Ch. 23: A Chase

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

            A day when Taecyeon is finally home, however, locks himself inside his room. Yoona have been waiting… waiting for a moment to talk to him. Waiting for him to come out of his room and talks to her. But he chose to lock himself in his room, avoiding her at all cost. It hurts her, makes her guilty, and saddens her seeing him isolating himself again. A couple hours before Mr. Ok and Mrs. Im flight depart. Yoona helps her mom pack the remaining items into her bag. Mr. Ok begins stacking the suitcases into the SUV. He walks into the house again and up to the living where all luggages are.

            “Taecyeon, can you come down and help me?” Mr. Ok loudly asked. Standing and looking up the second level, he waited.

            Mr. Ok manages to finally get Taecyeon to leave his room. Coincidently, Yoona walks out of her mom room with a bag in her hand, she bump into Taecyeon and falls back. He quickly react—reaching his hands out and around her waist, he pulls her back up to him. Their eyes meet for a short moment till Taecyeon withdraws his hands from her—with his head facing the floor—he precede to Mr. Ok whom carrying the suitcase to the SUV. Yoona hurtfully rolls her eyes to the side before heading into the garage with him in front of her. Mrs. Im walks out of the room with her purse and passport of hers and Mr. Ok in her hands. She head to the SUV with a bag in her arms. Stacking the last bag in the trunk, Mr. Ok close the door and smiles at Taecyeon.

            “Okay, time to go.” Said Mr. Ok happily.

            Father and son walks to the front seat. “By the way, a girl called earlier. She said her name is Suzy and she want to ask when will you be at her birthday party.” Said Mr. Ok as he entered the car.

            Taecyeon dully put on his seatbelt and start the engine, pretending he didn’t hear anything.

            “So, who is this Suzy girl?” Mr. Ok happily asked.

            “A friend.” Taecyeon answered in a dull tone.

            “A friend or a girlfriend?” Mr. Ok jokingly said. “When will you bring her home and introduce her to the family?” He asked.

            Yoona glances at him through the rear mirror and sees his unchanged face expression.

            “I don’t know.” Taecyeon simply answered.

            Mr. Ok happily smiles, “My son finally have a girlfriend. I thought you would never end up with a girl because of your cold attitude. But now, I’m relief that you finally found someone special.” He said.

            Taecyeon tighten his grips on the wheel as he constantly pays attention to the road. Yoona uncomfortable and sadly looks out the window. Shortly, they arrive at the airport. Taecyeon park in front of the entrance and help his father unpack the back car. Mrs. Im went to get a cart, push it to them. Mr. Ok and Taecyeon takes turn carrying luggages onto the cart. Yoona stand on the side with her mom and watch him. Taecyeon close the door after carrying the last luggage out of the trunk and stack it above other luggage.

            “You and Yoona can go. You two don’t have to us inside.” Said Mr. Ok. “All right.” Said Taecyeon stonily.

Yoona turn to her mom and give her a hug. “Take care omma.” She warmly said.

“I will. You and Taecyeon take care of each other okay?” Said Mrs. Im.

Yoona smiles turns into a frown and she forcefully nod. They break apart, Mrs. Im slide Yoona bang aside a little to see her pure white beautiful face.

            “Okay, time to go honey.” Said Mr. Ok.

            Mrs. Im gave Yoona one last smile before walking with Mr. Ok into the airport and up to the Check-in station. Taecyeon and Yoona stand watching for a bit before Taecyeon walks around the back to the driver side and into the car. Yoona sit on the passenger side. Taecyeon shift the stick to the letter “D” and press on the gas petal. He drives away from the airport, hitting the main road again.  It was a silent ride between the two of them. Yoona secretly glancing at Taecyeon from time to time, hoping he would notice her, but no reaction from him.

            Yoona decided to break the silent, getting him to talk to her again. “Oppa.” Yoona said nearly in a whispered. “Can you not ignore me anymore?”

            Acting death, he tries to ignore her by keeping himself occupied with the roads.

            “Oppa, please say something.” Yoona plead as she looks at him.

            “I have nothing to say. It’s better if I stay quiet.” Taecyeon finally spoke, but not in a warm and soft tone.

            Yoona feels her heart drop hearing his cold tones. She open and was about to speak again, but stop by his ringtone. Pulling his cellphone out of his pocket, he answers the call.  

            “Annyoung Ji young noona.” Taecyeon greeted her over the phone.

            Yoona face expression change negatively when hearing Ji Young name being said from him.

            “So have you thought about my offer?” Ji Young asked.

            “Not yet noona.” Taecyeon answered.

            “Taecyeon-ah, working with me will bring you great fortune. Just one song, you will have a bright future as a celebrity.” Ji Young tries to convince him.

            Taecyeon didn’t know what else to say to her except being quiet.

            “Think about it okay?” Said Ji Young. “You still have the card-key I give to you right?” She asked.

            “I still do.” Said Taecyeon.

            “Okay, I’ll let you go. Hope to hear your answer soon.” Said Ji Young with hopes.

            “Okay, bye noona.”

            “Bye.”

            He ended the call—slightly looks down—and slide his phone back into his pocket. When he looks up, a dog cross the street, and quickly pressed on the brake. He holds his right arm in front of Yoona, holding her against the seat before her body moves forward by an unexpected stop. He turns his upper body to her, worriedly looks at her.

            “Are you okay?” Taecyeon concernly asked. Seeing her cheek red with her head looking down, he looks at his right arm and sees it at an inappropriate place. Immediately withdraw his arm. “Mianhe, I—I didn’t… I didn’t mean too…I was just..” He stuttered nervously, trying to explain himself to her.

            “It’s okay.” Yoona said a soft tone. She lifts her head up and looks at him again. “Is this the only way I can get you to worry about me again?”

            Taecyeon looks back at the road; drive into the side of the street and park. Her eyes haven’t left him yet. She’s still waiting for him to answer her.

            “Are you really going to be like this to me from now on?” Yoona asked as her eyes feels with sadness. “Are you really not going to talk to me anymore?”

            Taecyeon did not answer and looks away instead. He really wants to tell her, “No, I don’t want to be like this to you. I want to be with you. I want us together.” But he’s really scare…really scare that she will reject him again. So he reframe himself from opening up to her, reframing himself to weaken in front of her. He grabs onto the stick and shift to drive, resuming on the road again.

* * *

            Two hours after they arrived home, Seulong went to Taecyeon house, knocking on the door. Yoona walks up to the door and answer instead of Taecyeon, who have lock himself in the room again.

            “Hi Yoona, is Taecyeon home?” Seulong asked.

            “Yes he is. He’s in his room.” Yoona steps aside.

            “Thanks Yoona.” Seulong happily enter the house, “Ok Taecyeon!” He shouted.

            Upon hearing Seulong voice, Taecyeon annoying walks out of his room and halfway down the stair.

            “What?” Taecyeon annoying said.

            “Come on, we’re going to the party.” Said Seulong excitedly. “I want to see what kind of special surprise she have for you.” Taecyeon exhale deeply. “Yah! I’m not taking no for an answer. We’re going, so get your jacket or coat.”

            Taecyeon annoyingly walk back to his room and grab his jacket, putting it on before walking down the stairs. Seulong turn and looks down at Yoona, “Are you going to Suzy’s party?” He asked. Yoona jealously glances at Taecyeon. “If you are, we can go together.”

            “She’s not going.” Taecyeon stonily answered for her.

            Yoona upsetly looks at her before answering Seulong for herself, “Maybe, I’m going to wait for Sooyoung, she’s almost off work.”

            Seulong nodded his head, “Okay, see you there later.” He said.

            Yoona flashes smiles at him. Taecyeon coldly walks pass her, Seulong wave at her before head to Taecyeon’s car parked in the driveway. Yoona stand at the front door, sadly watching Taecyeon drive away before she close the door. She sighed then let go of doorknob walks back to the living room, sitting on the couch alone worriedly and frightenly thinks about Taecyeon at Suzy’s party. She grabs her cellphone from the coffee table and dial Sooyoung number. Waiting for her to answer, Yoona looks at the clock. It’s 7:00PM already.

            “Yeoboseyo?” Sooyoung answered.

            “Sooyoung, come with me to the party.” Yoona went straight to the topic.

            “What!” Sooyoung was shock by what Yoona said.

            “We’re going to the party.” Yoona repeated.

* * *

            Nearly two hours passed, Yoona and Sooyoung arrive at Suzy’s party. Sooyoung parks her car on the side of the street, above Taecyeon’s car after Yoona spotted it parking in the parkway. Turning off the engine, Yoona and Sooyoung exit the car dressing in black, looking very chic and stylist. Yoona wears a heather gray oval top with black leather jacket, black slim skinny jean, black heels with gold dangling jewelry, and hair simply curls at the end. Sooyoung is in light brown leather jacket, black skinny jean, black heel, and creamy top. Men were checking them out and blowing whistle at them while women stares at them with envy.  Entering the house, grabbing attention from nearly everyone, Yoona and Sooyoung walk through the crowds. Yoona looks for Taecyeon from left to right, but he was nowhere seen in the living room. The two decided to go into the kitchen for airs and drinks. A step into the kitchen, there by the kitchen counter near the fridge, Yoona sees Taecyeon standing with Suzy beside him, Seulong, Yuri, and Gyuri around him. Boringly taking a sip of his beer, Taecyeon coincidently looks to his right and sees Yoona in the kitchen with Sooyoung beside her. But what shocks him the most is her fashion sense; how pretty and y she looks at the same time while standing in the kitchen by the hallway. However, Yoona reaction was different from him. Her eyes directs to how close Suzy is to Taecyeon and her arms linking around Taecyeon’s left arm. She was jealous seeing how close Suzy is standing next to him.

            Seulong turn around after noticing Taecyeon strange face, “Oh hey Yoona! Hi Sooyoung!” He happily waves his hands in the air at them.

            Yoona gives Seulong a weak smile then back to a frown at Taecyeon. Hearing Seulong shout, Suzy turn her head to the entrance of the kitchen and sees Yoona standing and gazing at Taecyeon. Suzy glides her right hand up from his abdomen to his tone muscular chest then tiptoeing her fingers up to his chin; cutting off the gazes, she successfully grab Taecyeon attention back to her again. Yoona unhappily grabs Sooyoung and drag her out to the back of the house. Taecyeon caught her leaving and was about to give a chase, but Suzy holds him back.

The two of them walks to the drink table and Yoona grab a cup of mix drink off the table and chug down the alcohol.

            “Why are we out here?” Sooyoung asked.

            Yoona put the empty cup down and, inhales and exhales deeply to release her anger. “I don’t know. I don’t want to be in there.” Just thinking about how Suzy seductively touches Taecyeon angers her. But what angers her more is how he let her do it, and not chase after her. Yoona grab another drink and gulp it down in one shot.

            “Yah Yoona, stop it.” Sooyoung took the third drink away from her. “What’s wrong with you? You’ve never drink before, well, not chugging down all of this in one shot.” She worriedly said.

            “I just need refreshment. I want to empty my mind.” Said Yoona unhappily as she take another drink from the table.

            “Okay that’s enough.” Sooyoung drags her away from the drinking table.      

            Taecyeon worriedly watch Yoona from inside through the windows. He really wanted to go out and check on her, but with Suzy, Yuri, and Gyuri blocking—stopping him, he can’t do so. Seulong was no help to him. He ‘s busy enjoying the drink and listening the beat of the music. Suzy notice how concern Taecyeon looks at Yoona, she move her right hand down to his and holds it tightly.

            “Taecyeon oppa, I want to show you something.” Suzy said. Taecyeon hesitate. Suzy forcefully drags him with her away from the group to the stairs and up to the second level of the house.

            Yoona was about to get another drink, but Sooyoung stop her. “I said enough Yoona.” Sooyoung took the drink away from her.

            Yoona freezes as she looks hurtfully at the ground. “Sooyoung… is liking someone painful?”

            Sooyoung was puzzles by her question. “What?”

            “Is it painful to be with someone you know you can’t be with. Is it painful?” Yoona restated the questioned as she looks at her. “I’m really scare, Sooyoung. I’m really scare.” Yoona voices trembles as her eyes becomes watery.

            “This is about Taecyeon huh?” Sooyoung finally get the clue. Yoona silently stares at the grass. “That’s it. We’re going back inside and look for Taecyeon.” Sooyoung grab Yoona left hand and drags her back into the kitchen again. When they direct their looks to the counter by the fridge, Taecyeon is no longer and so is Suzy. This makes Yoona even more afraid.

            Seulong walks up to the girls with drinks in his hands. “Drinks?”

            “Where is Taecyeon?” Sooyoung asked.

            “Umm… I think Suzy drag him somewhere upstairs.” Seulong make a guessed.

            Yoona heart stops a beat hearing the word “upstairs.” The only possible answer she can find in her head is the bedroom which lead to something she hopes will not come true. Sooyoung drags her to the stair and up to the second level. Seulong clueless follows him.

            Standing in the center of her bedroom, Suzy smiles as she looks into his sharp attractive eyes. Taecyeon feels uncomfortable seeing her take another step closer and swinging her hands to his neck, resting it there.

            “Taecyeon oppa, I’m really happy that you are here tonight. I purpose made this party for you.” Said Suzy in a soft yet seductive tone. “For two years… I have invited you to all my party for the past two years, but you never showed up. But now… it all change. You’re here now. You’re finally here.” Suzy shyly smiles as she eyes moves down to his lips. “Do you know how happy I am tonight?” She moves her left fingers across his lips.

            Taecyeon immediately take a couple steps back. “What are you doing?” He tones were cold and serious.

            “I just want a kiss.” She honestly said. “I just want to be in your life.” Suzy slowly and steadily steps forward. “You can’t always look at Yoona. There’s Suzy, Taecyeon oppa.” She stops exactly six inches away from him. “I’ve like you for years, waiting patiently for you to return my love, but you only have eyes for Yoona. Why don’t you like me? I have feeling too, not just Yoona.” She emotionally tries to makes her ways into him, taking Yoona away from his mind. “You and her are sibling. You two can’t be in love…it’s against the law.”

            The word “law” continues to whisper in his head, distracting him, stiffen him. Seeing him lost and still, Suzy takes this advantage and makes her moves—wraps her arms around his neck—and land her lips over his. Sooyoung and Yoona stop when they finally found Taecyeon, but not in a situation they expected him to be in. Tears flowing down her eyes seeing Taecyeon kiss another girl in a room. Her heart completely, pressure down by a ton of rocks. Her chest hurt, her heart hurt, everything hurts. Yoona was complete lost and shattered.

            “Oh .” Seulong covered his mouth in shock.

            Taecyeon back away immediately—turn around—and sees Yoona in tears as she stands at the door. Yoona makes a run, away from the room, away from him. Taecyeon give a full speed chase. Sooyoung and Seulong immediately run after them. Suzy seductively smirks with her arms cross standing in the room alone.     

           “Yoona!” Taecyeon shouted as he run after her. “Yoona!”

 

To be continues……..…