Ch. 33: A good night kiss

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

            Yoona immediately pushed him away and walks out of his room to hers before her mom catches them intimately in his room.

            “Yoona.” Mrs. Im called. “For second, I thought you still asleep.”

            Yoona turn and nervously looks at her. She tensely smiles, “I just finish washing up, I have to go get my sweater and bag.” Yoona nervously lied.

            “Oh.” Said Mrs. Im before she looks at Taecyeon who is standing at the doorway. “Annyoung Taecyeon, did you have a good sleep?”

            Yoona secretly glances while trying to hold back her smile at him before she walks into her room. She closed the door behind her before her legs tremble and her back fall against the door. She sighed in relief.  Taecyeon give a stiff nod before he walks into the bathroom.  Mrs. Im awkwardly look at Yoona’s room then to the bathroom, she shrug and head back down to the kitchen.

            “That was close.” Yoona whispered in relief. She rests her right hand at her heart and feeling it beats normal again.

* * * *

            After an awkward short breakfast at the dinning table with secret glances at each other. Taecyeon and Yoona tries to take notice of their parent reaction, luckily, they weren’t suspicious of their awkward quietness or did her mom mentions anything about almost catching them kissing in his room. So it was a relief breakfast for Yoona.

            Arrived at school and is now heading to class, Taecyeon and Yoona went separate way to their first class. Yoona entered her class and sees Sooyoung saving her a spot by the window. She walks over to her but stop when Suzy unexpectedly cut her off with a hatred glare. Yoona uncomfortably lower her head and let them walk to their seats first before resuming.

            “Did she say anything to you?” Sooyoung asked.

            Yoona put her bag on the desk before answering her, “No, just a glare.”

            “She’s just jealous of you because you got Taecyeon and she didn’t.” Said Sooyoung.           

            “Shhh. Can you not say it so loud?” Said Yoona. “We almost got caught by our parent last night and this morning. It’s hard enough to hide from them already.”

            Sooyoung’s eyebrows rose as she looks at her. “Jjinja!”

            Yoona glares at him. “Stop it. You’re doing it again.”

            “Sorry. It’s habit.” Said Sooyoung. “Anyway, you and him really almost got caught by your parent?” She asked. Yoona nod. “Wow, I wonder how long you two can keep this up.”

            “I don’t know. As long as we can.” Said Yoona with no confidant. She takes out her notebook and her pencil, going through many pages in her notebook before she stop and sees a drawing of Taecyeon. “Maybe until they are ready to accept.”

            “How are you going to get them to accept?” Sooyoung asked.

            “I really don’t know. My heart really want to tell them, but I fear my mom will… will get hurt because of me.” Yoona trembles.

            “Well, there is always hurt in love. One with perfect love and another with no so perfect love.” Said Sooyoung.

            Yoona sighed, “I don’t want to think about this for now. Can we not talk about this?”

            Sooyoung nodded with smiles, “Anyway, I’m going to your show tonight. I heard there will be a famous play tonight at your appa theater. Can you get me in for free? I’m really low on money. You know, all those Kpop releases are taking my money away. This month is Big Bang, next month is CNBLUE, then the month after it is 2PM, and then the next month is Girls’ Generation. I’ll be poor before I even start my career.”

            Yoona smiles as she looks at her. “You seriously.” She looks down at her drawing of Taecyeon. “Wait, doesn’t Taecyeon look like someone from 2PM?” She asked.

            “Now that you mention it, he does look like a guy from 2PM. Really identical; face, height, body figure, and hairstyle. They are really alike.” Sooyoung body jolted a little, “Maybe he audition for JYP but hide it from his parent and you.”

            Yoona let out a playful smile, “You really can think of anything huh?” She said.          “It could happen.” Said Sooyoung.

            “I don’t think so. I know his personality. That guy from 2PM is more friendlier, funny, famous, and act like a kid. They may look alike but they are two different person.” Said Yoona in an understanding way.

            “How are they different?” Sooyoung asked with her head tilt to the side.

            “One is my man and the other is not.” Yoona embarrassedly smiles.

            Sooyoung shivers and rubs her arms. “Oh my god, I’m getting goosebump. I’m seriously going to throw up if you said it again.”

            Yoona secretly smiles at Sooyoung, “You asked for it.”

            Sooyoung stuck out her tongue at Yoona.

* * * *

            Sitting at a table in the cafeteria, the girls eat and wait at the same time. Twenty minutes later, Taecyeon and Seulong enter the cafeteria. Seulong had a tiring face while Taecyeon face expression is the same, serious and dull. Walking up to the girls’ table, they pass Thunder, Suzy, and her girls. Seulong glances at them, and sees two different eyes; one is a glare whiles others are sad and jealous eyes. Taecyeon take a sit beside Yoona while Seulong sit on the opposite side. Immediately, Seulong lied his head down on the table after a big blow.

            “Seriously, what did you two do? Why is Ms. Hyori always angry at you two as if you both did something wrong?” Sooyoung nosily asked. “Did one of you dated her then broke up with her?”

            Yoona rest her head on her palm and look at Taecyeon with suspicious eyes, giving him the, ‘What did you do? Is she also one of his crush?’ face. Taecyeon had a warm smile no his face and shook his head.

            “It was Seulong.” Said Taecyeon.

            Seulong immediately lift his head up and glare at Taecyeon, “You were in it too.”

            “What did you guys really do?” Sooyoung asked.

            “It was a prank we did last year. That prank was really awesome because it took out the whole class, but we got in trouble big time.” Seulong explained.

            “You’re a prankster?” Yoona raised her eyes at him.

            “No.” Said Taecyeon dully. “I was dragged into it for helping him. At first I didn’t know it was a prank, but after helping him, I realized it was a prank.” He explained.

            “So you are a prankster.” Said Yoona.

            “I’m not.”

            “Anyway… the prank was really my idea but it’s not my fault. Class was really boring and this kids were annoying me, so I thought I play a prank on them after I overheard them talking crap behind my back and his.” Seulong explained. “I got mad and decided to teach him a lesson. I told Taecyeon about it but he didn’t care. He was like a stone back then, not caring what other said about him. So I thought maybe I should come up with something else and dragged him. I ended up lying to him.”

            “Skip to where you play the prank. What kind of prank did you played?” Sooyoung eagerly asked.

            “Roasted chicken.” Seulong answered. Sooyoung and Yoona puzzlingly looked at him. “First you get a bucket of clear white glue and spread evenly on the floor then make a pulley. Have couples buckets of clear glue on the first knot then feathers on the second, and peppers with others spices on the third. Taecyeon and I took about an hour to hung those buckets on the ceiling. We waited on the little balcony on the ceiling from them to come.”

            “I didn’t want to wait.” Taecyeon in.

            “Anyway, you waited with me.” Said Seulong.

            “You forced me to stay.” Said Taecyeon

            “Anyway, those guys came and we found out something more interesting. Not only are the backstabber but also stealers and drug dealer. We sat on the top and watch them deal drug below us. I thought to myself, they are so busted and dead with me. Those guys took a few steps into the spot we wanted them to stand at. Right before we pull the rope and pour things on them, Ms. Hyori came in with a fierce face. When I wanted to shout, everything was too late. They were all cover in glue, feathers and peppers. We were shock but it was funny. They were all roasted. They couldn’t move at all.” Seulong laughed as he tells them the story.

            “I didn’t know you had this side.” Said Yoona. “Is there any other side of you I need to know?” She’s trying to hide her smiles.

            “I don’t have any.” Taecyeon strongly said. 

            “No wonder Ms. Hyori hated you guys so much.” Said Sooyoung. “But what you guys did sound really fun. Too bad I wasn’t there to see it.”

            “Well, that was one reason. Another reason was ditching, we often ditched her class.” Said Seulong.

            “I was forced.” Taecyeon clarified.

            “Yah! There was two days you ditch by yourself.” Said Seulong.

            “It was my omma birthday.” Taecyeon raised his voice. “The other was her…..” He stopped and looked down at the table.

            Yoona sighed and sneaking holds his hand under the table. He looks at her and sees who understanding she is through her eyes. “Did you get what I asked you earlier?” She changed the subject.

            He nodded. “I notify Lee Jin already. She going to put her in the VIP list for tonight.” He said.

            Yoona give him a warm smile, “Kamsahamnida.”

            “Yah! Seriously, you two… we’re still here.” Sooyoung annoyingly said.

            Yoona stuck her tongue out at Sooyoung. “You will do the same when you have boyfriend.”

            “No I won’t.” Sooyoung declined.

            “Yes you will. Sooyoung I know you, you are more gushy than me.” Yoona frankly said.

            “Whatever.” Sooyoung decide to change the subject. “I wonder what is Siwon oppa doing right now.” Sooyoung sighed. “It has been a while since he came to visit.”

            “Why don’t you give him a call?” Said Yoona.

            “He only answered to your calls.” Sooyoung accidentally blurt out.

            Through the entwine with his hand, Yoona feel his body tense up, becoming more and more stiff as he stares at the table.

            “I mean, he is very busy lately, he won’t answer any incoming calls.” Said Sooyoung nervously.

            “I bet.” Seulong jerks. “Rich boy is always busy. Taecyeon is rich, I don’t see him busy.”

            “Yeah he is. He’s busy with Yoona.” Said Sooyoung.

            “Yah! Busy with me what?” Said Yoona. “I’m not ordering him around. I didn’t ask him to be with me all the time.”

            “He’s busy loving you.” Sooyoung .

            Yoona blushed while Taecyeon lightly smiles. “Shut up.” Yoona embarrassedly whispered.

            “Aww somebody is blushing.” Sooyoung continues to .

            Yoona jump to her feet, “I’m going to the library.” She said with a red face. She glanced at him, sending message to him.

            “I’ll go with you.” Taecyeon volunteered.

            “You’re leaving me here? Seriously, since the day you guys start dating, you’ve been ignoring me.” Seulong complained. “I feel so lonely Taecyeon.” He tried pout cutely.

             “He’s not your boyfriend.” Said Yoona. She grabs Taecyeon left arm and pull him with her.

            Taking the nearest exit, they were out of the building and in the sidewalk. Students and professors walks on the same sidewalk toward their direction, however, they were busy talking to each other and didn’t notice Yoona holding Taecyeon hand tightly. Before they could get and closer or notice, Yoona let go of Taecyeon hand but remain close beside him. Their walks to the library were quiet but full of love and happiness as they take turns glancing at each other.

* * * *

            At night at the theater, staffs are preparing for the show that will happen in half an hour. Yoona along with Mr. Ok takes care of the stage while Taecyeon handles the systems such as lights, microphone, and controlling from the top. The doors open, guests hand their ticket to the ticket collector before approaching their seat. Sooyoung and Mrs. Im had VIP membership granted by Taecyeon and Mr. Ok, so Lee Jin put them in the same balcony room on the third level.

            Directing orchestra, dancers, actresses, and actors into their position, Yoona finally take a moment to inhale and exhale lightly. She turn around with her body facing the audience, she looks up at the forth floor in the building and sees Taecyeon operating the systems. She gave a weak smile as she watches him from below.

            “Yoona!” Sooyoung happily shouted from the balcony porch.

            Yoona quickly look over where the shout came from and sees Sooyoung in the same room with her mom. She happily wave at her back before she turns back around and resume her work. With the audience seated and preparation are done, the show begin.

            The show is going well. Dancers, actors, and actresses taking turn being in the lights and in front of the audiences. Cheering echoes and claps vibrating in the grand room. Yoona smiles behind the stage seeing how well the show is proceeding, but when she looks up at where Taecyeon is, her smiles disappear. Somehow, she finds his serious face very attractive tonight. She know he is always serious at work, but never this serious. Hugging the clipboard in her arms, she watches him from the side.

* * * *

            Walking into her room as she dries her soft silky hair with a towel, Yoona walks to her bed and seat at the end. Her cellphone rings and vibrate on the nightstand. She picks up her phone and look at the caller ID.

            “~Taecyeon Oppa~”

            Yoona slide the green arrow across the screen and put her phone against her ear. “Yeoboseyo?”

            “My guess is right.”

            “What guess?”

            “That you’re not that easily asleep.”

            “I just got out of the bathroom, my hair is still wet.”       

            “Do you want me to help you dry it?”

            “No—no. I thought you’re asleep.”

            “It’s still too early. I’m not tire. Anyway, I still didn’t get what I want yet.”

            “What do you want?”

            “Guess?”

            Yoona hesitate as she make a guess. She thought for quiet a bit before she decided to give up after she felt his present really close by. “Are you in front of my room right now?” She asked.

            “Yes.”

            “Why are you in front of my room?”

            “I told you already, you have to guess.”

            “You’re weird and mysterious. I don’t know what you’re thinking.”

            “I’m weird and mysterious? Yah! You’re the weird one. You stare at me that whole performance.”

            “I—I”

            “I what? Don’t think I didn’t catch you watching me from the side. I see everything from the above.”

            “Anyway, why are you in front of me? If you make me guess, I’m just going to hang up.”

            “Fine, open the door.”

            “Why? What are you going to give me? What will you get from me?”

            “Just open the door.” Said Taecyeon annoyingly. “Or else I’ll barge in.”

            “Wait, omma and appa are down stairs. You’re going to get us caught.”

            “I don’t care.”

            “Oppa.” She whined.

            “One… two…”

            When he started counting, Yoona know he will barge in if she doesn’t open the door. Immediately, she rushes to the door, hoping to lock it, but it was too late. The door to her room open, a small breeze blew softly at her then suddenly soft lips crash on her. Her eyes flew wide in surprised. Everything has freeze, the time have stop ticking and tacking. Suddenly everything fades into midnight blue with light blue on the bottom, thousand of stars sparkling around them; it’s just like fantasy. Looking into his smiles eyes, she feels his warm smiles against her lips before he part away from her and close the door.

            “That’s what I want from you. A goodnight kiss.”

            Still holding her phone by her ear, she heard everything, perfectly clear.

            “Many night have passed without you by my side at night. Eventhough I desperately want you by my side every night… but I can’t because I know our parent is home and you’re not ready to tell them yet. I promise you I’ll wait, so I’ll wait tell you’re ready but I hope you won’t make me wait that long.”

            “Oppa…”

            Taecyeon lightly laughs as he rest his back against her door. “I don’t know when I become like this…. afraid, uncertain, and doubt.” Yoona walks to her door—turn around—and rest her back against the door as she continues to listen to his voice over the phone. “That’s is why I want a kiss from you tonight before the night end. A kiss to remind me why I love you so much.”

            “Saranghamnida.” Yoona whispered softly with a warm smile.

            “Wh—what?” Taecyeon stuttered in shocked.

            “Saranghae oppa. Yoona love Taecyeon oppa forever.” She said. “Yoona promise oppa Yoona will never leave you.”

            Taecyeon shyly smiles, “Jjinja?”

            “I promise.” She whispered sweetly.

            The two of them stand smiling at an open space as they lean their back against one door with their phone at their ear, listening to each other voice as the time continues to tick and tock. Like this, they spent a pleasant night together eventhough there is a door is separating them.

 

To be continues……………….