Chapter 14

What About Us

"How does it taste?" I ask with a wide grin. He hesitantly takes some of the Jjajangmyeon in his mouth and savor's the deliciousness of the noodles. He close's his eye's as he swallow's the food. I wait patiently for his response. He has no reaction. "Well how is it?" I ask again. I see his hands motion to take some more of the delicious food I made. My hand smack's his gently. "You can't have more unless you tell me how it taste?" I state. I wait patiently for his response. "Sulli-aah you know anything that's from you is amazing to me" He responds with his cool signature smile. "Thank You Channie!" I say as I give him a big hug. Chanyeol reache's for the bowl and decided to start eating it. "I'm going to start leaving now." I say as I pick up my jacket to leave. "You can't leave yet" Chanyeol says with some of the food still in his mouth. I chuckle at his words. "Now why exactly is that?" I say as I cross my arm's over my chest. "Well I rarely get to see you more often." He pouts. "Oppa, I see you everyday!" I say back. He smile's at my words. "Fine you can go, just promise to call me that more often and to make me some more delicious food's." "Fine Oppa, I'll see you later." I say as I leave to my dorm.

"Amber Unnie, are you ready to go." I ask as I make my way in the room. Amber had asked me to take her to the mall, she's been asking to go out for the longest yet I'm alway's busy to take her. I see her hurry to put on her shoes and get her back ready at the same time. She look's completely stressed out. "Unnie, are you okay?" I ask worriedly. "Of course" She lies as she struggles to put her shoes on while fixing her bag. I stop her hands from roaming around her bag. "You look stressed out. Have you gotten enough sleep?" I ask worriedly. "No Sulli. I haven't had any sleep in the last couple of day's. I've been working on all my schoolwork trying to keep my grade's really high which leave's me with not enough time to sleep." She releases out. "Then maybe we should just go shopping another day. You need some rest Unnie" I say. "No. I really need to go out and release some of this stress with some major shopping. Please" She says trying to use her aegyo. I laugh at some of the cute face's she's trying to make. "Alright, Let's go then." I say.

When we get to the mall, The noise of all the people's conversations filled the room along with the sound of the music being played aloud. Today the mall is a little more crowded than the ususal. The scent from the perfume that the perfume seller's sell fill's the air. Amber grabs my hand and pulls me to the upper level of the mall which brings me out of my thought. When we reach the end of the escalator's I see a variety of different type of clothing's that are new in style.We try on about what feels like a 100 different type of clothes and buy so many of the clothes. Amber buy's mostly shorts and pant's, while I buy dresse's and skirts and even some cute cardigan's. We probably bought like 10  outfit's. After that we go shoe shopping and find many cute accessories to go with some of the stuff we bought. It's already been 3 hours since we came to the mall and since Amber last ate. We decide to head to the food court where the smell of all the food welcomes us in with open arms. We grab a seat and order some Japchae. While we eat we converate over how things are and make funny joke's to eachother.

When she decide's to go to the bathroom I wait patiently on her. I finish up my meal and clean myself up a bit. My thought's go back to all the fun we had today. I haven't had this much fun in awhile, until a couple of week's ago when I was with-him. I know I shouldn't be thinking about Kai, but I just can't help it. He intrudes my thought's whenever he want's. I hear a loyd laughter noise coming from two tables to my right that intrudes my thoughts. When I look over I see Krystal and Kai sharing a smothie and laughing over something. I immedianty turn my head the other way and try hiding myself from their sight. Amber comes out from the bathroom and sit's back down at the table noticing my awkward position. "Sulli what are you doing?" she whispers. "Hide" I whisper as I narrow my eyes pointing to them and back at her. She slowly realizes what I mean and hide's away from them too. "Why are we doing this?" She whispers. "I don't know, I just don't want to be seen by them." I whisper back. "Seriously Sulli, They don't own this mall. We should be able to do what we want freely" and with that she stop's her undercover position. Amber sinks back into her regular sitting position but with more confidence. "Stop! What are you doing? Amber, please!" I plead. "Sulli stop!" She says a little too loud which attracts attention from the couple.

Krystal stop's from her talking and look's over to our direction. I use one of the shopping bags and put it up kepping my face out of sight. "Amber is that you?" Krystal say's. "Oh hey Krystal" Amber greets her and then make's her way over there and start's conversating with her. "Who is your friend over there hiding?" Krystal asks pointing to me. "Oh she's my bestfriend who is very shy, I think you may know her." Amber says. "Dammit Amber." I mumble to myself. "Sulli!" she yells for me. I take a minute to breathe before putting my bag down and heading over to her. Ever since Krystal's little scheme a couple of week's ago, I haven't talked to her in awhile. I've been avoiding her. Part of me want's to scream out what she had done, but then again a part of me say's to give this girl a chance. My concious has somewhat gone with the other part of me that is just too nice. "Hi Krystal..and Kai" I say as I see both of them. Kai get's up from his seat and offers for me to sit. Krystal give's him a glare, So I just reject his offer. "So what bring's you two guys here?" Amber asks trying to cool the air. "Oh me and my oppa are on just one of our many dates" She says as she holds his hand from across the table and give's him this loving look. "Are we intruding? I guess me and Amber should probably head out now." I say as I grab Amber's hand to take her away. "No, Stay. We could use the company." Kai insists. "What!?" Me and Krystal say in usion. We both look at eachother noticing how we said the same thing and then turn our sight back to Kai. "Well, I think I can adjust some more space for more food" Amber says as she drag two chairs and places them at the table. I forcefully sit down in the chair provided for me. Awkwardness has kicked in.

A while later the table is still with the same awkward atmosphere. Krystal is now officialy stuck in " mode" and doesn't really say much. Kai keep's trying to cheer Krystal up. Im lost in my deep thought's. And Amber is busy eating food without any disturbance. After Amber finishes her third plate she pull's Krystal up and ask's her to come with her to the bathroom. Supposedly it's very important. In reality, Amber actually did that so me and Kai could talk. Once the two girl's leave, it's just silence with me and Kai. "What's the matter Ssul?" He asks worriedly. "Nothing, just tired from all this shopping. Aren't you upset that we interrupted your date?" I ask seriously. "Not really. Me and Krystal do this stuff all the time, It's only very rare when I get to see your face outside of campus." He states with his smug smile. "I'm sorry-" "Don't be" He interrupts. I nod in understanding. "So have you heard back from the agency regarding our dance?" He asks. "Nope. Have you?" He nods no. "I think we just have to wait a little more time until they'll release who did a great job. Or maybe the teacher will tell us. Dont worry though, I know we got this!" I say eagerly. "I hope so." He says. I take a sip of my milkshake and then get back to thinking. Unknowingly Kai saw some of the milkshake stain my lip and reaches over and with his thumb wipe's it off. I can feel my heart beating soo fast. Did this really just happen? He looks away, I'm guessing becuase he must have felt something too. Before I can ask about his action, Amber come's out of the bathroom with Krystal and sit right back at the table. I only wished that I could know what's going on through his head right now.