what a leader must do.

dear hyung, i think i love you. {Hiatus}

My mouth drops. “You want me to live with SHINee?!”

The director nods his head. “Lately our girl groups have been lacking in something. I think that if you could somehow observe the way SHINee interacts with each other, then you’ll get an idea of how your group should be.”

I blink. “Mine?”

“You are the leader after all.”

“But I haven’t even met my members yet…Why can’t I observe SNSD?”

He chuckles to himself. “You’ll meet them in time, but it would be stupid to put you with a girl group.”

I just about fall out of my seat. “Sir, I think staying with girls would be more beneficial to my group.”

He shakes his head. “Foolish. Didn’t your manager tell you that you’re the only girl in a co-ed group?”

I glance over at manager Kwon, who conveniently excused himself five minutes ago.

“He must have just forgotten.” ._.

The director laughs harder. “I could put you in a girl group but I believe you have the edge we need for this group.”

I drop my head onto the table only to quickly lift it in fear of being rude. “I’m sorry.”

“MiSun, I have faith in you. Your strength is in your singing, rapping and in your acting skills.”

My eyes meet his.

“I think that you can do this.”

“Thank you sir. I’ll try my best.”

He taps a finger on the table. “There is one more catch.”

I raise an eye brown to look interested, but honestly I just want to scream. I don’t care anymore.

“We’re going to test your acting skills. Since you will be staying with SHINee, you need to dress as a boy, act as a boy and most of all do not blow your cover. If the press found out about this they would have a field day.”

I swallow. “Araso. I accept your challenge.”

Wait! No I don’t!!! D:

________

I take a look at myself in the mirror.

There is no way that anyone would believe I’m a boy. TT_TT

I pick up my phone and call my manager. “Seonsaeng-nim! I can’t do it! They’ll find out as soon as I walk in.”

“MiSun, I’m waiting for you. Be down in two minutes with your things,” he says calmly avoiding the topic all together.

Manager, you’re not fair! T.T’

I shuffle my things to the lobby.

“Say goodbye to your complex, this’ll be the last time you’ll see it as a tenant.”

Dang! and I finally figured out the quickest way to leave my apartment and reach the convenient store across the street.

Manager Kwon talks the entire car ride, of course about things that don’t matter. He’s his usual useless self, talking about the weather and about his kids. (I’ll let you in on a little secret; he doesn’t have kids…they're cats.) This is basically what all of our conversations are like, irrelevant and uninformative.

This is why I never knew about being the leader of a co-ed group.

“We’re here!” he cheers as we pull up to a drab looking apartment complex.

I cough. “Here?”

This is defiantly a down grade from my old place. No first floor garden? No actual lobby? And when was the last time these windows were cleaned?

I sigh. I’m already home sick.

We take the elevator and I can’t help but listen to him this time.

“I’ve gotta say, I was scared about you dressing as a boy, but I’m happily surprised that you were able to fit all of your hair underneath that wig.”

I’ve about had it.

“It’s a good thing you don’t have much of a chest either, or else we could have had a problem.”

That’s IT!

I pull him by the collar. “Do you think I like hearing you speak? You sad pitiful man! You have no guts, are you even a man?! How could you not tell me about this?!”

The elevator chimes and the doors open.

“I’m sorry, I’ll just take the next one,” a boy says.

“No, no, we’re going up just as you. It’s okay,” Manager Kwon says and I bang my head into the corner.

“Oh cool, same floor,” the boy hums.

I bang my head against the corner again.

“Is he alright?” the boy asks now whispering.

“Oh, he’s just excited that’s all.”

I can sense the boy rolling his eyes.

Spineless Manager, why do you do these things to me?

“Here we are!” the man cheers…again.

“Seonsaeng-nim, I don’t want to do this anymore. Can’t we just call the director and call this all off? I’m sure they can put me with another group.”

“Omo, so you’re the one that’s staying with us!”

I look at the boy. TAT

Taemin?!...LEE TAEMIN?!!!!

“I was wondering where you were going, there are only two apartments per floor. Come on, I’ll introduce you.” He takes my hand and pulls me to the door.

“Hyungs! Open up!” he yells knocking noisily on the door.

“I’ll bring the rest of your stuff up,” Manager Kwon says leaving my bags by the door.

“Hyung, what is your name?” Taemin asks as I curse the coward crawling back to the elevator.

“It’s MiSun,” I say not paying much attention.

“Beauty and goodness? That’s a little girly,” he says making a face.

“I meant HyunSun. MiSun is my friend. Sorry.”

He smiles, “Wisdom and goodness, you must be really smart.”

I laugh uneasily. If I were smart, I wouldn’t have gotten into this.

The door cracks open.

“Sorry Taemin, I had to…who is this?” Key asks.

“This is HyunSun Hyung.”

He laughs, “Don’t you mean Nuna?”

Taemin grabs my shoulder and shakes it. “Hyung is defiantly a Hyung, unless I’m Hyung!”

He looks at me with wide eyes. “How old are you?”

He’s too close. I almost can’t breathe. I maybe a trainee, but I’ve never been so close to an idol before.

“Eighteen,” I gasp.

“Dang it, I’m never gonna be ‘Hyung.’”

Key pats him on the head, “One day you’ll be Hyung, or maybe even Oppa.”

I suddenly find myself being sized up by Key. “Aren’t you a little puny to be a trainee?”

Oh god, it’s only been a few minutes and I’ve already been found out?!

“Hyung, stop being rude! I was small when I was a trainee,” Taemin says in my defense.

Thank you. I don’t know you very well, but I’d gladly call you Oppa...or Hyung…whatever makes you happy!

“Taemin, you were like thirteen years old when you were a trainee.”

“You do have a point…”

I thought you were on my side! u_u

“But that doesn’t mean that you should be so mean.”

I look at Key who’s smirking.

“Fine, but let me just say, nothing is ever as rosy as it seems.” He moves away from the door and lets us in. “Hyun-Sun…you’ll be sharing a room with me.”

I can’t look at him. Are you serious? Him? HIM? He could tell I was a girl from one glance.

“By the way, what boy paints their nails pink?”

I look at my hands.

One nail...only one. And it’s chipped! How did he see it?

“Hyung, given the chance I’m sure you’d paint your nails pink,” Taemin says shortly causing me to laugh.

He crosses his arms.

“Hyungs!” Taemin yells across the apartment which is unexpectedly huge and modern.

I can’t believe the apartments are so nice when the complex is so….well not.

“What’s wrong?” Onew says popping his head out from around the corner, Jonghyun following shortly after.

“Where’s Minho?” Taemin asks looking around the room.

“He’s out playing basketball. He should be home soon, but who’s that?” Jonghyun asks.

“This is our new roommate Hyunsun!” Taemin says pushing me forward which actually causes me to lose my balance and sway into the doorway.

“Ouch,” I say rubbing my forehead.

They laugh. So much for living up to my FAKE name.

“I’m Onew,” he says introducing himself once he can keep himself from laughing long enough.

“Jonghyun.”

I bow deeply. “Nice to meet you. Thank you for allowing me to stay here.”

I look up and smile happily (because my wig didn’t fall off).

“Whoa, has anyone ever told you you’re really pretty?” Onew gasps.

My cheeks start to burn and I cover my face.

As a girl, no one other than my family has ever told me that.

So it's my frist time being called pretty, and I'm supposed to be a boy?

“Hyungs, do you know why there’s a man out here praying not to die?” another voice asks, this time from behind me.

I turn around and the door hits me. In the face.

“Oh crap! Are you okay?” the boy asks.

I can barely open my eyes it hurts so badly.

The boy holds my face assessing the bruise.

“I am so sorry, are you okay?”

I open my left eye and am face to face with Minho.

I shut my eye and then open it again.

It’s still Minho.

Are you kidding me?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hey it's meng! so i'm not finished with my other story yet, but i've been wanting to write something less drama and more upbeat. that is to say i want to make this story a bit more mellow.

hope you like it so far,

... after making three banners and editing the background pictures, my hand is starting to cramp so i'm going to rest (since its already the morning as well).

messages are loved very much ^_~

{{this is in no way related to my other stories as they are to each other.}}

 

much love,

meng.