Ch. 38: Tears

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

            Mrs. Im shout shocked the whole family to their feet and running to the front door. At the doorway stand two tall men; one is bleeding while other helping the injured man stood on his feet.

             Seulong help Taecyeon walk into the house. Mr. Ok walks to the door and Yoona rush out of her room after both heard Mrs. Im terrifying shout. Seeing both Seulong and Taecyeon face nearly cover in bruises and blood dripping from the side of Taecyeon’s forehead, Yoona run down from the stairs to them.

             “What’s going on?” Mr. Ok rushed to the front.

             “Oppa!” Yoona worriedly call him. Seeing bloods flowing down the side of his face, she grabs a couple tissue on at a nearby table then gently clean the nearly dries blood off his face before carefully pressuring the tissue at the cut.

             “What happen?” Mr. Ok was tremor by what he sees or happen to his son.

             “Gwaenchan-ah?” Mrs. Im worriedly asked as she looks at Taecyeon.

             “Taecyeon oppa, are you okay? What happen?” Yoona spoke in a concern tone.

             Taecyeon lift his head up and sees Yoona beside him.

             “It’s a long story. We were at the club and somehow……” Seulong said.

             “Seulong.” Taecyeon cut him off. “You can home.” He said.

             “But ahjussi want to…..”

             “It’s not their business.” Said Taecyeon stonily.

             The unstable Taecyeon walks down the hall and pass them to the stair but tremble a couple feet away. Dizzy by the alcohol in his body, Mr. Ok was angry at him.

             Yoona worriedly shout as she run to him, helping him up. “Are you okay?” She trembles as she sees him in terrible condition.

“Why do you care about me?” Taecyeon stuttered hurtfully. “Didn’t you say we are over?”

His words makes her withdraws her hands back.

“Mianhe oppa.” Yoona begged as he heart aches again.

Taecyeon hurtfully looks away then tries to get back on his feet again, but fall after taking a couple steps. Mr. Ok heatedly stormed to him—grabs the Taecyeon’s jacket—pulled him up and push him against the wall.

“Ahjussi be careful, he’s badly hurt.” Seulong warned Mr. Ok about Taecyeon condition.

“I see nothing wrong with him.” Mr. Ok glares at Taecyeon. “You really...” He nerve was getting shorter as he looks at Taecyeon.  “Is this how you are? Reckless?” He hissed. “Look at you! Look at you! You are like ! Everybody cares about you, but you push it away like trash.” Mr. Ok spoke angrily. “Do you know you’re a pain in my ? Every time you go out, you always cause trouble. You do nothing for family.” He yelled at him. “When will you wake up and mature!”

“I’m to this house. I have always been to this house! I don’t need anybody to care about me.” Taecyeon irately loudly said. “Especially you. If it weren’t for you, Yoona wouldn’t break up with me!”

             Mr. Ok ferocious punch Taecyeon across his face, sending him to the floor.

             “Appa!”

             “Yobo!”

             “Ahjussi!”

             Everybody shouted shock.

             “She is your sister!” Mr. Ok shouted at Taecyeon.

             “She’s not!”

             “AH!”

             The mother and daughter shout in shock after seeing Taecyeon on the ground with blood coming out of the corner of his lips. Yoona rush him, helping rest his back against the wall, and gently yet frightenly wipes the blood off the corner of his lips. Taecyeon stares motionlessly at Yoona.

             “Yoona get away from him.” Mr. Ok ordered Yoona, but she remained beside Taecyeon. Mr. Ok points at him. “You really are a disgraceful son. You don’t know what shame is? You embarrassed me.” He said. “I bet you started the fight. I bet you are the one that cause Seulong trouble too.” Mr. Ok blamed Taecyeon everything.

             Taecyeon recklessly chuckled. “You can say whatever you want. You never see me as your son. You even punch me.” He carelessly said as he looks at him. “I did nothing wrong. The only wrong thing I ever done was to be born into this family.” He said in despair. “Don’t worry, I will disappear in front of your fac. I won’t be in your face anymore. After tonight, I’m leaving this house and I’m never coming back!”

             “Taecyeon-ah.” Mrs. Im concernly called him. “Your appa is just mad right now, may be couple days he will cool off.”

             “Yes, listen to ahjumma Taec.” Seulong persuaded him.

             Ignoring their words, Taecyeon tries getting back on his feet again and walks to the stairs.

             “Stop there.” Mr. Ok ordered.

             Taecyeon paused for a second before he resume his wobbly walks. Grabbing onto the wooden bar, he support himself up as he walks up the stairs.

             “Seulong, do you want me to get you some medical to treat your bruises?” Mrs. Im asked.

             “I’m fine.” Said Seulong. “Thank you ahjumma.” He bowed 90 degree before facing her again. “Mianhe about tonight. Ahjussi, it wasn’t Taecyeon fault. We were just out for a drink. We didn’t expect a fight to happen at the club, but it wasn’t his fault. A friend…actually a rival from the same school, Thunder, was insulting Yoona, he couldn’t stand it anymore and punched Thunder. His gang start attacking us, so the fight began. It was Thunder who started first. I wanted to bring him to the hospital but he insist not too, so I can only bring him here.” Seulong explained.

             Mrs. Im turn around and look upset at Mr. Ok, “See? You don’t know the whole story and, yet, you cause a commotion. You even punch him for the thing he didn’t do.”

             Mr. Ok ignorantly walks back to his room. Mrs. Im sighed hopelessly before she looks at Seulong, smiles with gratitude. “Thank you for bringing him home.” She said.

             “No problem, ahjumma. He’s like brother to me.” Said Seulong with pleasant smiles. “I’m going to leave now. Good night.” He bowed his lightly to Mrs. Im and Yoona before leaving the house.

             Mrs. Im closed the door, locking the locks before looking at Yoona, who is still dreadful by Taecyeon injuries.

             “Why don’t you go check on him? And also help treat his cuts.” Mrs. Im suggested.

             Yoona startlingly looks at Mrs. Im. “Omma?”

             “Don’t worry about omma and appa. I trust you.” Said Mrs. Im with smiles before walking to her bedroom.

             Though Mrs. Im said she trust Yoona, but inside, Mrs. Im is filled with worries and suspicion.  Yoona can see it through her. Once Mrs. Im turn into the right hall, leading to her room, Yoona looks up at the second level. Hesitate for a moment before she finally walks up to the second level, into the bathroom first then walk to Taecyeon. This time without knocking his door, Yoona grab the doorknob and open the door. She sees him half standing by his bed, but what caught her eyes is the purple circle at his shoulder and left side waist.

             “Don’t come in. If you come in, I can’t guarantee you what will happen.” Taecyeon coldly warned her.

             Yoona ignore his threat and steps into his room, she walks up to him—placing the first aid box on desk—then turn him around. There are more bruises in the front then the back—one at his right chest—two near his abdomen—and another one on the other side of his waist—opposite from the one at his lower back. Lightly air traces her right hands over his bruises, she feels the same pain as he did back at the club. Unknowingly, her tears showers down her cheeks as she stares at his bruises. Looking up at the cut on the side of his forehead, about 2 inches away from his left eye, and the bruises near the cut; Yoona moves her hand up and about to brush over it till Taecyeon grab her hand. He stops her from doing so.

             “Why are you doing this to yourself?” Yoona sobs as she looks into his eyes.

             “Because it hurt.” Taecyeon answered her softly yet mournfully. “Why do we have to be like this? Am I not important enough to you?”

             “You are. You are important to me, but omma and appa is also important to me too. I can’t hurt them.” Shedding regretful tears as she spoke to him.

             Taecyeon let go of her hand and hurtfully looks away. “ You can’t hurt them, but you can hurt me… I know.” He said. “I know you only pity me… I know everything that happen was just a… an illusion.”

             “Mianhe oppa.”

             “Don’t…don’t apologized to me. I don’t want to hear it anymore. No matter what happen, I always come second. I understand.” Taecyeon nodded his head as he tries to hold back his tears.

             Their heart aches at the same time, unable them to speak another words to each other as the room filled with silent tears.       

             Taecyeon decided to break the silent, “Honestly answer me this…have you ever love me?” He asked. “Have you?”

             Deeply looking into his eyes, the sadness and pain she sees left her speechless and remorse.

             “Have you?”

             Words repeating inside her head, she sees tears the want to escape but trap inside of his eyes. It hurt to see him this way, it hurt lying to him. Her heart hurts.

             “I have and always have but omma…appa…”

             “What about us?”

             Yoona painfully gulp as she looks away.

             “You said you love me. You said you want to be with me but what are we now?” Said Taecyeon in heartbroken tone. “Look at us now…we’re apart. I know I’m selfish, I know it’s wrong but all the things I’ve done and fight for was because I have hope and love… and you.”

             “Mianhe oppa.” Yoona sadly whispered in tears. “I don’t want too… I don’t want us apart…. I don’t want us apart.” More tears running down her cheeks as he head face the floor with her eyes closed.

             Taecyeon gulp as he cocked his head to the side and stares at the wall for a moment before he looks at her. He take a step closer and gently wipes her tears away then gulp her face. He lightly lifts her head up. She opens her eyes.

             “Then why can’t we be together?” He whispered. “I love you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life, our life.”

             “Oppa…”

             Staring into her tearful eyes, he lowers his head slowly and calmly. In a second, his lips lock on hers, gently and softly. Yoona drop the first-aid kit and grasps his jacket.  Mrs. Im walks up the stair to check on Taecyeon after taking Mr. Ok into his room to cool down. Two steps left before she is on the second floor. Her eyes widen but not in shock or surprise, it was just pure love she sees. There was no anger but just sadness for her daughter and Taecyeon. Seeing how Yoona clenches onto Taecyeon jacket, seeing her daughter tears fall after one another. Her heart aches for them. All she can do for them is turn around and walks away, leaving them alone in their world.

             His soft lip numbing on her…  the lips that she miss so much, embrace that she wish to be in again. She misses him so much. However, all of this must go away before her mom or Mr. Ok comes up and sees them like this. Yoona clench her eyes tightly and push him back. Taecyeon hurtfully looked at her. Yoona turn around, wiping her tears away a little but couldn’t stop herself from tearing, she walks out of his room. She left him standing in despair and sadness.

              

To be continues…………………