Chapter 26

What About Us

Three knocks and you would think someone would understand that no one is there. Or atleast trying not to be. Ever since yesterday, when I had talked with Chanyeol I feel like a horrible person. He hasn't answered any of my calls or texts. When I go to visit him at his dorm, Luhan is always answering saying he isn't there when in reality he is. I want to apologize face to face but honestly Chanyeol doesnt want to see him. I keep saying to myself that he just need's time to cool down but since it's been already 2 weeks, I think I understand the message he's trying to send me. Actually send to everyone. He's barely around anymore. You'll catch a glimpse of him in classes but after that he's nowhere to be seen. Im still trying to accept his absence in my life. I'm trying to accept that our friendship had come to an end. The once crying and angry Chanyeol is now just a tall emotionless and pokerface Chaneyol. His sadness has now filled within me mixing with the guit I have. I'm an emotional wreck.

A fourth knock is heard with Kai's voice following, "Sulli I know your in there, please open the door." I sit on the couch with one of the pillows around hugging on tightly as I let some tears fall out. Once Chanyeol and I stopped talking, I kind of pushed everyone away. It's not easy to hide my feelings since they do take control of me. Chanyeol was one of the first people I met here, He was my bestfriend that I loved very dearly. When you loose someone like that, It hurt's. It hurst so much. "Please open up" Kai says calmly. That's all he's ever been to me. Calm. He understands that I need my space right now but he doesn't give up to cheer me up. I wipe away the tears and check that I look somewhat okay before opening the door. He walks in and places his bag down on the kitchen table before joining me on the couch. He sit's there with me craddled up in his arms. HIs hand my hair back slowly repeatedly trying to soothe me down. "He's doing okay now Sulli. You shouldn't beat yourself over what happened." He states breaking the silence. I sniffle before responding, "Everything that had happened was my fault. He hates me and wont accept my forgiveness but then again why would he?" Kai lets out a deep sigh. "Sulli I'm tired of seeing you look so miserable all the time. If he wont accept your forgiveness then that's his lost, But you can't be like this all the time. Some friends are meant to be lost. Everything happens for a reason" Knowing that some of Kai's words were right it's difficult actually fully believing it. He makes me face him and begins to wipe my tears away and makes sure my face is all clear. "Now this is the Sulli I would like to see. The one without the tears" He comments when he's done. He places a small peck on my cheeck before getting up to go get me some tissues. While he goes and get them I get up and go to the mirror to make sure my face is clear. When you really focus you can spot the dark bags I have under my eyes from lack of sleep and crying so much. I put my hair up in a bun and can only look at myself real hard until Kai interrupts. "So, can I ask you something?" He says as he hands me the tissue. I nod as I take them from him. "Should I be jealous that your crying over another guy?" He says with a smirk. I chuckle at his question. "Of course not. Just imagine how I would be if you and I weren't together. This can not compare" I state as I wrap my arms around his neck. He takes this oppurtunity to kiss me so very gently yet feel the love that is from him.

After hanging out for awhile Kai heads out to go hang out with his friends which leave's me alone again. Kai had offered me to go with him but of course I refused. I know Kai is trying to be nice but every guy deserves his guy time. Looking at the clock and realizing that it is only around 5 makes me so much more sad. I need to get some air and get out the house. I can't be sad all the time or atleast while it's so early like right now. As I shut the door behind me, I take note that this is baby steps towards recovery from my depression. I walk aimlessly down the hall in search of finding relief.

"Wrong" Krystal says as she analyzes her nails making sure that they are "perfect" and not looking at what's infront of her. "You weren't even paying attention" Chanyeol responds irritatedly. She looks away from her nails and focuses on him. "Exactly. You didn't catch my eye or anything. Your words were just "blah". It's wrong" She answers. As she relaxes comfortably sitting down on his couch he's standing infront "entertaining" her. "I can't do this. The whole idea was just stupid. Maybe we should just stop all this" He says as he goes to his fridge to get something to drink. Hearing what he had to stay makes her get up from sitting down and releases the annoying and non shut-up Krystal. "We are not going to call my plan quits. This idea took me some time to think of and if you think that you can just halt it becuase you are beginning to have some doubts does not give you the right to make such an irational decison. I am trying to help you Chanyeol, I am being a very good friend to you." She states before he cuts her off. "Are you really helping me? Am I really your friend?" He asks seriously. "Why would you ask such a thing?" She says still putting up an front. "Krystal lets be real honest with eachother for this topic. You never talked to me before, You didn't even know my name. I'm pretty sure you didn't even know I exsisted until you met Kai. Everything you do is for Kai or to get revenge on someone, How am I to be sure that your helping me and not helping yourserlf?" He asks. She takes a breather before walking over to where he is. She approaches him by coming up to him, so close to him that their faces are now only a few inches away. "I promise you Chanyeol that I'm helping you. Everything I'm teaching you is to help you. I know that I wasn't the best person in the world before but I changed. I can be better" She says. Chanyeol places his arm on her shoulder pushing her a bit back trying to make some space between them. "Nobody's perfect Krystal. We all make mistakes." He says. She goes in for a hug which he gladly accept's.

It's dark out by the time Krystal leaves Chanyeol's dorm. She closes the door silently and makes her way down the hall to her dorm. She has this grin on her face and looks so proud of herself. I too am making my way back to my dorm when I spot her walking infront of me. I pay no mind about her until I realize something so different. She's smiling so radiantly and happily. It's something you dont see so often or infact ever. I speed up my steps to make it to the dorm faster. She realizes my presence and immediantly her smile is gone. She approaches me by giving me a quick tap on the shoulder. "I never thought you would get out of there. And so late too." she says motioning the dorm I'm in.. "Do you have a reason for coming home so late?" I ask back. "Party's, friend's, all the stuff you wouldn't know much of" She says with a smirk. "Goodnight Krystal" I say not wanting to get into any dram with her right now. "Whatever" She says as she flips her hair before making her way back to her dorm. When she flipped her hair, the smell of something so familiar fills my nose. It's the same scent I would smell when I am around Chanyeol. "Krystal" I say loudly realizing that she has'nt full enterd her room yet. "Good night" She says back before closing the door behind her. What would Chanyeol and Krystal be doing together. I don't have a good feeling about this.