Ch. 6: Omma, please protect her

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

           Carrying her back to the camp, Mr. Ok and Mrs. Im sees and rush Yoona and Taecyeon, who are completely soaked wet. Taecyeon put her down carefully on her two feet.

            “Are you okay?” Mrs. Im worried asked as se rush to Yoona with Mr. Ok close behind her.

            “What happen?” Mr. Ok worriedly asked.

            Yuri then comes out of the tent and shockingly sees Taecyeon also wet. Taecyeon glares at her, he moving his feet, but stop when Yoona grabbed his wrist and looks into his eyes. She shook her head, telling not to say anything. Yuri nervously gulps as she glances at Taecyeon and Yoona. She fear Yoona would tell Mrs. Im and Mr. Ok, knowing that she’s already in trouble with Taecyeon.

            “I slip.” Said Yoona, covering the truth.

            Yuri and Taecyeon shockingly looked at Yoona.

            “Slip?” Mr. Ok questioned. “How?”

            “I was playing with a bunny before it runs away, I wanted to chased after the bunny but slip on a rock and fell into the river.” Yoona lied to them.  She glance at Taecyeon before back at her parent, “Luckily, Taecyeon was there to save me.” She smiles gracefully.

            “Thank god.” Mrs. Im sighed in relief.

            “You don’t know how to swim?” Mr. Ok asked.

            “She doesn’t. She used to know how to swim but after an accident she became afraid of the water.” Mrs. Im explained to Mr. Ok.

            “What accident?” Mr. Ok asked.

            “She went fishing with her dad and somehow slip into the river and separate from the boat for hours. Luckily she had her life jacket on and my previous came back and found her unconscious floating in the river.” Mrs. Im stated everything. Yoona weakly smiles with her head lower a little. Taecyeon inhale and exhale angrily as he glare at Yuri, who nervously smiles at him.

            “Yoona, why don’t you go change?” Said Mrs. Im, holding onto her hands tightly. “You are so cold.”

            “You too Taecyeon.” Said Mr. Ok after he touch Taecyeon forehead. “Your going catch a fever soon. There’s a bathhouse just down the hill on the right. You and Yoona should go wash and change immediately.” 

            Taecyeon move his head back away from Mr. Ok hand. Without a word, he walks to his tent, Yoona worriedly watches him before Mrs. Im drag her into her tents. Both grabbed some new clothes before heading down the hill. Mrs. Im and Mr. Ok stay behind with Yuri.

            “Thank you oppa.” Said Yoona softly, looking at him from behind. “Thank you for coming when I needed you.”

            Taecyeon stop for a second—turn his head to the side, but did not look at her. Taecyeon walks into the men’s room. Yoona sighed forlornly before she entered the women’s room where many women are showing and changing.  

            An hour later, Yoona walks out of the women’s room and sees Taecyeon waiting for her under the tree. She walks up to him with smiles. They head back to the tent together. Just twenty steps before reaching the tents, they see Yuri walking down the hill. Looking at them nervously, Yuri quickly turns around and head back to the came until Taecyeon shout.

            “Stop.” He said, coldly looking at Yuri.

            Yuri turned and rubs her two hands together. “Taecyeon oppa I can explain.” Yuri pleaded for forgiveness.

            Yoona looks him, hoping to get him not to yell at Yuri. “Taecyeon oppa, just let it go. I’m fine now.” She tried to convince him.

            “Go.” Said Taecyeon to Yoona coldly. “Go back to the tent, I need to talk to Yuri.” He voice was scary to Yuri. She knew she’s going to get yell by him.

            “Taecyeon oppa…” Yoona pleaded again.

            “I said ‘Go.’” He chest rise up and down heavily.

            Yoona sighed and head back to the tent. She walks up the hill and pass Yuri, who quietly curse at her.

            Once Yoona is out of the site, Taecyeon take a few step forward.

             Rubbing her two hands together, pleading for forgiveness as she gulp nervously. “I can explain. I thought she…I thought Yoona was faking everything.”

            “You nearly killed her.” He stonily said. “ She almost lost her life.”

            “I know it’s my fault. I thought she was faking everything. I thought she lying to you—to everybody. I’m sorry. I—I didn’t mean too. I promise I won’t do it again.” Yuri frightenly stuttered.

            “This time I’ll let it go, but next time I see you hurting her again… mark my words, if you ever hurt her again, you won’t get away with it.“ Said Taecyeon daringly.

            Threaten by him; Yuri quickly nodded, agreeing with him. Taecyeon then walks back to the tent, passing her coldly. Yuri sighed in relief. She turns to watch him. “Yoona, I won’t let you get away with this. You make me look bad in front of Taecyeon oppa. I’ll make you pay for it. I’ll make you pay for stealing my oppa.” Yuri murmured.

* * *

            The sky is dark, the sound of wood cracking in the fireplace echoes in the air. Everybody sat around the fireplace with a cup of hot drinks in their hands. They shares stories, jokes around, and tell scary stories. Taecyeon remain silent, looking at the fire. Yoona glances at him. Yuri held tightly onto her cup as her body shivered in fear. Mr. Ok scary story works on her, but not other. Taecyeon put down his cup and leave the group. Yoona watch him walk into the forest. Mr. Ok did not sop talking as if he knew Taecyeon would leave sooner or later. Mrs. Im grabbed Mr. Ok grabbed—lightly shaking it—signaling him Taecyeon absent. Mr. Ok gives her smiles, shaking his head lightly; replacing the words he wanted to say to her, “It’s alright”.

            “I’m going to go keep Taecyeon oppa company.” Yoona suggested.

            Mrs. Im immediately nodded her head. Yoona looked at the scare Yuri holding onto her cup tightly. “Do you want to come with me?”

            “I think—I think I’m good.” Yuri stuttered. “The forest is dark, I rather be here where the fire is.”

            Yoona smiles seeing how scare Yuri is, but still insists listening to Mr. Ok scary story. She leaves the group and went into to the forest. Following Taecyeon traits, she keep walking and walking till she finally come to a stop. Seeing him sitting under the tree and looking up at the starry sky, she walks over to him and takes a seat beside him. Taecyeon was a little shock seeing Yoona next to him. She warmly smiles at him then at the sky.

            “It’s a beautiful night tonight. Lots of stars.” Said Yoona. Taecyeon glance at the ground before up at the scare. “Why do you like to be alone?” She asked.

            Taecyeon stay silent as he watches the star with her. Sharing his feeling and thought to others are not really his things, but somehow, there’s this feeling that urge to burst out.

            “If you don’t want to answer, that’s fine.” Said Yoona. “I don’t expect you to answer me much.”

            “You should go back. It’s warmer there.” Taecyeon dully said.

            “I like it here. I like staying with you.” Yoona delightedly said as she looks at him. “You make me feel warm and safe.” Remembering how he safe her earlier at the river. She does feel safe with him.

            Her words warm his heart, making him shyly looks at the ground. His heart flustered. Yoona happily smiles as she poked his cheek. “Is Taecyeon oppa being shy right now?” She .

            Taecyeon immediately change his face expression to dull and cold. He takes her hand and moves it away from his face. Yoona awkward withdraw her hand and take a deep breath.

            “How about I sing you a song?” Said Yoona.

            Taecyeon just stay silent and looks at the ground. Yoona smiles, she reaches over for his hand again, pulling it towards her side a little. Taecyeon looks at her surprisingly. Looking at the sky, Yoona starts singing softly.

             Oneureun waenji himdeulgo jichyeon

            For some reason, today I feel so difficult and exhausting

            Begaereul kkeureo aneun chae honja bangane nama

            I hold my pillow closer as I sit alone in my room

            Jeonhwagil manjijakkeorineun naye maeumi

            I fidget with my phone to distract my heart

            Waenji oneulttara weroun geojyo     

            For some reason, it feels empty today

            Yoona continues to sing softly without letting his hand go. Sitting under the tree—under the starry sky, Taecyeon finds his heart at peace as he listens to her soft voice and looks at her beautiful face. There’s no light, but only light of stars and the moon shines at them. The image was beautiful yet passive. The burden and heavy rock on his heart was lift off, giving his heart a break. For the first time, his was able to breath freely—no more suffocating. Though it was not longer nor to short, Yoona soft voices come to an end. Looking up the sky, suddenly, a shooting star shot across them.

            “Taecyeon oppa, quick, make a wish. Hurry.” Yoona excitedly said. She held her two hands together and close her eyes. “I wish Taecyeon oppa can open himself up to me. I want him to see the beauty of the world. I really want to understand him. I don’t want him to lock himself. I want him to know that there is always somebody waiting for him— somebody that never gives up hope him… like me. I love him. I care about him.” She silently makes a wish to herself.

            Taecyeon stare at her cluelessly then up at the sky, he sees another shooting star. Collapse his two hands together and looks at her. “Omma… if you can hear me, please protect her. Please watch over her. You ask me, if I were to listen to my heart, I must do what my heart say… This is what it says—to protect her, to make her happy. This is my wish, my heart to you, omma. Please protect her.

            After she finished making her wish, she looks at him. Taecyeon quickly yet nervously looks back at the sky before she can catch him secretly staring at her.

            “Did you make a wish oppa?” Yoona asked.

            Taecyeon stay silent. Yoona hopelessly looks at the sky. He secret glance at her, before he slide his hand into his left pocket and take something out.

            “Give me your hand.” Said Taecyeon.

            Yoona looks at him confusedly. “Huh?”

            “Just give him your right hand.” He repeated. Yoona hold her hand out in front of him. He put his mom bracelet around her. “You asked what’s my wish is…” He attached the clip together. “This is your answer.” He moves his hands back as he looked at her with tender eyes.

            Yoona didn’t understand what he meant, but she knows that there’s a deep meaning to why he gave his mom bracelet to her. She couldn’t help herself but shed a couple tears. He have finally “at least” answered one of her question. She get her wish—to see him finally, yet slowly, opens himself to her. Puzzles by her tears, he reach his right hand out and gently wipe her tears away.  

            “Why are you crying?” Taecyeon confusedly asked her.

            “Because I’m happy.” Yoona honestly answered her. She is truly happy to see him finally no longer lock himself from others.

            “Happy?.....” He repeated.  Yoona nodded her head lightly. He does not understand what he have done to make her happy, but it didn’t bother him as long as she is happy. Suddenly, his hand moves from her upper cheek, where her tears continue to slides softly down her cheek; his hand move to her tears. Motionlessly, her eyes are lock on his as she felt her heart nervously beating fast. He moves his head closer to her—slowly closing the gaps between them. Taecyeon stop an inch away from her lips, looking deeper into her eyes, he sees no objection, no rejection. She closed her eyes, waiting for him to kiss her. He moves in and captures her lips—sealing it with soft and tender kiss. Yoona taken back in shock by the kiss, she quickly returns his kiss with the same passion—giving him her first kiss. Moving his body closer to her, he deepen the kisses, taking her breath away. Yoona’s hands slowly move up to his shoulder and slide them around his neck; she locks them there. Taecyeon push her down with him to the grass without breaking the kiss. Her head rest on his right arm. He shifts his body over her, pressing his bottom against hers. He inserts his tongue into , exploring her sweet taste as his left hand slide down her body. Yoona gasps breathlessly as she fingers through his hair, trying to keep up with him.

            “Taecyeon oppa!” Yuri called from afar.

            Yuri shout stop them from taking another next step further. Yoona place her two little hands at his chest and push him back. Taecyeon lift his heavy body up and back his lips away from hers. They confusedly looks into each other eye, trying to define what happen just a second ago.

            “Yoona-sshi! Taecyeon oppa!” Yuri continues to shout for them as she search for them.

            Taecyeon lift his body off her and sat. Yoona still dazzles confusedly in her mind as she looks at the starry sky.

            “We kiss….” Yoona whispered softly in her head. “I didn’t stop him. I let him kiss. I let a guy kiss me for the first time in my life. How could this happen?”

            Taken a moment to recall herself, Yoona lift her body up and sat on her . Shyly yet confused she looks at the ground.

            “Oppa...” Yoona called him, hoping to get an answered from him.

            Taecyeon silently stare at the ground, unsure about what happen earlier and unable to give her the answer she’s looking for.

            Seeing two shadows under the tree, Yuri point her flashlight them and finally found them sitting under the tree

            “Yah, could you two at least respond?” Said Yuri loudly as she walks over to them with a flashlight in her hand.

            Yoona stand—dust her bottom before she face Yuri, “Sorry, the sky was so beautiful.” She lied.

            Yuri looked at her weirdly then up the sky, “Wow, so many star tonight.” She said.

            Taecyeon stand and coldly walks back to the camp without a word, pretending as if nothing have happen between him and her. Yoona stares at him confoundedly, her emotion was diverse—it was unexplainable. 

            “Oppa, wait for me!” Yuri shouted as she tried to catch up with him.

            “How could he lock himself within just second? How could he pretend like nothing happen?” Yoona hurtfully looks away for a second before she followed them back to the camp. Not one glances from him as they make their way back to the camp. Taecyeon keep a cold, but in his mind, he was thinking—remembering their kiss.

            “Is this right?” Taecyeon whispered in his head. “Is god playing us?

 

To be continue………………

Song is: Dear Mom by SNSD

 

Hi, 

I want to thank those who left comments after reading the story. It's really helpful and great to know that you all like my story. Once again, Thank you. 

Author Lindatr2011