a dream that he kissed him.”

“Don’t you mean her?”

I shake my head, kind of wishing she hadn’t let go of my hand. “No, he’s convinced that HyunSun is a boy.”

Her eyes light up. “You have to make sure that he’s the one the director asks!”

“When is he going to do this?” I question.

Her bottom lip drops and I imagine how she would react if I were to kiss her. Jinki! Pabo! Stop being an idiot!

“I think it’ll be right before she leaves.”

I crane my neck forward. “When is she leaving?”

“The end of the week.”

I feel the weight of my chest drop with my breath. “She didn’t tell me.” I rub my face. Seriously, I’m the leader of our group, the one responsible for her, and she didn’t think it was necessary to tell me? “I’ll try to set up Minho so that the director goes to him.”

Her expression changes and she grabs my shirt. “Oppa! REALLY?! This is great! I could kiss you right now!”

“You could do that,” I mutter unable to look at her.

“Did you say something?” she asks still too excited to pay attention to me.

“Nothing, don’t worry about it.”

She jumps on her toes and wraps her arms around my waist. “Oppa’s the best!”

I pat her back softly avoiding the urge to tangle my fingers in her hair. Still, this is not how imagined the situation.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

so so so sorry about this update TTATT i haven't been able to think of much recently for it, and i don't know how i want to end the story...(not saying that that's going to happen anytime soon >.<)

anyways, i think at some point in time I'm going to write a Onew one-shot that goes along with this story (but isn't necessary for the plot of the story). and so it will end up here: here

hope you liked the fail update ;_; i will try much harder next time.

much love,

meng.

 

I'm actually looking forward to wiriting an Onew oneshot. I'm also an awkward person, so while everyone is laughing at his onew condion i just think "hmm, i do that too." haha love his sangtae~