Chapter 34

What About Us

*Authors Note* IMPORTANT

 

Sorry for not updating in awhile. Im working on other stories and school work. As you may know, this story will have its ending. I just want to say Thankyou to all of you who have read this story and subscribed to it. While I was in the process of making this story I didn't know how to express my words through the characters well. But, your comments have heped me improve that and made me feel like my writing was actually worth something. Since this is a couple that I don't see many people ship, I was and still am surprised by how many views and subscriptions this have. I'm really happy that you all enjoy this story and just happy that your reading this right now. Thankyou so much, You really don't know how much all of your comments and time reading this means to me. I love you all and hope you stay awesome. And if you haven't already, You should go check out my other storys that I'm in the process of writing now too. "The Greatest Emotions" and "The One and Only". Thanks so much. Enjoy the final chapter below.

I brush my hands over the silk covers that are wrapped around me, protecting me from the codness that fills the whole dorm. With socks on and long silk and comfy pants on, The cold still finds a way to reach me. My eyes look over to the clock that reads 4:10am. Ever since Kai's leave, I always wake up around this time for some reason. Kai would usually come in and cuddle next to me knwoing that I was cold. His warm embrace around me made sleeping easier and faster. However, It's been 6 months since Kai left. That day always replays in my head when I lay awake at night. He replays in my thoughts.

I push the covers off of me feeling the coldness brush against my skin that gets goose bumps just by the touch of it. My feet shuffle into the nearby slippers and make their way to the kitchen in search for some hot milk to warm me and get me back to sleep. I've been told too many times to drink milk when this happens. The first 3 months when he left, Communication was fine. Sadly, His schedule got more busier and I had more projects and exams coming up. We stopped talking and that was it. I'm not sure what we are anymore. No one is sure.

The warm mug is wrapped in my palms warming them within the first few seconds the cup is in reach of my hands. I head back into my room, hands still grasped around the mug. My phone goes off signaling that I recieved a text message. I place the cup down and retireve my phone. "Have you drinked some milk Sulli-aah, Don't make oppa come and check" - Channie. I giggle at his text. Over time, Chanyeol and I reconiled our friendship. Were just friends. Eventually Chanyeol came to terms that he can't force feelings on me and how much we both missed eachothers silly jokes. Just like the beginning of the year, I was back with the same silly,goofy, and sarcastic Chanyeol. I text back "I've got it covered Chanyeol. Get some rest, Good night :)." I place my phone back in the place it lay before and return to drinking the milk.

Over near the mirror on the dresser layed some of the fabric I would have for my costume for the show coming up tomorrow. On a hanger is placed a mid length white sleveless flowy dress. The show is a really big thing that the school does to show what they have teached us and to show off each of our talents. This thing is really big and is open to the most important people in Korea. Managers, Producers, Directors, everybody who is a somebody will be there. It's a nervewracking thing right now that it might be one reason as to why I haven't gotten enough sleep. My teacher suggested that I sing a ballad for that night. Me singing a ballad, now thats a change.

After drinking the milk, I wash my cup and lay back in bed under the warm covers. Change. There has been alot of change that has happened. One is my relationship with Krystal Jung. Yes, The girl who is known to want to destroy my life. Now, She's actually the girl who looks up to me. Yes, You heard that right. One day when she and I were getting into a heavy heated arguement, Krystal confessed the jelousy she had towards me. To her, I was the girl with the pretty face, handsome boyfriend, and amazing talents. It surprised me how much she thought of me. I had to admit that she too was pretty and amzingly talented. Just looking back at it now surprises me that I had finally befriended her. However, This was a good choice. For once, I got to know thw real Krystal Jung. Behind her cold imaga is an average girl who likes to sing and dance her heart out. She still has her moments when her anger gets the best of her but she's a nice person when you get to know her.

My eyes slowly drift down, eventually closing. "Sulli, Sulli wake up" I hear. My eyes drift open and I see Amber standing there with cofee in her hands. "Goodmorning" I greet. "Get ready sleepy head. The school cleared everyones schedule's today for this big event" Amber states excitedly. My eyes widen at the older girls words. "Wait,What?" I ask. "Tonight is a very specialnight and the school is giving everyone extra time to perfect their performances. Now get ready" Amberd advises placing the dress on my bed and rushing me off to the shower.

After I'm all dressed and makeup ready I head to the auditorium where some of the students are dancing on stage and singing in usion in some of the few steps. Amongst those who are dancing are Amber,Krystal, and Chanyeol. On the stage is my other friend Lay who is seated at the big piano. He promised to help me out with tonight. "You look wonderful Sulli, are you ready to practice?" He asks fixing his tie. I thank him and then nod in agreement. "What song are you performing anyways?" Krystal interrupts us. "It's a surprise" I say not daring to mention anything. She nods in understandment before going near the others who are dancing. The time passes by and the day grows darker. It'll be only in a few before the show will start.

Most girls are racing around the dressing room in search for their clothing, makeup, and just about everything else a girls need. I sit at one of the makeup stations applying some eyeshadow but epically failing. "Let me do it" Krystal states as she takes the stick from my hand and begins to do it herself. "Your gonna do awesome tonight" She whispers with a light smile. "I hope so. I bet you will too" I respond. She finishes helping and lets me get a quick glance at myself. "Fighting unnie!" She says encouragedly. I hug her and make my way near the opening for when people walk on stage. Butterflys race in my stomach and my hands get clamy. "Your gonna do amazing" Chanyeol says from behind. I'll be going on in a few seconds but quickly hug him tight.

Lay walks up on stage and bows before seating himself at the piano. I then walk up on stage and intoduce myself. The song that I will be singing is "TTS- Love Sick mixed with TTS- Goodbye, Hello" Lays fingers elegantly play the piano and my voice matches with the beat he lets off from his fingers on the keys. The song describes the feeling of having someone to love mixed with the effect of losing that person as well. It was a mixture of two songs that fit me well at the time of choosing what to sing. Once I finish singing the last note and Lay plays the last part, The crowd stands up and applauses and roars. Lay takes my hand and we bow down together before exiting the stage.

When I reach backstage Amber pulls me into a hug and can't stop squeeling over my performance. Chanyeol picks me up in a hug and Krystal pats me on the back proudly. Krystal is up next where she is performing a dance routine to F(x) - Electirc Shock. Her moves are amazing and she flows to the beat perfectly. After her performance, Amber and a few other guys dance to "Teen Top- Rocking". Chanyeol and his other friends rap to "Block B - NilliliMambo" where all the girls go crazy over their strong voices. In the end everyone gets on stage and bows together. Next, all performers have the chance to meet up with anyone who has any questioning or just chat with the other people in the room.

As Amber and I are in the midst of a funny conversation, I feel a light tap on my back and Amber's mouth drops in surprise. "Hey Sulli" He greets. I smile widely and take him into a hug immediantly. He then gives Amber a quick handshake. "Luhan, What are you doing here?" I ask surprised. "Well alot of the managers in our company were talking about this college they were attending, I had to come back here again" He responds. "You miss us Luhan-sshi and you know it!" Amber teases. "I think its the other way around" He restates. I chuckle at his sarcasm. "So you came here alone?" Amber asks looking at me really quick and then back to Luhan. "Umm Yeah, Not many of my friends are off their schedule today" He states. "Oh" I respond noticing how quiet I have been.

Luhan and I catch up on things with Amber and Chanyeol constantly making jokes and teasing eachother. I head out earlier since I'm tired from lack of sleep. But before I go to my dorm, I go to the one place that I always prayed and made my wishes and goals at. The rooftop.

I push open the door and feel the cold breeze rush past my skin. I rub my arms trying to cool it down from getting the goosebumps as I make my way to where all the lights shine above the city so beautiful. Just as I'm admiring the view infront of me something put's me in a shocked state. "You were really good out there, Sulli" He says. I slowly turn around and see the face that I haven't seen in the last six months. "K-Kai" I stutter out in shock. "It's been a long time, You look different" He states. With his now more medium brown hair,muscular arms, skinny waist and long legs, not to mention how tall he's gotten over time, Yeah he looks different. "What are you doing here?" I finally ask. He pushes his hands in his pocket feeling cold as well. "Well I finally had time to go out and this place seemed like somewhere I should pay a visit too. Plus, I knew you would be here so it's worth it."

"We haven't talked in 6 months Kai, Why are you still thinking of me?" I ask needing to know the answer. "It was just so sudden. We just stopped talking and it didn't feel right, You don't just stop talking to someone out of nowhere. I-" He starts off but stops shortly. "You what?" I ask. "I. I still love you Sulli, I never stopped" He confesses. Before I can respond to him, He crashes his lips on mines. Not fully knowing I kiss him back and pull him closer with my arms wrapped around his neck. "So what about us? What exactly is this?" I ask out of breath. "I love you Sulli and I know you love me too. Were together, This is Us." He says earning another kiss from me at his words.

The End