Ch. 26: Official Date

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

            Arrived at COEX Mall, Taecyeon parked in the mall parking lots. The engine of the car come to a rest, Taecyeon cellphone rings a couple times. Sliding his right hand into his jean pocket, he pulled his phone out but at the same time the card Beak Ji Young gave to him falls out. He takes a quick look at the screen before ending the call. Looking down at the car carpet, Yoona get a clear vision of the card. “Grand Hyatt Hotel.” Seeing it, she remembered Baek Ji Young giving it to him a couple days ago. 

            Sliding his phone back into his pocket, he caught the card lying openly on the car carpet. He quickly picks up the card and glides it in his pocket, pretending it didn’t fall out. Most of all, hoping Yoona did not see it. Taecyeon and Yoona exit the car, he walks over to her—hold one of her hand—and head to the entrance. 

            Yoona stopped, pulling him to a stop also. “Oppa.” She quietly called him. Taecyeon turned around and looked at her. She softly exhales as she looks at him. “Are you gonna go?” She asked.

            “Where?” Taecyeon asked.

            “The card Ji Young gave to you.”

            Taecyeon takes a short paused. “Yes.” He answered her. Yoona unhappily withdraw her hand back, but Taecyeon tighten her grip, not letting her go. “To return the card and give her my answer.”

            “What answer?” Yoona curiously asked.

            “That I can’t go with her.” He said. “She asked me to come with her to a new life, but I can’t. I have someone here I want to be with, so I can’t go with her. Unless the someone wants me to go.”

            Yoona flustered as her eyes falls down to his chest. “Why did you tell me no when I asked if you have a crush or a girlfriend when we first met?”

            “Because I don’t. It’s true she was my first crush, but I was young and knew nothing about love. So when I see her, I felt love, because she’s the second woman that care about me just like my omma.”

            “So I’m the third person that remind you of your omma?” Yoona . “So, if every women that cares about you just like your omma, you will love them?”

            Taecyeon nervously gulped, “Umm… I… no.” He stuttered. “With you there is a different.”

            “How different? I care about you just the way your mother cares about you just like Ji Young-sshi.” Said Yoona.

            “There’s a different. You’re the first woman to make me go crazies, trembles, and breathless. I never felt this scare of losing someone before, never in my life.”

Yoona shyly smiles as she looks into his sincere eyes. She takes a step closer, wrapped her hand around his arm, She tiptoe and pecked his cheek.

            “And I feel the same way too.” She whispered. A small smile flashed across his face.

            They continue their walk into the mall. Starting from the lower level, they cruise from shop to shop before stopping at a phone store.

            “Annyounghaeseyo.” A Saleslady greeted them with a bow.

            Taecyeon lightly bowed to her. “Annyoung.” Yoona greeted her with a bow.

            “Is there anything I can help you with? Like any specific phone?” The saleslady asked.

            Yoona flashed a glare at Taecyeon before smiling at the saleslady. “Well, he broke my phone, so now I need a new one.” Said Yoona.

            “Are you looking for one or two?” The saleslady asked.

            Yoona holds two fingers up, “Two.”

            “Two?” Taecyeon puzzlingly looked at her. “It was an accident.”

            Yoona ignored him, “Yes, two phone.” She said.

            The saleslady directs them over to the first desk in the right. “These are the new Sony phones. Xperia ZR, Z, Z Ultra, and Z1.” She takes them to the next desk. “These are the new Nokia phones. Lumia 2520, Lumia 1320, Lumia 1520.” She showed them one by one phone before escorting to the next desk. “And these are the most popular and latest Samsung phones. Samsung Galaxy S4, Express 2, Grand 2, and most popular Galaxy Note 3.”

Found a phone that catches her eyes, Yoona holds the Galaxy Note 3 in front of her and him. “Oppa, I like this phone.” She happily said. “Lets get this phone.”

            Taecyeon looked at the saleslady, “We’ll take this phone.”

            The saleslady nodded, “Do you want two black? Two white? Or a black and a white?” The lady asked.

            “A black and a white.” Yoona immediately answered.

            “Great, I’ll grab them for you.” Said the saleslady before she walks back into the back room.

            Yoona turn and looked at him, “Why two?” He asked.    

            “You need a new phone.” She said. “Plus that is what couple do, they get couple things. I get the white, you get the black.” She smiles happily.

            The saleslady walks out from the back room and up to them, “Please follow me to the check-out desk.” She asked. Taecyeon and Yoona followed her. The lady scans the phones. Taecyeon takes out his card and handed to her.

            “Oh I’m going to need a new Sim Card.” Said Taecyeon.

            “Sure, can you tell me the phone numbers for the new Sim Card?” The saleslady asked.

            “010-0-882-5200.” Yoona give her number to the saleslady.   

            After punching in the numbers on the keyboard, the lady set the numbers into the new sim card and handed it to her. The saleslady gave Taecyeon his card back. He sign the receipt and take his copy. The sales lady help set Yoona’s phone up—putting the sim card into the phone and update everything for her. Taecyeon set up on his own new phone. 

            “There is a year warranty, so if anything happen, just bring it back here and we’ll exchange a new one for you.” Said the saleslady. “Please keep the receipt.” She handed Yoona her new phone.

            “Thank you.” Said Yoona.

            “Your welcome.” The saleslady looked over at Taecyeon, “Do you need any help?” She asked.

            “No, I’m done.” Said Taecyeon. The screen starts. “Got it.”

            The saleslady smiles, “Okay, I hope you both have a good day.” Said the saleslady.

            Taecyeon and Yoona walk out of the store hand in hand.

            “What do you want to do next?” He asked.

            “Umm, let’s go to a movie?” Yoona cutely asked.

            “Okay, what movie to you wants to watch?”

            “I heard the Catching Fire is pretty good. I want to go see it.” She said.

            Taecyeon agreeably nodded his head. The two of them head to the cinema down on the first level.

            “Yoona!” A similar voiced coming from the back.

Recognized the voice, Yoona immediately pulled her hand back. Taecyeon facial expression change cold immediately. Yoona turned around and sees Siwon walking up to her and Taecyeon.

            “Hi.” Siwon waved happily at her.

            “Hi Siwon oppa.” Yoona nervously said. “What—what are you doing here?” She gulped.

            “To buy a gift for my parent anniversary.” Said Siwon with smiles. He take a quick glance at Taecyeon, caught his unpleasant and cold face, and the smiles on Siwon face disappeared. He looks back at Yoona, “You called me last night, but did not answered. I tried calling you back a couple times, but you didn’t answered. I tried your house phone and you didn’t pick up either. Is everything okay?” He worriedly asked.

            “She was busy.” Taecyeon in.

Yoona slightly elbow him in the arm, signaling him to be quiet. “My phone broke, so I could received any calls, not even Sooyoung.” Yoona stuttered nervously hoping her excuse worked.

“Well, I hope everything is alright.” Said Siwon. “But why were you looking for me?” He asked.

            “The electricity of the house had a slight problem and I was going to asked for a ride to Sooyoung house but everything is fine now.” Yoona making up lies.

            “She doesn’t need you anymore.” Taecyeon ignorantly cut in again.

            Yoona bite her bottom lip, “Babo Ok Taecyeon. Can you be quiet and let me handle this myself. You’re going to get us busted.” Yoona whispered inside her head.

            “Oh okay.” Said Siwon cluelessly. “Are you free later on? We can go watch a movie together.” He asked.

            “I can’t—…”

            “She’s not.” Once again, he cut in again. “She has an appointment with me.”  He grabbed her hand, “Mianhe.” Said Taecyeon before he pulled her with him.

            “Op—oppa.” Yoona shockingly looked at him.

            Leaving Siwon behind to watched them; Taecyeon continues to drag her with him as fast and far away as he can from Siwon. Siwon feels majorly threaten by Taecyeon action as he continues to watch him holding her hand tightly. Yoona knew Taecyeon was jealous. Far enough, Yoona stopped, making him stop unexpectedly also. He turned around and looked at her, expecting her to yell at him again for being “rude” in front of her friend.

            “Oppa, are you jealous?” Yoona asked with smiles.

            “No.” He immediately denied without looking at her. “Why should I?”

            “Jjinja?” Yoona gave him the ‘sure, yeah right,’ “Should I give him a call and tell him ‘yes’?” She .

            Taecyeon nervously gulped and stubbornly kept his mouth shut.

            “Fine, I’ll go find him.” Yoona fake a turn and pretend to walk back. Taecyeon immediately grabbed her right hand and pull her back to him.

            “Yah.” He raised his voice at her, “Who say you can go back to him?” Jealousy written all over his face, “You’re going with me, not him.”

            “So are you jealous?” Yoona re-asked the questioned again eventhough she knew the answered.

            “Yes.” He admitted.

            Yoona warmly smiles as she held his other hand and tiptoe nearly up to his height; she peck his lips then quickly back away a little. “I love seeing you jealous.” She said.         

            Taecyeon exhale softly. “Today, I have a date with my boyfriend, of course, I’m not going with anymore else but him.” Her smiles make him looked like a fool.

            Looking into her eyes, he realized he have played by her. Quickly, he steal a quick kiss from her. “So is my appointment with Mr. Ok Taecyeon still active?” She jokingly said.

            Taecyeon lightly smiles as he pulls her along. Spending a little time cruising around the mall, they finally headed to the movie MegaBox theatre. Standing in line for the tickets then to the foods line, Taecyeon wraps his arms around her to holding one of her hand. Yoona turn her head and looked up at him, she placed two index fingers at each corner of his lip and make a smile.

“You need to smile more. You looked very dull with the serious face.” Said Yoona lightly. “I would like to see my boyfriend smile more.”

            “I’m dull?”

            Yoona daringly nod. “Very dull. I don’t know why I fall in love with you.”

            Taecyeon snake his right arm across her back and pulled her closer. Yoona surprisingly gasp as her hands rest at his chest.

            “Because you love me.” Taecyeon confidently said. Yoona parted her lips and ready to speak but shut by his lips. Yoona shoves her hands against his chest, trying to push him back. Taecyeon stubborn hold her close to him, he deepen the kiss. Siwon, who is near by, caught them kissing. It shocks him, angers him. He grips his hands into fist ball, gritted his teeth, and walk away.  

            “What can I get you?” The concessionaire asked.

            Yoona push Taecyeon slightly back and purse her lip as she shyly blushed.

            “A medium popcorn.” Taecyeon ordered.

            The concessionaire nodded her head and went to get them popcorn. Yoona turn and looked at him. She gave him a glared and playfully hit his chest.

            “We’re in public.” Said Yoona shyly. Taecyeon gives a calmly looks with warm smiles.   

            “Here you go.” Said the concessionaire holding the popcorn to them.

            Taecyeon take the popcorn and walk to the drink stand. Yoona grabbed a big cup and places it under a new soda machine. She presses a label and the liquid comes running down into the cup. They walk to the cashier after placing the lid over the cup. Taecyeon pay. They walk into the theater room and up to their seats. Taecyeon handed Yoona popcorn. She gladly took the whole bucket and put it on her laps, enjoying it by herself. Taeyeon stares at her as he waited for her to share the popcorn. Secretly smiling, Yoona pushed enough popcorn against her lips into . She take another popcorn and hold it 2 inches away from . From the corner of her eyes, she sees him upsetly looking down at his own hands.  

            Turning her upper body, she holds the popcorn in front of his mouth. “Open your mouth.” She said

            He looked at her suspicious and slightly open his mouth. Yoona tries to hold her smiles as she moves the popcorn closer to his mouth, but quickly fed herself. Taecyeon, take her by surprise, lock his lips on her; he take the popcorn into his mouth. Yoona quickly gave a hard push at his chest after hearing voices coming into the theater room. She covered her lips and shyly looked away.  A couple a people pass their seat to the very back. Yoona gulp nervously as her eyes drown in the floor while Taecyeon normally take a coupe sips from the cup of soda. More and more people walking into the theater, this time are all in pairs seating at the middle rows down. Yoona glance at Taecyeon, who is very relax at the moment. Taecyeon held the cup in from of her with the tip of the straw at her lips.

            “Are you going to play the same trick on me?” She asked in doubt. He shook his head. She took a sip then continues eating her popcorn.

            Watching her shyly smiling, he wraps him right arm around her and pull her to him. She rests her head on his shoulder as they watch the movie.

            A couple hours later, the movie end. People walk out of the room. Taecyeon and Yoona are hand-in-hand as they approach toward the exit. Yoona stop by the female’s room and walks into the restroom. Waiting outside for her, he looks around the place. His phone vibrates a couple times. Taking it out of his pocket and sees an envelope icon flashing on the home screen. Opening the message, he read what Seulong sent to him. “Hey, wanna watch movie at my house? I don’t want to watch it alone.—Seulong.” Taecyeon shook his head lightly. He sudden retreats back a couple steps. A pair of hands grabs his arms.

            “Mianhe I didn’t mean too.” Said the female in a flirty tone.

            Taecyeon look up and sees two young females standing in front of him with smiles. The female purposely fall onto him again.

            “Mianhe, it seem like my leg does not want to stand.” The second female said in a flirty tone. “Can you help me to the nearest chair?” She asked.

            Taecyeon want to back away from her, but she clutch tightly onto his arms, leaving Taecyeon no choice but to help her to the nearest bench.

            “Are you waiting for someone? Or are you alone?” The 2nd female asked.

            Finally able to move away from the lady, “Um… I’m with…” He uncomfortably stuttered.

            “You’re really good looking. Really Handsome.” The 2nd female praised.

            “Do you want to go with us to a bar?” The 1st female cut him off.

            “Yeah, it will be fun.” The 2nd female added.

            “Mianhe. I can’t.” Said Taecyeon.

            “Come on, come with us.” The 2n female insist.

            Taecyeon lightly shook his head. “Um…..”

            “Oh that’s sad.” The 1st female pouted. “How about we exchange numbers?” She holds her phone in front of him.

            “I have to go.” Said Taecyeon, wanting to leave but the female grab his arm, stopping him from leaving.

            Yoona walks out of the restroom and sees two female surrounding Taecyeon. Both had sweet and flirty smiles on their faces. Looking down, she sees one of the females holding onto Taecyeon arms—linking their arms around him with their phone in front of him.

            “Oppa.” Yoona loudly called him. Taecyeon immediately look up at her from a distant. Jealously, Yoona walks up to him and wraps her arms around his right. The two female shocking looked at Yoona.

            “Oppa, who are these girls?” Yoona asked.

            Taecyeon nervously gulp as he looks at her. “I don’t know them.”

            “It’s okay. People start out as stranger then to friend.” The 2nd explained.

            “And maybe beyond that.” The 1st female added with smiles.

            Yoona unhappily nodded lightly her head as she glares at him. “I can see that.”

            “Anyway, is this your little sister?” The 1st female asked. She looks at Taecyeon, “Your sister is really pretty.”

            Yoona unhappily look at him, waiting for him to speak up.

            “Your sister can join us at the bar if it gets you to join us.” Said the 2nd female pleasantly.

            Through the conversation, Yoona clearly knew they wanted Taecyeon to go with them. “Actually no, we can’t join you ladies.” Yoona immediately answered. “I’m actually his girlfriend.” She said in an unpleasant tone. “Excuse us, we have somewhere to go.” She pulled Taecyeon with her away from them. Taecyeon obediently follow as he happily observes her facial expression from behind.

            “Will you come back here tomorrow?” The 1st female shouted. “Can we meet again?”

            “Wait, you still haven’t given me your number yet.” The 2nd female shouted.

            Yoona irritably bit her bottom lip as she continues to drag Taecyeon with her. Once they are out of the theater, heading to the parking lot, she releases her grip and upsetly walks ahead. Taecyeon reach his right hand out and grab a firm hold of her left hand.

            “Yoona.”

 

To be continue……………………….