Chapter 20

What About Us

"Amber, I need to use the bathroom" I say as I knock on the bathroom door for the third time this morning. "Hold on. I'm using it, I'll be done in a few" She say's from the other side. Ever since I got permission to live back in my regular dorm thing's have been more crazier. I sometime's leave my crutche's around the room and Amber at first get's mad but then just remind's me calmly to move them. My leg doesn't hurt as much as it did when I first broke it, now my leg is just healing while it allow's me to move around somewhat like before. And luckily the school had given me extra time to get to my classe's becuase of the incident. No word has come from Krystal since the incident. In the hallway's I never see her face, atleast since what happened last week. In Vocal Prep she's there but is always hiding somewhere, as if she is feeling afraid. Or worse, feeling guilty. Finally Amber get's out and let's me get all ready for the awaited day. After I'm done in the bathroom Amber and I both leave and make our way to tour assighned classe's.

While I'm on my way to Vocal Prep, Luhan catche's up with me and decide's to walk to class together. "I see your leg has gotten better" He states. "Much better than last week" I respond. The teacher's are excited that you are back in action and so are many of the student's. I nod. "Does everybody know I'm coming back to my regular classe's? Like everyone?" I ask. He take's a moment to think about my questions. "Krystal know's" He respond's flatly. "How did you know I was asking that?" I ask a bit surprised. "I know what you really mean Sulli, their's no need to not speak straight fowrward" He says with a light laugh. I laugh a little too at my silliness. We soon reach the classroom and walk inside. For me I actually limp a little. When I get inside all the student's stare and start whispering. The teacher make's me go up to the front of the room to states how happy everybody is to have me back and to say a couple of word's on mybehalf if liked. "Please treat me just like before. I don't like feeling pittied. Thank you everyone" I say as I take my seat. During the whole class time I notice how Krystal didn't show her face and realized something else. The whole time I've been here Kai has been here too. Kai didn't go to the dance company. I notice how all the student's are getting up becuase it's the end of the class. I get up and leave class too.

Becuase of my broken leg I can't go to dance class so the school advised me to take that time to rest my leg. As I'm making my way back to my dorm Kai catche's up from behind me. "Hey Ssul, do you want me to bring some game's over while your in there? I know you won't be able to dance for right now but playing board game's are fun too" He says with a cheesy smile. "Kai what are you doing here?" I ask seriously. "I uhh live here" He says pointing to his door. "Not that. I mean why are you still here in this school when you should be out there in the dance company?" I ask again more seriously. He stay's silent and look's away. "Seriously Kai! Why would you throw away such a good oppurtunity?!?! Not everyday do top famous people ask for you personally to be around them. You could have gotten something really good out of this Kai. Seriously I thought yo- "I did it for you" He silently respond's. I'm shock at his reponse. "What?" I ask in shock. " did it for you. I didn't go for you" He shyly reponds. "Why?" I ask back. "Sulli when I found out that you broke your leg I couldn't help but to think that you shouldn't be going through this alone. I was your partner while we were dancing and I'm still your partner for whatever award's we recieve together." I can't help but smile and blush like a fool at his word's. "Now would you like anything to do in your spare time" He says trying to change the topic. I immediantly hug him becuase of his words. He's shocked at my action but hug's me back anyways. "Thankyou Kai" I manage to say. I break off the hug once I've gotten it out of my system. "And thanks for the request but I got some work to catch up on anyways." I state. He nod's in understanding. "I'll see you later then" I say as I limp inside my dorm. He waves goodbye.

While I'm working on some paper's the door slightly open's to a smiling Chanyeol. "Amber told me to drop off her stuff" He say's holding up some of Amber's book's. I nod in understanding and get back to some of the paper's I was writing on. "What are you doing?" He asks as he notices my concentration on the paper. "Ever since I broke my leg I've missed out on a ton of work. I need to keep up with everybody." I state as I start looking around for something in a book. "You should take a break you look stressed" Chanyeol advises. "Exactly what am I supposed to do Channie?" "Let's do something fun" He says. "Like?" I ask getting interested in this conversation. "Like play a game or something." "Ooh what kind of game?" I ask. "Umm I dont know. Let me think" He says. While he think's I get back to reading. A little while later Amber walk's in the room with a laughing Luhan. When Chanyeol see's Amber he start's acting wierd and when he see's Luhan he get's a tinge angry. "Chanyeol I was looking for you earlier, you ran off with my book's somewhere" she say's as she walk's in. I look back to Chanyeol and notice his nervous glare. I smile at his reaction. Luhan take's a seat at the table I'm sitting at and start's a conversation with me. From afar Chanyeol begin's to get jelous. "So what were you doing while I was out?" She asks. "I'm trying to find out what game me and Sulli should play" Chanyeol responds. "A game, I want to play" Luhan says. "Yeah, Let's all play. What game are we playing?" Amber asks. "I dont know yet?" Chanyeol say's. "Let's play truth or dare?" Luhan suggest. "Yeah" Amber boast.

Amber make's some space on the floor for us all to sit down and play the game. "So who's going first?" I ask. "I will" Luhan says. "Truth or dare?" I ask him. "Umm truth" He answers. "C'mon don't be a baby" Amber says teasingly. "I'll go easy for the first round" he says defending himself. "How many girlfriend's have you had since you got here?" I ask. "None." He simply answers. "Wow, really no one in this school out of all the girl's who followed you around no one is the perect one?" Amber asks. Luhan nods no. The next person is Chanyeol. "Chanyeol truth or dare?" Luhan asks. "Umm truth" He answers. Amber and I giggle at his answer. "My little baby is still a baby."Amber says teasing him. "Is there anybody you really like in this circle?" Chanyeol take's a moment to think. "Yess. My lovely cousin" He anser's shyly as he hugs Amber. "Soo adorable" I state. The next turn is Amber. While Chanyeol thinks of stuff Luhan get's a quick call before returning back to the circle. "C'mon Chanyeol ask me the question." Amber states. "I'm thinking hold on" Chanyeol says. "Amber is it alright if somebody else come's over?" Luhan asks politely. "Yeah. Is it someone I know?" She asks. "Yeah. Your good friends" He responds. "Ok I got it? He says. We turn our attention back to the game. "Who is the cuttest guy in this room?" Chanyeol asks proudly. She take's a moment to think. The door open's silently and the person awkwardly stand's there. A smile make's a way on her face when she see's whose at the door. "Kai" She answers with a smile. Kai stand's there awkwardly. Chanyeol has a dissapointed look while Luhan look's confused on how he Kaiis the one. I can only giggle at the awkward atmosphere that fill's the room.