Ch. 35: Mianhe Oppa

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

           Walking down the little hallway to the living room, Mr. Ok and Mrs. Im came to an immediately stop after a shocking image in the kitchen. Yoona immediately push Taecyeon back once she heard plastic bags crash to the floor. She turned around and sees Mr. Ok and Mrs. Im standing in disbelief at them.

            “What are you two doing?” Mr. Ok asked in a shudder tone with his eye fiercely staring at Taecyeon. “Tell me what is going on here!”

            His shouted startles Yoona as she frightenly face her parent. She closed her eye for a moment to pull her together, a moment to hope that this is not real. When she open her eyes, it was real… her mom… his dad… both are standing there looking at them. She looks at Mr. Ok angry fiery red eyes and her mom shock and sad eyes that shattered her into pieces.

            “I want an explanation!” Mr. Ok exclaimed.

            “Yoona and I are together.” Taecyeon immediately answered.

            “What?” Mr. Ok said as he clutches his hands together. Grinding his teeth, Mr. Ok takes a couple steps forward. “What did you just said?”

            “Yoona and I are together.” Taecyeon daringly said without a blink of fear.

            “You—.” Mr. Ok stopped and heavily inhales. “Yobo, take Yoona. I want to talk to Taecyeon privately.” He said without taking his fiery eyes off Taecyeon.

            “Yoona, omma want to talk to you. Can you come with me for a bit?” Mr. Im voices stuttered in sadness and shock.

              Before Yoona could give an answer, she looks at Mr. Ok then worriedly fixed her eyes on Taecyeon. From father to son, their eyes were fury as if they were standing on the ring ready to fight each other any moment. She know Taecyeon won’t give up on their love, she know he will do what he think is right and what he believes in.

            Another look at both eyes, Yoona nervously looks at her mom and mildly nodded her head. She step aside to the sink and washes her hands before her and her mom walks up to each other. With a closer a look, Yoona could sees her mom holding her tears back. It hurt her to see her mom like this. Mrs. Im grabbed Yoona left hand and pull her with her. Yoona turn her head around to look at Taecyeon who is still standing at the same spot. Taecyeon turn his head to her sees the worries yet sad eyes of her. He watches her walks to Mrs. Im and Mr. Ok’s room.

            “How long have this been going on?” Mr. Ok asked. “How long have you two been together?”

            “The day you left to Paris.”

            Mr. Ok slides his right hand down his face as he tries to hold his anger back. “She’s your sister.”

            “She’s not my sister.”

            “She is!” Mr. Ok exclaimed. “You have a mom and sister.” Mr. Ok spoke loudly.

            “I don’t have a mom!” Taecyeon said. He walks around the counter as he grinded his teeth. “I only have one omma and she died eight years ago.”

            “You have a mom! It doesn’t matter what you said or do, you have a mom and a sister!”

            “I don’t! She’s not my sister. She’s the woman I love!”

            “You bastard! She is your sister! No matter what you said, she will be your sister!” Mr. Ok stormed up to Taecyeon and grabs the collar of his top.

* * * *

            Both mother and daughter sitting at the edge of the bed, they face each other with both sad and painful eyes. Mrs. Im holds tightly onto Yoona hands as if she’s afraid what her daughter words said would hurt her later.

            “Yoona, tell omma that truth. When did you and Taecyeon start? When did you have feeling for him?” Mrs. Im voice trembles as she declared a questioned.

            Yoona nervously gulp as she looks into her mom’s eyes before answering her. “From the beginning….” A quick glance at her mom before she continues to speaks again. “I have feeling for him from the moment we met.” Yoona truthfully answered her mom. Mrs. Im sadly looks down. “Omma, mianhe. I know this is wrong. I know I can’t have any feeling for him. I know this is , but there are time I can’t control my self… my feeling for him.”

            “I know.” Mrs. Im whispered. She weakly inhales before she lifts her head up and looks into her daughter eyes. “Feeling cannot be held back, especially at this age of yours. I know from the way he looks at you, how he treated you, and especially when he carry you back to the campsite after saving you from drowning. I know he has feeling for you.”

            “Omma….”

            “But I wish you could have held it back. If only you think of how others around you feel.”

            “I do omma. I tried to ignore it by burying it but I…..”

            “But you couldn’t do it.” Mrs. Im finished the sentences for her. “Yoona, by law you two are brother and sister. Taecyeon’s appa is will known here in Seoul, if your relationship with him go public then the two of you will be a laughter.” Said Mrs. Im in a gentle voice. “Not only a laughter but Taecyeon future road will end. Taecyeon may not care about this, but you will. I know you care about him and his future. I know you want everything to be good for him. But if this continues, people will look down on both of you, especially him. He’s going to graduate this semester and you barely start college. If he goes looking for a new job or want to advance his future to a better place, people won’t accept him…. Yoona, can you give this happiness to omma this time?”

            Sitting with her lips glue, eyes fills with sadness. It was the moment when words that need to be said left unspoken, even though her heart desperately want to speak up but the eyes of her mother left her words voiceless. This is the moment she hates the most… afraid of the most but she can’t stop it from happening. She knew it would happen sooner or later. And now that it happened, her mind fills with questions that can’t be answer.

            Mrs. Im lifts her right hand to Yoona bang and glides it behind her ear. “Yoona, I know I’m selfish but omma want still want to hold onto this happiness. You are still young and have long road ahead, but omma is not. Omma can’t always be lucky and find another man like him, I’m already in my forties.” Mrs. Im said in a soft voice. “Yoona, can you please give this happiness to omma?”

            Looking deeply into her mom’s eyes, Yoona knew what she have to do and could only hold herself from tearing apart in front of her mom. A loud bang from outside startles the mother and daughter silent moments in the room. They quickly run out of the room, down the little hallway, pass the stair and stop by the couches in the living. Bowls shatter in pieces on the floor, Yoona and Mrs. Im looks up and sees Mr. Ok clutches onto Taecyeon shirt collar against the wall. Through Taecyeon’s eyes, Yoona knew he and his father were glaring at each other as if they were enemy.

            “You end this right now!” Mr. Ok exclaimed.

            “I love her.”

            “She is your sister!” Mr. Ok continues to shout in anger. “You and her cannot! By law you two are sibling!”

            “I don’t care about law! I don’t give a crap about law! Why can’t I be with her? I love her and she love me.” Taecyeon loudly said.

            “This is not love! This is ! Don’t you understand!”

            “I don’t care!”

            “I do!” Mr. Ok inhales and exhales heavily as he glares deeply into Taecyeon’s eyes. “You must have force her. You must have manipulated her mind. Or else how could this happen?”

            “Stop being so stubborn. You saw it with your own eyes appa!”

            “You end this shameful and disgraceful thing right now or else you leave this house and never come back here again.”

            Taecyeon arrogant stares into Mr. Ok eyes as he insist being with Yoona till the very end. But from aside, Yoona’s heart was flustering. Just seeing father and son rivalry staring at each other hurt her. She doesn’t want them to be like this.

            “I will never leave her.” Said Taecyeon daringly.

            Mr. Ok raises his right fist up in the air with fire burning inside his eyes and heart. Taecyeon shows no sign of fear through his eyes as Mr. Ok strike a punch at him.

            “Yobo!” Mrs. Im shouted.

            “Appa!” Yoona frightenly shouted. “I will end this!”

            Mr. Ok stopped and looked at Yoona. Taecyeon astounded by her. Yoona lips quivered as she looks into Taecyeon shudder eyes. Her chest beat rapidly fast as she tries to remain on her feet.

            “What are you talking about?” Taecyeon stuttered. “What do you mean?”

            Mrs. Im rush up to Mr. Ok and pull him away from Taecyeon. With a distant between them, Yoona tries to hold herself together, remaining strong and cold in front of Taecyeon.

            “Oppa, we can’t anymore.” Yoona softly yet sadly spoke. “Lets end it here and now. It was impossible from the start.” 

            “Yoona…..”  Taecyeon whispered in disbelief. He gaits to her but pause when he saw her taking s step back.

            “Stop.” Her voice trembled with her hand mid high.

            Looking into his sad, disbelief, and confused eyes, her breaths Her breaths were unstable and unsteady as if she have forgot how to breathe upon seeing his devastated, shock, and confused face. “Omma and appa is right. We are sibling. We can’t do this. We can’t be together.” Waters whelp around her eyes as she continues to force all this words out of . “We can’t be selfish. We can’t hurt them…. ”

            “But you can hurt me.” Taecyeon sadly stuttered.

            Uncontrollably, a couple tears slid down her cheeks as they continue to look at each other. “Lets give them some private.” Mrs. Im grab onto Mr. Ok left arm and pull him with her into their bedroom.

            Now, with only the two of them in the room, him staring at her and her not daring to look at him, fearing she will weaken seeing his sad eyes. Taecyeon walks up to her. He boldly make a few steps forward and lift his right hand up to wipe away her tear but in second, she step back before he can touch her.

            Her action shaken his heart as if its’ trying to cling onto a rock from falling of the cliff. “What—what do you mean? I thought—I thought…..”

            Looking to the side for a moment, picking up all her courage, she faces him again. “Oppa, lets end it here. Lets break up.” She intruded. “My love for you is not deep enough to give up omma and appa… this family.” She daringly lifted her head up and looked straight into his eyes.

            “I don’t want too. You can’t possibly change that qui… this must be all lies.”

            “I’m not lying to you.” Yoona deeply inhale before she put on a black mask and play the mean one. “Fine, you want the truth, I’ll give you the truth. I have never loved you. I have never been truthful to you. My heart…. my heart belong to Siwon only. He’s the one I like from the beginning. The one I want to be with for the rest of my life, not you. I’m only with you because I pity you. You’ve helped me a lot. You are always there for me, so the only way I can repay you back is by forcing myself to date you.”

            Her cold lies was like knives piercing his heart repeatly without mercy. He was in pain. She was in pain but she could not show it to him. She knew if she spoke heartlessly…this way she could end it even though she knew he would hate her. “All of this… all of it was just a game. From the beginning to now, nothing was real.”  

            “A game?.... All this time… was just a game. Even when we did it….. it was just a game. The words you said… was just a game. Your action… was just a game.”

            Yoona tries to hold her stony expression as she looks at him. “Yes, it was all a game.” She gulp trying her hardest to stay cold and solid.

            Taecyeon grip his fists tightly as he looks into her eyes. “So all this time…it was fake?

            “Yes.” Yoona answered with no hesitation.

            A fierce feeling roses and continues to stack inside of him as he looks at her heartbrokenly. Yoona couldn’t look at him anyway and looks away. He despairing nodded his head and laughs at the ceiling. Through the laugh, she know he is hurt and could only close her eyes tightly as she tries to hold the tears back.

            Lowering his head, he angrily looks at her. “Did you have fun?”

            His tone pierces through her as she continues to avoid his painful yet angry eyes.

            “Did you have fun playing with my heart? Did you have fun faking all everything? Did you have fun toying around with me like a dog! Did you!” He angrily exclaimed. His shouted scares her. “Look at me.” He demanded. Yoona hesitate. “Look at me.” He raises his voice. Yoona lift her head up and their eyes meet again.

            Just seeing how red her eyes are, how teary it become, he have no strength to be mad at her… no heart to shout at her.

            “Why are you doing this? Why do you keep doing this to me? Why do you keep giving hope then later take it away. Why?!”

            “I thought… because I want to know what an open-heart Taecyeon is like once he fall in love. I just want to know how hard it is to open Ok Taecyeon heart.” Yoona continues her heartless act.

            “From the beginning… you have never love me. All the happiness was just an illusion, a lie. You only have one person in your heart… and that person is not me…it was never me to begin with.”

            Looking away from his painful eyes, Taecyeon understood and heartbrokenly nodded her.

            Holding his tears back, “Im Yoona, you really are a cruel person.” Said the heartbroken Taecyeon before he turned around. “I hope you enjoy your game..… because my love to you was real…. but your love to me was not from the beginning.” Gripping his fists tightly together, he storms to the front door—open the door—and walk out of the house with a loud slam that shaken her hearts.

            Living with her hurtful lies, word that hurt him and her… everything was over…maybe. Tilt her head to the door, her heartache gravely having to give up her happiness for her mom happiness, tear comes flowing down her eyes like a river. She wishes for him to come back and embrace her but at the same she does not. Maybe to her, its best if he just walk away with her lies… walk away in pain now than more pain later. Maybe, it’s better this way for her and him.

            “Mianhe oppa… mianhe.” She whispered in tears.

 

To be continue…………………..