Chapter 1

What About Us

Life brings things in your path for a reason. I know this. Throughout life you will have hard times and easy times. I know this. In life everything happens for a reason. I know this. Life has a way of bringing your past into the present. I didnt expect this.

Here I am standing infront of my dorm about to open it until I see him. That face that I rarely got to see from back then is now closer than before. His door is open midway showing him put some of his stuff on a shelf. His looks have gotten better over time I must admit. Concentration is what he is right now. He doesn't even notice me looking at him. Seeing him makes me think about back then. Why is that he is the only person that has this effect on me? I shift my gaze away and turn the knob to my dorm room. Once I walk inside I realize just how beautiful this place is. Their's two beds, one near the window and another near the left side of the room. The walls are painted white with black music notes painted over it. This room is really big compared to mines back home. As I'm putting my stuff down, I hear shufflinf noises coming from the bathroom. I walk over and finally find my roommate who is apparently having a problem putting the roll of toilet paper on the knob properly. "Hi" I greet her. She shifts her gaze to me and immediantly drops what she's doing and greets me with a handshake. "Hi, Im Amber. What's your name?" "Oh, Im Sulli. It's nice to meet you." I greet again. "That's a pretty name" she compliments. "Thank you, I see your having problems with the toilet paper." Her gaze shifts towards the toilet paper and her cheecks instantly turn a little red. "Do you know how to fix this thing?" she says while holding up the toilet paper. I chuckle at her question. "Sure" I end up fixing the thing and then go to unpack my stuff. "Sulli, is this all your stuff?" she asks as she looks at the two bags I brought. "Yeah, I dont like bringing alot of stuff soo yeah." I nervously say. "What are you here for Amber?" i ask trying to switch topics. "Oh, Im here for my rapping skills. And to try dancing. You?" "Umm im doing dancing and singing." "Yay, I guess we will be seeing eachother around alot then. "Yeah" I agree. A knock is heard from the door, and in comes one of the College Councelors. "Hi girls, Are you two enjoying the first day so far?" We both nod in agreement. "Well thats good, Quick reminder everyone is going to meet in the auditorium for your schedules and assigned classes in a few minutes. Dont be late" and with that the councelor left. "Lets go now, So we can get good seats" Amber says while she drags me away.

The Auditorium is litterally packed with hundreds of students. It feels more like thousands being in there. Thanks to Amber we get good front row seats, Which makes me feel a little bit less nervous. I start admiring the view of the place until I look around and see her with him. Krystal. I didnt expect her to be here, but then again she is always around Kai. I see Kai holding her by her waist while they talk to their friends. So not only do I have to put up with seeing Kai around but now Krystal. This day just keeps getting better. Everybody starts to find a seat once the principal starts making her announcement. Her speech last about an hour. She mostly talks about how luck we are to get into such a good school. That this place is where the best of the best are. This school is one of the top schools that have scholarships to get you enrolled into real music companys or art programs. Later on she says we will find our schedules on the way out. As everyone exits the auditorium and picks up their schedule I pray that I dont have a class with Krystal. She made my life a living hell in highschool. Please dont let history repeat itself. To my surprise Im in all of the top classes. I didnt think my dancing would be so good, but I'm proud. "Sulli?" a female voice says. Oh no, its her. Should I walk away? Just act like you dont hear her.  As I'm about to walk someone pats my shoulder. Damn. I turn around to see the one and only Krystal in front of me. "Hi Krystal" I greet her. "Sulli, What are you doing here?" *Obviously im going to school* "Im here for singing and dancing" She makes a surprised face. "Really, I wonder how you got in. Your dancing is good and all but it just needs improvement. Thats probably why your here." She states. Anger boils within me. Even now she finds a way to insult me. "Well it was nice seeing you, I got to go" I say as I'm about to walk away. She grabs my arm before I can go. "Wait, Dont you want to see some of your old highschool friends?" *Oh god no!* "No Im fine, bye" I yank my arm out of her grip and make my way back my dorm.

Once I reach my dorm I slam the door close. I was so close to seeing him again. I dont know why I run away from him like this though. Its possibly becuase I know it'll get really awkward between us. He probably knows I'm here now since Krystal saw me. I thought coming here would get me away from my past. Aish Sulli what are you going to do. To get my mind off of things. I end up unpacking all of things and putting them where they belong. After about two hours Im done. From the window, I can see how it is laready dark out. Amber is out probably meeting up with people unlike me. Im here at home hiding from my past. I decide to take a walk around the campus to relax myself. I plug in my head phones and enjoy the music while admiring the view of this place. Im currently listening to Exo - Baby Dont Cry. This one part of the song always gets me singing. ~Baby dont cry tonight eoudumi geochigo namyeon~ I sing as Im looking at the paintings around the main hall of the campus. As Im admirng them, I didnt realize that I had an admire from afar. A tall guy from afar had heard my singing and stopped whatt he was doing to hear from where it came from. I sing a little more and then start heading down the hallway to see more of the campus. The young man follows from behind and eventually spots where it came from. He makes his way towards me and taps me on my shoulder to get my attention. I take out one of my ear buds  and look at the gentelmen infront of me. "Was that you singing?" he asks curiously. "Yes, Was I making too much noise. Mianhae" I apoligize. He chuckels before saying "Dont be, Your voice is really good." "Thank you.. Whats your name?" "Oh I'm sorry, Im Chanyeol. You?" "Im Sulli, Its nice to meet you." "Im actually a big fan of that group, I love that song." he says with a big smile on his face. "I love it too. The songs is just amazing" I say as I flash my eye smile. I spot his cheecks get a bit red. "So what are you doing wandering around the main hall?" he asks. "Ohh I'm just trying to get used to this place, I will be here for a while so I might as well get to know this place." His phone begins to vibrate in his pocket. I bid my goobyes and make my way back to my dorm. As I make my way infront of the room door I shift my eyes over to the door next to mines. Kai's room. I can hear laughter and a girls voice coming from inside. I hurry my way inside the room. I lie down on the bed next to the window and can only just start thinking to myself. I hope life here is going to be simple. And with that kept in mind I end the night on a good note.

The next morning I wake up around 6 to start classes at 8. Amber headed out to go get some breakfeast while I just ate a granola bar. This morning Its drizzling a little outisde. Little rain droplets make their way down the window pain. After I get dressed into a regular peach tee with my blue jeans and blue flats I head out the door and make my way towards my first class. My first class is vocal prep. Once I reach the door that leads to the class I see them again. This time their just hugging each other. She is playing the role of the girl who doesnt want her boyfriend to leave. And he is saying how he doesnt want to go but he has too. A few other girls walk by admiring Kai's cuteness and of course Krystal at the moment kisses him like she hasnt seen him in two weeks or something. This girl is really something else. Im watching this scene from afar and it still disgusts my eyes. I wait until he leaves and she goes inside the class to walk in. When the coast is clear I make my way in the class. I take a seat near the front and unfortunately Kyrstal just chooses to sit to the seat right next to me. I shift myself towards the other way so she wont notice me or try to talk to me. I sit like this throughout the whole class time. For todays class we just took nots on what helps to increase our voices. And how to keep your vocal cords good. The next class I have is Dance. Its the general dance class. In this class they will teach you a variety of different dances. I make my way there and my mood instantly brightens. Amber is here. I head straight over to her and get welcomed by a hug. "Sulli, Im so glad your here. Sorry I didnt see you this morning, I was extra hungry." she states. "Dont worry, Do you know what dance were doing today?" I ask. "Umm not yet, But arent you excited?" she says while jumping up a little bit. "Kind of" I say. The teacher soon comes in and everybody gathers aorund to hear what the plans are for today. The dance instructor announces that Were going to be learning jazz for the first couple of weeks. Some of the students wine at the thought of that since people believe its boring. "You guys will enjoy it, now everybody start streatching."The dance instructor says. As I start stretching out my legs I notice someone else that I recognize in the room. There he is hanging around all of his other guy friends. His eyes catch glimpse of mine and his face looks sort of surprised that I'm here. I immediantly turn my gaze away from his and try to focus on my stretching. I see his feet make their way near me. "Sulli?" he says. Damn, there goes my day.

*Authors Note*

How was the first chapter? Was it good? I hope you liked it. Please comment, Thanks for reading. ye :D