Chapter 9

What About Us

Day after day, Me and Kai were always rehearsing our dance routine. Our bond was getting stronger everyday. Days turned into weeks, and over time our relationship was becoming better. During rehearsels we would talk about our day, play around, and bit by bit get to know each other more. We werent friends, not even good friends, but best friends. Things seemed perfect or atleast close to perfect. But how long does perfect last?

"Amber I'm leaving, I'll be back soon." I say as I'm making my way to go rehearse with Kai. "Sulli, Havent you finished the routine already?It's been weeks since you guys started hanging out together." She says "Were just making sure all of our moves are exactly perfect." I state. She sighs in defeat. Before I can open the door to leave she says "Sulli do you like him?" "Amber I'm going to tell you this for the last time, I do not like Kai. Plus he already has a girlfriend." "Stop worrying about his girlfriend. When he is with you I doubt he worries about his girlfriend." She states. "Well, I'll be back soon." I say before making my way out the dorm.

As I'm in the hallway Chanyeol calls me from afar. "Hey Sulli, Where are you off too?" He asks as he catches up to me. "Im just going to go rehearse my moves for the performance coming up." I state. "Oh cool, I think that thing is coming up pretty soon. Probably in like 2 weeks or more' He suggest. I nod in agreement. "Im nervous for this performance, I've seen some of the other student and they are really good." He says. "Im nervous too. I sometimes think to myself if i really do have a shot at doing as good as the other students, but then I think of how practice can make perfect." I say happily. He pats me on the back and says "You have nothing to worry about, Your one of the best dancers in the class. And I heard from other students that in Vocal Prep your awesome." He says with his signature smile. "Well I'm glad some people think of me like that." I say. "Well I've got to go, I'll see you around. Good night Chanyeol." "Good night Sulli" He says.

Once I reach the dance studio I see an already sweating Kai just finishing up one of the dance moves. "Hey Sulli, I was starting to get worried that you might have got caughten" He says as he rubs off the sweat from his face. "Aww your worrying about me already, I'm only a couple of minutes late." I say as I put down my water bottle and towel. "A couple of minutes late? A couple of minutes late is not 15. What took you so long anyways?" He asks confusedly. "I was talking with Chanyeol." I answer flatly. "Ohh that tall kid thats always smiling." He states with laughter. "He's not some tall kid he is your friend. Why would you act like you dont know him?" I ask as I begin my stretching. "Im just playing around." He says. "But why were you taking so long with him?" Kai asks curiously. I stop my stretching and look at him. "Kai, What type of question is that?" "Its just a question, If you guys are hooking up, Just let me know so I can warn you any bad things about him." he says trying to defend himself. "So you would rather tell me bad things about him than good?" "Sulli, Your my bestfriend. You deserve the best, And I would know if Chanyeol is the best for you." "When did you become the person to judge others?" I ask. "Im just trying to help you. Dont be so stubborn." He states. As soon as he says that, I immediantly smack him on the head.

"Hey, Its the truth though. You can be stubborn at times." he says. This gives him another smack to the head. "Im not stubborn." I state. "You can be." he says. As soon as I aim for another hit he blocks my hit with his hand. He is now holding his hand with mines. "You should really aim for a different spot." he says with a smirk. "Really? Fine then." and with that I punch him in the stomach lightly. "Why so light on your hit? You obviously dont want to hurt me as much as you look like you do" He says. I  shake off his hand from mines and push him. "Lest get straight to dancing, alright." I say. I make my way to the middle of the room about to start dancing until Kai comes up from behind me and picks me up in the air lifting me onto his right side of his shoulder. "Hey, Put me down" I demand. "Not yet. You need to lighten up a bit." He says. "And by putting me on your shoulder, how does that help?" I ask. "Well it restrains you from hurting me and avoiding my next action." He says. "What next action?" I ask. Oh boy, Did I regret those words. Kai starts tickling me from my sides. I cant help but to laugh. "Kai stop" I say through my laughter. "Not yet, just a little more time left." He states. He end up tickiling me so much my laughs are now giving me pain. I end up laughing so much that I kick him in the stomach a bit too hard which makes us fall on the floor. I end up landing on top of him, I manage to stop myself from falling on the floor completley which leads me to be just a few inches away from Kai's face. Our position is completely awkward. I want to move, but I'm frozen. Im shocked at what just happened so I freeze up. Our eyes meet eachothers. Im surprised that He hasnt pushed me away yet. He pushes a strand of hair that came out behind my ear. By his touch I regain my sense of movement and quickly get off of him. This is so awkward.

*Authors Note*

How was the update? I hope the story is doing good so far, I really do try my best. Tommorrow I wont be able to update becuase my house is being fixed and the internet connection will be out for awhile. But I promise that luckily the day after tommorrow or the day after that day I will update. Please anticipate for the next upcoming chapters. ye :)