The Battle

Something About You

sorry for the long wait >.<

ive been so busy with school stuff its insane !

i'll try and update again soon !

here's chapter 26 !!!!!

two more chapters and the story is done D:

******

 You were silent sitting in your room. No one came to disturb you as they knew you were trying to figure out the best way to approach the castle. You needed to get in without being detected, but you knew everyone was searching for you. 

 You looked at the map in front of you and try to figure out the best way to get into the center of the castle where Key’s eomma would be. You closed your eyes hoping to get some kind of message, but nothing came. It was as if you were all alone in this, and you knew you were. 

 You stare at the map for a moment and notice the gray dot was moving around again. You thought it was weird how sometimes it would be stationed and then sometimes it’d be moving around. You saw how fast it was moving, you were shocked to see that it had stopped right in the room with you

 You looked around searching for someone that could be in the room and saw no one. You turned and looked behind you and still saw no one. You went back to the map to continue looking for a way into the castle. You were intently watching as Key’s eomma was walking around what you knew was Key’s room.

 You suddenly felt something, or someone touch your shoulders. You jumped in shock and turned to look for who it was, but no one was there. Your eyes widened in shock as you saw the door fly open. That meant that there really was something in the room with you.

 

 Whatever the gray dot was, it was there with you. “Who are you?” You asked sternly. There was no answer. You had suddenly become more alert, someone was watching you, and for all you knew that gray dot was a spy. Why else would it be hanging around the castle and the beach house?

 

 “HELLO?!” You yelled impatiently.

 

 Something was suddenly knocked over. This was making you feel very unsteady. You looked around again for someone, but there was no one. ‘What the hell is going on?’ You thought nervously.

 

***

 

 Downstairs, Onew was hearing everything you were thinking. He kept hearing weird things coming from your mind, but it would stop for a while and he would hear someone else. Someone he didn’t think he’d ever hear again.

 

 “Onew, do you hear that?” Taeyeon asked in shock.

 

 He nodded. He could hear them both screaming at each other. One wanted to see, and the other wanted to be seen. “Min must have not realized yet.” He said knowing.

 

 “What? What’s going on?” Jonghyun asked in confusion. He could feel your nervousness, but he thought that was just about what was going to be happening two hours from now. 

 

 “Key.” Taemin stated smiling.

 

 “EH?” Everyone gasped in shock staring at Taemin.

 

 Taemin stared at everyone in shock not knowing what to say. Did they not realize that Key had been around the entire time? “Key hyung...is here?” He said in confusion.

 

 

 “SINCE WHEN?” Jonghyun asked in shock. 

 

 “Since...he died?” Taemin stated.

 

 All of them stared at Taemin. Onew thought it was just your parents hanging around. Not Key. But then it wouldn’t explain why there was only one dot and not two. That’s when it all made sense. Key was trying to get your attention so he could tell you his eomma’s plan.

 

 “Why haven’t we been able to see him?” Jonghyun asked in confusion.

 

 Taemin shrugged. Like you had said, Key wasn’t like him. He was something else. Probably a real ghost. But then, he wouldn’t have enough life energy to be seen on the map... What was he then?

 

 No one said anything. They didn’t know what to say. Key had been around here the entire time, and no one sensed or even knew he was there. No one but Taemin. “Hyung, Key hyung has been trying to contact us, but no one can hear him.”

 

 “THEN HOW DO YOU KNOW HE’S BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT US!?” Jonghyun asked in anger.

 

 “BECAUSE HE’S BEEN CONTACTING ME!” Taemin yelled back frightened.

 

 “And you didn’t think to tell anyone...” Minho said rolling his eyes.

 

 “Well...I told Onew hyung..” Taemin said thoughtfully.

 

 Everyone turned and stared at Onew with eyebrows raised. He smiled innocently and then ran up to his room and locked himself in there. Jonghyun heard him say something about telling chicken to tell them...

 

 “Pabo.” Jonghyun said shaking his head. 

 

 ***

 

 You stared at the fallen over book in shock. It was flipped open to a certain page. You soon realized it was a photo album, one you had never seen before. There were pictures of you in there that you had never seen before. They looked so old. You touched a picture of you and Key with your fingertips. You felt tears slowly running down your cheeks.

 

 “Min.” You heard a faint voice in your ear.

 

 You spun around searching for where the voice was coming from. As you searched you realized that there was no one there. It was probably all your imagination... You looked at the picture of Key again and felt a tear come down your cheek. You wiped it away and then continued with what you were doing.

 

 “Min!” You heard the voice speak louder. 

 

 “Who are you?” You asked quietly, not turning around to look. 

 

 You were afraid of who it may be. What if it was someone who was coming to kill you? You looked around, trying to find something that would tell you someone was watching you. 

 

 You started walking towards the door and then bumped into something and fell backwards on the floor. You stared at the clear room in front of you and stood up in shock. ‘What the hell was that?’ You thought in shock. You reached out in front of you and felt something there. 

 

 Your eyes widened as you realized it was the outline of a person. Your heart was pounding, you thought someone was in there trying to kill you. But then, why didn’t they try it already? You were vulnerable right now, and everyone knew that. You stood silent, waiting for something to come out. But nothing did. 

 

 “Min, mianhe.” You heard the voice say.

 

 You gasp in shock at the familiarity. Your hands begin shaking. You reach out towards it again and feel the outline of a face. You close your eyes and picture his face there. You thought it was just your imagination, but it all felt so real!

 

 “Key!” You cried.

 

 There was a chuckle, and then all together, whoever it was disappeared. It scared you when you started realizing that you were dreaming of things that weren’t actually there. Your mind went blank in seconds after you realized that he wasn’t really there, he never was. He was gone, and it was forever.

 

 ***

 

 You called everyone downstairs to get ready for the battle that was going to happen sooner than everyone, even you thought. You were standing around with all of them because you wanted to say something to them before you all went to risk your lives. But everything was ruined.

 

 You felt something strike you from behind, something that really hurt. Your eyes widened in shock as you look down and see blood coming down your stomach. “MIN!” Everyone yelled in shock.

 

 You pushed the pain away and turned it into anger. You stare at everyone and nod. And then, you ran. Everyone stared for a moment, and then they followed. 

 

 Onew was trying to communicate with you through thought, but you pushed him away. You couldn’t stand the thought of hurting them, and you knew you were going to. You knew exactly how this was going to go down, you just didn’t know if you were going to win or not. 

 

 

 “Everyone, go get into your positions. There are guards surrounding the perimeter, so make sure you don’t get caught.” You told them knowing.

 

 They all stared at you for a moment and then nodded. Then you all split up. Everyone got into their positions, but surprisingly, for some reason, the guards couldn’t see them. You were making everyone invisible to the guards, they wouldn’t know what hit them...

 

 You got to the centre room and found it completely empty. You looked around cautiously for Key’s eomma, but couldn’t find her. Were you in the wrong room? You were starting to worry that something bad was going to happen. You continued looking around to make sure that no one was around you.

 

 As you searched, you heard a voice behind you. You knew instantly that it was her. You just needed to hear the sound of her voice and you knew exactly who it was. You had finally found her, after almost hours of searching, you found her. You instantly sent a message to Onew telling him to start the ritual. Key’s eomma only stared at you in interest.

 

 “So, Min...you think you can beat me?” She asked taunting.

 

 You looked at her blankly. You didn’t say anything for a moment, but then you realized what you wanted to say. You wanted to tell her exactly how you felt about her. All the hatred you had for her because of what happened to Key. You wanted her to die. But you knew, that in order to have everyone have a better life, the thing in front of you now,  could not die. You had to.

 

 “No, I don’t think I can.” You told her knowing.

 

 She looked at you in confusion for a moment and then decided it was time to say something. You needed to somewhat almost kill her for the ritual to work, which meant that the two of you had to start fighting. You needed to get her weak enough to get some of her blood. You closed your eyes, and sighed. You didn’t want to give her the benefit, but you knew there was nothing you could do now. 

 

 ***

 

 Onew heard the signal from you, he then started telling everyone to start the ritual. He kept a close eye on you to make sure that you didn’t end up dying. But he knew that it was almost impossible. But he wasn’t going to stop until he found a way. Him and the others were talking about it the night before, they thought of something, but they knew it would be a close call.

 

 They needed to get in contact with Key, however it was possible, they needed to do it. They knew that this was close to impossible, but he was going to try his hardest to do what he could. 

 

 “Hyung, have you heard from him yet?” Onew heard Taemin say to him telepathically. Onew shook his head for a moment trying to get out of his daze.

 

 “No, I haven’t been able to reach him...” He said back sighing.

 

 Taemin was starting to get worried. He was the only one who actually made contact with Key, the one who really talked to him. He needed to find a way to contact him again, but he didn’t know how without breaking the ritual, and he couldn’t do that...

 

 Taemin closed his eyes and started thinking of Key being right in front of him. He waited for a few moments and then decided to give up. When he opened his eyes, he was shocked to find Key standing right in front of him, glaring. “What is it, Taemin?” He asked in a venomous voice.

 

 “Hyung, I have to tell you something, but you can’t freak out or anything okay...?” Taemin asked worriedly.

 Key gave him a warning look and then sighed in annoyance. “Taemin, I was busy. What do you want?” He asked.

 

 Taemin took a deep breath and started telling Key everything, while continuing to do the ritual. Key’s expression became more and more worried as Taemin went on explaining. ‘That stupid Min is trying to kill herself now!?’ He thought to himself in anger. He was about to come over to you when Taemin stopped him. He shook his head.

 

 “Mwuh?” Key asked angrily.

 

 “Hyung, you can’t go over there, it’s shielded by Min’s magic... it’s impossible. She’s become a lot stronger after you died... I think she wants to make us all happy. That’s why she’s risking herself, she just wants us all to be happy.” Taemin told him knowing.

 

 Key stared at him as if he had grown another head. He couldn’t just let you go and kill yourself. He loved you. He didn’t know what he’d do if you never existed... Would he just not be happy? Or would he get another person as his soulmate? These were all the questions that were going through his head, as you and his eomma fought.

 

 You knew she was on her last spell, her last breath... You had nearly killed her in the process of trying to weaken her. But at the same time, you knew soon was going to be your last breath. You closed you eyes as you were laying on the ground. You looked at the ceremonial knife in your hands. That was what you needed to kill yourself with. 

 

 The instant you raised it, someone caught your hands. You stared up at Key. You couldn’t believe your eyes. He was right in front of you, like he would  be on a normal day. You wanted to reach up and kiss him, but you were too weak to even lift your head. You took his hands, and that was when you realized how much you had missed him. You wanted him to never leave. You just wanted him to lay there with you for as long as you were alive.

 

 “Min, what are you doing?” He asked worriedly.

 

 You shook your head, indicating for him not to talk or ask any questions. You just wanted to sit there with him until you died. You held his hands tightly as you felt your body starting to drift into another world.

 

 You smiled at him as you saw his eomma getting up, and she seemed perfectly fine. You stared at her in disbelief... This wasn’t good. You pushed Key away from you and sent fire daggers toward her. She dodged them all. What was happening? Why had the tables suddenly turned?

 

 She came up to you and pressed a hand against your chest. This action sent you flying into the bars on the windows. You hold your back in pain and stare at her in disbelief. How was she so powerful?

 

 “You think you could beat me?” She asked you angrily.

 

 You turned away from her, hoping that you would be able to get away from her, but nothing worked. She was always right behind you. You couldn’t have her kill you, but you also couldn’t kill her. You just needed to injure her enough so that she won’t be able to get up again.

 

 You pushed Key away from you again and noticed the look on his face. You couldn’t bare to look at him. The pain in his eyes was too much. You just got up and charged at her. You sent all the power you had left towards her, and the next thing you knew, everything was black.

 

***

 

 Jonghyun was the first to see the explosion. His eyes widened in shock. He then knew instantly, what had happened. You had finished the ritual. But what he didn’t know, was that the explosion was coming his way. It sent him flying into Ae cha. He looked at her and smiled widely.

 

 “Sorry for dropping in so rudely..” He said jokingly.

 

 “AHHH YOU’RE SO CUTE!” She exclaimed excitedly.

 

 “Aren’t we going out with everyone today? Where’s Key hyung?” Taemin asked coming up with the rest of the gang.

 

 Jonghyun shrugged for a moment and then noticed Key running towards him. He rolled his eyes in annoyance as he saw Key dressed in his best. Onew raised his eyebrow at him and sighed.   

 

 “Trying to find another girlfriend you can play around with... Honestly Key, you should’ve just married Nicole.” Onew said rolling his eyes.

 

 “Nah, I need something fresh.” Key explained.

 

 Taemin looked around in confusion. What were they all talking about? Did they not remember anything about you? He was about to say something, when someone came into his mind and told him to be quiet. He knew it was you. It made him sad that no one else remembered you. But he thought of a plan, a really good plan... And he knew soon, everyone would remember you again.

 

******