Chapter 8

What About Us

As I'm standing in front of the mirror looking at my reflection, I just cant stop thinking to myself about tonight. Im wearing my athletic sneakers, grey sweatpants, a black tee top, and my hair is tied up in a ponytail. Looking in the mirror, I'm wondering if what I'm wearing is fine. Do I look okay? Why am I overthinking so much? I turn around and make sure nothing is on my backside, In only a couple of minutes I should get going. Amber who is sitting on my bed reading a magazine notices me looking at myself and decides to stop reading. "Sulli you look prefectly fine. Remember this is just some extra practice for your dance routine." She states. I take in a deep breath and sink her words into my head. "Amber why am I acting like this?" I say as I pout. "Maybe you li-" Before she can finish I interrupt "Oh I think I'm late, I'll be back soon. Bye" I say as I leave the dorm.

When I reach the Dance Studio, I make sure that no are in sight. No students are allowed in classrooms without adult supervision. But whenever students ask, Teachers make a big deal out of it. This leads to students going to classes after hours. As I enter the Dance Studio, I spot Kai doing some stretches. I put down my towel and water bottle and join him. "There you are, I was wondering what was taking you so long" He says as I join stretching him. "Sorry, I-" Im interrupted when he says "You dont need to apologize" with a smile. I nod in understandment. "So, I have to warn you about something" He states. "What is it?" I ask curiously. "Well, I hope your not tired now. Becuase Im going to power dance, and so are you." He says with the same smile. I stop my stretching and look him dead in the face. "Why are you warning me? Do you think I'm not as good of a dancer?" I ask curiously. "You must be a great dancer if your partnered up with me" He says. "Wow, I didnt think you would be concieted." I say laughing. He laughs too. "Look, If we want to win this thing, We have to work harder than before" He says with a serious tone. "Alright, where do we start?" I say with my eye smile. I see a little blush make it's way on his cheecks. "Umm do you remember the steps to the dance?" He says with a nervous tone. "Of course" I answer. "Alright, What were going to do with the steps is add more power with them. This would be called a Power Dance." He states happily. "Alright, Lets do this." I encourage.

The room is filled with the music and our bodys synchronized with the beat. Sweat is what were coverd with. Panting can be heard, Powerfull movements can make an effect. It's already been an hour, and the whole time we've been constantly doing the same routine but adding more powerfull movements and making everything look right. After the song ends for what feels like the 18th time, We finnaly decide to take a break. I get my water bottle and towel and sit on the floor as I refreshen myself. Kai sits down next to me and does the same thing. He sips the bottle of water and uses his towel to pat the beads of sweat that makes their way down his neck and face. "So, was I too powerfull for you?" I jokingly ask. "You were good, not as good as me though" He states. "Wow, If only I knew earlier how concieted you are." I say. "Their's many things that I can surprise you with about myself." He says laughing at my comment. "Then enlighten me. What has changed about you since back then before we stopped talking?" I ask curiously. "Well alot, But then again not that much. You know everything about me Sulli." He says as he looks me in the eyes. Aish does he always look attractive when he stares people in the eyes. Sulli stop thinking that way, He has a girlfriend. I look away hiding my blush and then saying "It's the same here. You know basically everything about me. I havent changed." I say. "Of course you havent. Your too stubborn." He says. I smack him lightly. "You really need to stop doing that." He says with a chuckle. "That sounds like you want me to hit you again." I say with a chuckle. "Who would want that?" He says confusedly. "I dont know." I say realizing that I dont make sense. Before he can add on anything I try to hit him again with both of my hands but end up getting blocked when his hands grab mines. Omo were holding hands. This is skinship that shouldnt be happening, atleast I think. I retract from his grip, and it starts getting awkward. Before he can apologize I say "It's alright, it's nothing to worry about. See you tommorrow." and with that we bid our goobyes.