Ch. 13: What am I?

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

           “Okay, lets’ get started. There is also another class in the auditorium but is on the other side of the moving wall. We can’t see them, but we can hear them. Okay, Let’s all head to the stage.” Hyori instructed. “I will call name, you will perform that part in the script.” She said as she and her student walks to the stage.

            “So how are you girls doing?” Siwon asked. “Enjoying Seoul?”

            “Yeah, Seoul is great.” Said Sooyoung.

            “Great so far.” Yoona answered. “How about you why are here today?” She asked.

            “I came to see you.” Siwon charmingly smiles.

            Yoona shyly blushed.

            “What about me?” Sooyoung whined.

            “I also came here to see you too.” Siwon added.

            Sooyoung smiles. “Are you going to come here more often?” She asked.

            “I think so.” Siwon said as he glances at Yoona.

            Crumbling the scripts in his hand, Taecyeon stares at Siwon.

            “Yah, what are you looking at?” Seulong asked as he walks up to him.

            “Nothing.” Taecyeon angrily mumble.

            “Well, it doesn’t look like nothing.” Said Seulong. Taecyeon glares at him. “I’m just saying.” He shrugged his shoulder. “Come on, lets’ get on the stage. It’s time for practice.”

            A jealous glimpse at Yoona before he walks up the mini stair to the stage, they stood in one long row. Siwon sat at the middle front seat and watch one by one group practice their line in front of him.

            “Okay, next is Thunder and Taecyeon. This is a fight scene. I would you two to make it realistic as you can, but no hurting each other.” Hyori instruct them.

             Taecyeon and Thunder steps out of the row and walks to the center of the stage. They turn their body around, facing each other. Thunder devious stares at Taecyeon frighten Yoona, making her worriedly as she watches Taecyeon from the line.

            Seulong tilt his head down a little. “This should be interesting.” He whispered to Yoona. “Taecyeon is not the type of guy that let thing go easily. “

            Seulong words make her more frighten and scare as she watches Taecyeon stand with his hands tighten into fists of fury.

            “How is your arm?” Thunder cunningly smirks as he spoke softly. “Oh I hope I didn’t cut you to deep?”

            Taecyeon grind his teeth as he glares at him.

            “Oh don’t be angry.” Thunder mocked his expression. “Anger will make you fall, just like yesterday. Yesterday, I lost to you by chance, but today… today I will make you get on your knees.”

            With another class on the same stage and behind the wall, it was hard for Hyori and Yoona to hear what Thunder is saying to Taecyeon.

            “Alright. Action!” Hyori shouted without knowing the fire between the two of them.

            Quickly, Taecyeon raise his right fist up and fiercely aim at Thunder’s face. A duck, Thunder swift his right leg at Taecyeon stomach. The class stood in shock when they realize the fight is real. Yoona startle and quickly covered from squealing. The fight between Taecyeon and Thunder becomes more intense—fist across each other face—knee at the stomach and chest. They were aiming for each other life.

            Seeing red marks, Hyori step forward. “Stop!” Hyori exclaimed. “You two stop this instant!”

            The two of them continues to fight. By chance, Thunder strike a kick at Taecyeon left arm, causing him pain and retreat. Thunder smirks and sent another kick at Taecyeon chest.

            “Taecyeon oppa!” Yoona shouted in fear.

            “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean too.” Thunder fakes the teased as he walk to him. “I wonder what happen if I break your arm? Can you still protect her?” He added more fire into Taecyeon.

            Inhaling and exhaling deeply in anger as he glares at Thunder, Taecyeon watches Thunder charge at him. He grabbed Thunder fist with his right hand and knee him in the stomach with his left knee then lift him up in the air. Everybody was at awe seeing how strong Taecyeon lift Thunder up so easily. Gripping onto Taecyeon’s wrist, pressing his fingers into the wounds, worsen it as Thunder tries to free himself from the air. Taecyeon grind his teeth in pain and throw Thunder a couple feet away. He grab onto his left hand, glaring at Thunder, he made a run to him with his right fist in the air. Siwon runs up to the stage and stop Taecyeon fist then grabbed his left arm and push him back away from Thunder. They came face to face.

            “Stop.” Said Siwon in warning tone.

            Gritting his teeth in anger and pain, his eyes were sharp at Siwon. “Let go.” Taecyeon stonily said.

            Siwon tighten his grips, not knowing Taecyeon is already injured, instead, he makes it worse. Seeing blood dripping on the stage, Yoona heart shaken in pain.

            “Stop, you’re hurting him.” Yoona shouted as she run up to Taecyeon and push Siwon away. Immediately, she held his left arm as if it was a fragile crystal in her hands. Rolling the sleeve up, his bandage was covers in blood. Her heart aches as she sees blood dripping down the stage. Siwon touch his chest, shock at how much she uses her strength to push him away from Taecyeon.

            “Ommo, his hand.” Said Sooyoung worriedly.

            “.” Said Seulong. He took him jacket in a flash and walks up to Taecyeon.

            “You are bleeding again.” Yoona stuttered frightenly as her eyes evolve tears.

            “Taecyeon, you arm is bleeding, what happen?” Hyori concernly asked. She turn and looks at the class, “Someone go get more towels and bandages.”

            Taecyeon stood silently staring at Thunder, who is smirking behind Hyori. Seulong wraps Taecyeon left arm, hoping it would hold his blood from dripping. Yoona looks up and see his attention somewhere else, she cup his face and pulls it down to her. Siwon clueless stood and watch Yoona being extraordinary close to Taecyeon.  

            “Stop, please.” She pleaded. Her eyes filled with tears ready to explode at any moment as she looks at him. “Are you hurt?”

            His heart shakes as he looks into her eyes, Taecyeon could not answer her.

            Suzy fiercely storms up to Taecyeon, pushing Yoona away from him. “This is all your fault. If it wasn’t for you, they would be fighting in the first place.” Suzy blamed Yoona for the caused. “Who do you think you are? Having two guys fighting over you. You really disgust me.” Suzy raise her right palm up ready to slap Yoona.

            Taecyeon grabbed tightly onto her wrist, holding it away from Yoona. He glared at her. “You do not touch her.” He voices shivers her, threaten her inside out.

            “Op—oppa.” Suzy frightenly stuttered.

            Glaring deadly at her, Taecyeon let go of her wrist. Suzy frightenly takes a couple steps back.

             “Sorry, I didn’t mean to. I didn’t know you were already hurt.” Siwon apologized.

            “It’s not your fault. He never lets anybody know that he’s hurt.” Said Yoona as her worried gazes were still fix on Taecyeon.

            Taecyeon his head to the side—away from Siwon and Yoona. He walks down the stage quietly, leaving everybody puzzle as they watch him walking to the exit.

            “Yah! Ok Taecyeon.” Seulong loudly called him. No respond, Seulong sprint to Taecyeon.

            Sooyoung walks up to Yoona, “Is he always like that?” Sooyoung asked. “Quiet and stubborn? Your brother is weird.”

            Sooyoung’s words remind her how much he hates people seeing them as sibling.  “I’m not sure if he ever consider me as his sister.” She said. Yoona walks down stair and quickly out of the auditorium. 

            “Wait, Yoona.” Sooyoung called before chasing after Yoona.

            Siwon follows them shortly. Exit the auditorium, Yoona sees him walking straight instead of turning right to the medical room. She runs up to Taecyeon and held his right hand.

            “Where are you going?” Yoona asked. “The medical room is to the right.”

            “I’m not going there.” Taecyeon quietly answer her.

            “Then where?” Yoona was distressed. “Your left arm is bleeding. Where can you go with a bleeding arm?”

            “Anywhere but here. To theater, home, or to my mom. Anywhere I can be alone.” Taecyeon coldly answered her.

            “Your omma?” Yoona confusedly repeat.

            “Are you crazy? It’s cold outside. Going to the cemetery without stopping your bleeding? You’re going to kill yourself.” Seulong yelled at him. “Even if you hate the medical room, at least get your arm treated first.

            “You’re not going anywhere but to the medical room with me.” Yoona command.

            He swung his right hand away from her grip, “No.” He decline.

            Taecyeon resume his walks to the exit. Yoona upsetly runs up to him and held his right hand tightly. “I’m not letting you go. I will keep holding your hand till you get your left arm treated.” Said Yoona. Somehow, this phrase, she really meant it to him. She drags him to the right hall and down to the medical room. “You’re coming with me to the medical room whether you like it or not.”

            Shockingly looking at her from behind, Taecyeon find himself obediently follow her.

            “Wow, he sure listens to her.” Seulong was astounded as he speaks to Sooyoung. 

            Watching everything with his two own eyes, Siwon felt threaten by Taecyeon—seeing how much Yoona care about him—seeing how Yoona have power of him, Siwon feels jealous. Following behind them, Siwon watch Yoona walks into the medical room then into another room with Taecyeon and a nurse. Seulong and Sooyoung waited outside in the lobby.

            “Is Yoona and Taecyeon close?” Siwon asked, refraining his jealousy voice.

            Sooyoung shrugged her shoulder, “I don’t know.”

            “Siwon looks at Seulong, who also give him the answer a shrug shoulder.

            “Wait, I think they are. Yesterday, half a mile from the library…” Sooyoung paused and looks at Seulong, who nodded his head. “I remember how she embraced Taecyeon from behind and cried for him.” Sooyoung said.

            Seulong nodded, “I remembered. It was really touching. I thought Yoona said they are brother and sister, but from what I see they are more like….”

            “Lover?” Sooyoung completed his sentences. Seulong excitedly nodded. “I hardly see Yoona cry at all. She’s a very happy and cheerful person up till yesterday.”

            Seulong place his hand at his chin, dong his thinking mode.

            “I know Taecyeon is a cold and stubborn man. He hardly loses control of himself, but yesterday he went crazy then stop when Yoona beg him to stop, he stop.” He analysis.

            “This is really confusing.” Sooyoung shook her head lightly, “I can’t really tell what’s their relation is.”

            “Well, base in law, they are brother and sister.” Said Seulong.

            “But is base on love, it is something else.” Said Sooyoung.

            The more Siwon listen to them, the more he fear and jealous grow bigger.

* * *

            Sitting on the bed, Taecyeon hold his left arm out for the nurse to unwraps Seulong jacket and bandages on his arm. Yoona went to wash her hand and dries it with paper towel before she walks up to the nurse and stand behind her.

            “Yesterday, it wasn’t bleeding this much. How come today, you’re bleeding a lot today? Did something happen? Did you get in a fight again?” The nurse asked.

            Taecyeon did not want to answer her question, he stay quiet instead.

            “Not talkative huh?” The nurse asked as she throws the wipes into the little bin.

            “Well because you did not take good care of yourself, the cuts have worsened.” Said the nurse. “Lucky your veins haven’t pop yet or else there’s no use of having a left arm anymore.” She jokingly said, hoping to get him to talk, but failed.

            “What?” Yoona stuttered frightenly. “Is he going to be okay?”

            The nurse smiles seeing how terrified Yoona is, “I’m just saying, it’s not true.” She said. “But it can happen if you don’t take good care of your arm and keep making it bleed. But anyway, who are you to him?” She asked. “His girlfriend?”

            Yoona blushed as she shyly looks down at the floor.

            “It must be.” The nurse nodded her head, knowing she have guessed it right.

            “No.” Taecyeon coldly answered.

            His answered shock the nurse a little, but at the same, disappointed Yoona.

            “Sorry. I thought she was. Just seeing how she been with you since yesterday and how worry she looks when I was just kidding around.” Said the nurse. “Anyway, I at least got a word from you.” Finishing off the last step, she throws away the remaining bloody and dirty trash into the bin. “Okay, done.” She said. “Do you need pain killer?”

            Taecyeon shook his head.

            “Are you sure? Because after today, I think you will be in pain just seeing how worsen you wound have gotten. I recommend your left arm staying away from heavy object, alcohol, and the cold weather.” The nurse instructed. “Don’t overwork your left arm, okay?” She said before she leaves the room.

            Yoona take a seat in the same chair and looks directly at Taecyeon. “I feel like trouble have become more familiar with us than the happy times.” She lightly said. Taecyeon tries to ignore her by looking at the floor. “Why do you not like the medical room?” She curiously asked.

            Taecyeon stay silent.

            “What’s wrong with the medical room?” She continues.

            Taecyeon stay silent, not wanting to tell her reason why he hates the medical room and anything that have to do with medicals, especially the hospital.

            Yoona hopelessly sighed before she changes the subject. “I have to tell appa that you can’t work tonight and tomorrow night.”

            “No, don’t.” Taecyeon objected.

            “Why not? The nurse said not to overwork your left arm.” Yoona said.

            “I still have my right. It’s not that bad. I can still work.” He stubbornly insists.

            “You can’t. I’m not letting you.”

            “I will.”

            Yoona angrily jolt to her two feet—turn her body to the door—then move her feet. She walks to the door.

            “Where are you going?” Taecyeon raise his voice.

            “To tell appa that you can’t work tonight and tomorrow.”

            Taecyeon dash to her—grab her wrist and pull her to him. Unaware of his own strength, he uses too much when pulling her away from the door to him. Their eyes widen in shock when their lips nearly touch. With her right hand rest at his chest, she feels his heart beating abnormally fast against her palm.

            “You are not telling appa. You promise me yesterday you won’t tell them.” Said Taecyeon.

            “I did, but today, it’s a different story. The nurse clearly instructs you to stay away from heavy object and overwork.” Said Yoona reasonably.

            “I don’t need you to care about me. This is my…”

            “I want to care about you.” Yoona cut him off. “I care about you.”

            “Why? You are not my sister. You are not my mom. You are not my girlfriend. You are not my wife.”

            “Then what am I to you? Am I a nobody to you?” Yoona upsetly and hurtfully looks at him. 

            Taecyeon shock by her question left him muffle. He can’t say she a stranger to him nor a sister to him because he know his feeling for her is more than just a simple sibling or a friend. She is definitely not invisible to him.

 

To be continue…………………………….