Ch. 40: A blessing

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

             As Seulong await for an answer from Taecyeon, he looked into the sharp and fierce eyes that fill with sadness, confusion, and lost hope. He knew that no matter what he say or how hard he try to convince him, Taecyeon will not listen. This is how he is….stubborn, isolated, and selfish.

              eulong hopelessly sign and ready himself to speak again, until he heard a sound coming out from Taecyeon mouth. The silent is broken.

             “It doesn’t matter. It’s my problem. I can take care of myself. You don’t need to worry about it and I don’t want anybody to know about this.” Taecyeon reluctantly said.

             Seulong hissed hopelessly, “Taec, this is not a joke, it’s serious. It can kill you.  They have the right to know.” Seulong argued. “You need their help and they need you.”

            Taecyeon raised his voices. “They don’t need me!........Nobody need me.”

            “Taec….”

            “Enough.” Taecyeon stopped him. “We’re done talking about this. I’m getting out of here.” Said Taecyeon.

             “Wait! The nurse said you need to stay for a follow-up. They need to stay so they can find a matching for the surgery.  If you don’t get the treatment, you will die.” Seulong tried to convince him, asked him to stay. 

             “Nothing will change my mind.” Said Taecyeon stubbornly.

             Stubbornly, Taecyeon slide his legs to the end of the bed, pull the blanket off him, and get out bed. He walks to the closet where he’s clothes is hanging. Took his clothes out of the closet and change.

       “Taecyeon, please listen to me this once. I’m begging you to stay. I can’t lose a brother like you.” Seulong grabbed his left arm and stopped him. “What are you going to do now? Go home and pretend nothing happen. Pretend that you were no submitted to the hospital? Pretend that you didn’t know about your illness?”

       “I’m not going back there.” Said Taecyeon.

       “You’re not?”

       “I can’t. It’s not my home.”

       Seulong rub his forehand as if he had a headache. “Just go home and tell them. Yoona is waiting for an explanation. “A job? You’re not going to work for you dad anymore?”

        “No.” Taecyeon coldly answered.

       “Are you serious?” Seulong rest his head back against the couch. “This won’t be good. So what are you going to do now?”

       “I don’t know.” Said Taecyeon.

       Seulong sighed. “We’re graduating soon. You can’t just give up now.”

       “In my condition, I won’t be able to make it. There’s no point of me staying. Missing one person won’t kill the school rates and population.”

       “Stop talking !” Seulong irately said. “Taec.”

       “I have made up my mind already.” Said Taecyeon.

       Seulong watches him walk pass to the exit, he sighed and follow him to the front desk and do the discharge paper work.

* * * *

          After the whole incident in the cafeteria, words are spread widely on the campus. From one ear to the ear, people continues to talk about the fight that happen between Taecyeon and Siwon. Yoona and Sooyoung, who by passed a couple was eavesdropping, at the same time, wondering about Taecyeon. Siwon, on the other hand, was delighted to know he’s still important to her and stand by his side.  However, Sooyoung felt suspicious of Siwon. She knew there was more to it then just a fight, she had a feeling Siwon must have done or said something to taunt Taecyeon but she could not ask him in front of Yoona, knowing that Yoona with will defensively speaks for him. She could only sit in the back of the car and look out the window and let the wind blow calmly into her face.

             Finally, the car come to a stop. Siwon turn off the engine and got out of the car at the same time as the girls. He walks them to the Ok’ house front door. Yoona took out her keys and unlock the locks of the door.

             “Sooyoung, I need to talk to Siwon privately. Can you go in first?” Yoona asked.

             Sooyoung looks at Yoona then at Siwon before she nod lightly and walks into the house.

             Yoona turn around and looked into Siwon eyes, “Siwon oppa—“

             “Yoona, I’m sorry about early. I didn’t mean to hurt him.” Siwon hurriedly explained to her.

             “It’s okay. It wasn’t your fault. I’ve asked other student about the fight. Taecyeon oppa started first.” Said Yoona. Siwon sighed in relief with a slight smirk. “But I also heard something else…. Siwon oppa, I want to clear things up between.”

             “Yoona…” He looked at her confusedly.

             “I admitted back then I like you a lot. I thought you would be the one for me but till the day I met Taecyeon…everything have change….my world have change. I feel my heart beating very fast as if it was chasing after something important ….. something that I can’t live without. I see light… and that light took me to him and I finally knew what my heart was beating for…I love him. I love him more than anything in this world. But I have hurt him over and over. I’ve chose my parents happiness over him. I chose to let him go and I regret it very much. If I have one chance, one wish, I would do whatever I can to get him back… but it’s too late now. No matter what happen, he will always be in my heart. Nobody can ever replace him in my heart. Siwon oppa, I hope you understand.”

             Siwon looked down and let out a small sighed with a light nod than look up again. “I understand.” He forced a smile across his face. “I’m sorry for everything that happen today. We can still be friends right?”

            Yoona nod, “Yes, we still can.”

            Siwon spread his arms wide apart, Yoona happily accept his hug before he walk back to his car and drove away. Yoona step into the house and close the door. She turn around and take one step before she come to a complete stop upon seeing Sooyoung standing 10 feet away from her with her arms cross.

            “You should have told him that from the start, the moment you were in a relationship with Taecyeon.” Said Sooyoung.

            Yoona sighed hopelessly before she walks passed her and up the stairs.

 Sooyoung followed. “You clear things out with Siwon but you’re not going to clear things out with Taecyeon. You’re just going to let him go.” She said.

Up to her room, Yoona put her bag on her desk before she walks over to her bed. “I’m tired.”

             “Girl, don’t change the subject on me.” Said Sooyoung.

             Yoona place her right hand at her chest, keeping closed as she makes a quiet vomit sound. Sooyoung confusedly looked at her. Another feeling, a pressure at her chest, Yoona run out of her room and into the bathroom. She stood in front of the toilet and vomit.

             Sooyoung grabs some tissues and hand it to her as she pat Yoona back gently. “Are you okay? You’ve been like this since this morning.” Sooyoung worriedly asked.

             “I don’t know.” Said Yoona as she wipe her lips gently.

             “I think you should go to the doctor.” Sooyoung suggest.

             “I’m fine. I probably ate something wrong.”

             “I’m not if you did.”

             “You think too much.” Yoona gave a light smile before she walk out of the bathroom and head to her room but stop in front of Taecyeon’s room.

             “Is this his room?” Sooyoung nosily asked. “Do you want to go in and see if he’s in there?”

             “He’s not in there.” Yoona whispered hopelessly softly. “I can’t hear his heartbeat.” Her voice drop in despaired. She walks back to her room without another look at his room.

* * * *

             Another empty day passed as Yoona and Sooyoung stood by their lockers. Sooyoung is talking constantly about her daily life and what she have experiences to Yoona, who is in her own world…wondering and worried. She looks at the empty space in front of Taecyeon locker. It hurts her remembering everything she have said to him. Sooyoung noticed Yoona absent self, she lightly tap her shoulder and weakly smiles.

“Let’s get going. We’re going to be late if you keep standing here and staring at his locker.” Said Sooyoung.

Yoona lightly nodded her head and walks with Sooyoung to class. Though, Taecyeon goes missing on her many time and she should be used to it, believing that he will comeback after he cools off, however, this time she feel he’s absent is real as if he will never come back to her. she’s still not use to it.  All of a sudden she hears a whisper, calling out for her name. “Yoona….” It repeats as her heart beats furiously when she recognized the whispered voice. The voice that she have missed so much and desire to hear again. “Taecyeon oppa.” She called out his name quietly.

             Yoona turn her head and looked at Sooyoung. “Sooyoung, I fell something will happen to Taecyeon oppa.”

             “What? How?” Sooyoung confusedly looked at her.

             “I don’t know. I just feel….I feel pain here.” Said Yoona as she place her right at the center of her chest. “I hear him calling out my name as if it was the last time.”

             “Stop thinking nonsense Yoona. It’s just you imagination or delusional because you haven’t gotten any good rest. Said Sooyoung.

             “No, it felt real.” Yoona remembered the day she saw him lying on the ground with his hands at his hip.

             “Nothing will happen to him. He’s a strong man.” Sooyoung tried to talk her out of her bad feeling. “You need to take a deep breath and clear your mind. He will be fine.”

             Yoona stares at the table in silent knowing even if she continues Sooyoung won’t listen. Sooyoung does not understand what she’s feeling. Nobody understand except her and Taecyeon.

* * * *

            

             Standing infront of the Ok’s resident, Taecyeon looked at the house with eyes full of sadness and pain. He close his eyes, closing the tears as he remember the happy times but only to weaken as a tear slid down his left cheeks.

             “Are you sure you want to do this? I mean leaving your home is….” Said Seulong.

             “There is no place for me here. It’s best if I leave or else I will just continue to hurt everybody.” Said Taecyeon in sorrows.

             “Okay then.” Said Seulong.

             Taecyeon walks up to the house, enter the codes and the door unlock. Taecyeon and Seulong enter the house and to his room. Taecyeon stop once he entered the second floor and looked at Yoona room. Gripping his fists tightly, he remembered the painful words she said to him. Everything she do is pushing him away. He sighed and head to his room, packing his cloth in a duffle bag. He walks out of his room to Yoona room.

             Taecyeon place his right hand on her door. “Goodbye….” He whispered.

             With that being said, Seulong follow Taecyeon out of the house.

* * * *

Sitting in classes for hours have finally come to an end for Sooyoung and Yoona. The girls decided to go to their locker first before hitting the cafeteria. In midst of their walk, a student bypass them with food in their hand. The smell of lamb flew into Yoona nostril, and immediately, she runs to the nearest restroom. Sooyoung quickly follow her. Seeing her in one of the stall, Sooyoung walk up to her and patted her back lightly.

             “Are you okay Yoona?” Sooyoung worriedly asked. “You’ve been like this for the past days.”

             Yoona grab some toilet paper and wipe . “I don’t know why, but the smell was really horrible.”

             “Horrible? The food smell good.” Said Sooyoung suspiciously. “Yoona, have you’ve been picky on food lately? Do you feel tired all the time? Do you get morning sickness frequenty?”

             Yoona looked at Sooyoung awkwardly not knowing what to answer first and what not to answer. “What are you trying to say?”

             “Okay, I might not be hundred percent sure but I think you’re pregnant.” Said Sooyoung. “It’s best if you go to the medical room now and get a check-up. I’ taking you there now.” She grab Yoona right wrist and drag her to the medical room.

             Hurriedly to the medical room, Yoona felt her body and heart beating anxiously as if what Sooyoung have told her was true. Her body have change. Everything about her have change; eating, sleeping, and emotion.

             Sitting in the room waiting for the nurse to come in, Yoona nervously play with her thumbs as she stares at the door. The room was quiet, she can hear the clock tick tock repeatedly. A minutes later, the doctor come with a file in their hand and sit on the rolling chairs.

             “Miss Im, when was your period?” The female doctor asked.

             “Maybe two months ago. I don’t remember.”

             “Have you been feeling tired and emotionally lately? Like emotionally out of control?” The doctor asked again.

             “Yes. Lately, I’ve been tired and hungry. I get morning sickness and do feel like vomit from time to time.”

             “Miss. Im, you are pregnant. The reason why I asked you these question cause I want to assure my answer and report as well as you understanding the changes in your body.”

             “Are you sure, doctor?” Sooyoung shockingly looked at the doctor.

             The doctor confidently smiles as she nodded her head lightly, “I am positive that she is a month and half pregnant, almost two months pregnant.”

             “Oh my god, I knew it.” Sooyoung happily said. “Yoona, you’re going to a mom!”

             “Yes she is, and the man of this child will be delighted to hear this news.” Said the doctor.

             Yoona is speechless as her body stiffen on the chair. She is happy, hut sad and confused at the same time. This is of a sudden to her. She does not know what to say to her parent, and most important, Taecyeon. She have hurt him dearly time after time. Now, she knows he doesn’t to ever see her again.

             Seeing Yoona sadden face, Sooyoung asked the doctor to leave give them a private moment. The doctor agree and left the room.

             “Are you going to tell your parent and Taecyeon about this?” Sooyoung asked. “You’re pregnant Yoona, you can’t hide this truth.”

             Yoona place her hand at her stomach.

             “The baby in your stomach belong to Taecyeon too. You need to tell him.” Sooyoung continues.

             “I know… but he’s gone. I can’t find him anywhere.” Yoona spoke nearly in a whispered. “But even if I tell him this…. I’m afraid he will tell me to aborted, just like how I told him we can never be together.”

             “If he really tell you that, which I believe he will not, than he does not love you enough.” Said Sooyoung. “If you both love each other then you both have to fight for it, fight for your happiness Life is too short to let go of something you love dearly. Right now, this moment is all about love. You have to chase after it just like how he fought for you, how he protected you from harmed. In his eyes, all he sees is you. And I know in your eyes… it’s the same thing. You have a blessed in you, don’t deny it. ”

             “A bless….” Yoona whispered as she looked down where her right hand is at. “I want this baby to come out safely. I want to keep this baby…. Because it’s the symbol of my love to him.”

             Sooyoung softly smiles, “Then keep it and go get him back.”

             With words of encouragement, Yoona knew what she need to do for her and the baby future.

             “Taecyeon oppa……..”

 

To be continue…………………………………….

Hi everyone, 
I'm so sorry I haven't been updating like usual. I've been occupied with work, school assignment, test/midterm, and projects. So, I do not have time left to update like I use to, but i'll try my best to update and finish this story. Thank you for your patient.