Ch. 37: A bar fight

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

        Ever since Yoona ended their relationship, nothing have gone right. There are not more smiles, happiness, or voices around; it is just soundless. Sitting on her bed, resting her back against the bedhead, she looks through his sketchbook, his mom bracelet, and the reminiscences of happy moment with him left her regrets and sadness. Now all she can hope is that he would come home, if only for just a moment, that is all she asked for. Even if he is home, everything can never be the same anymore. They can stop and face each other anymore. Words will be from theirs eyes and facial expression. Worst, he would walk away, pretending she was never there. She know he is deeply hurt by her choice…her decision to put her mom and Mr. Ok first before their relationship. All she can do now is embrace her leg and silently cries in her room.

         Tonight, Taecyeon decided to come home knowing that he can’t hide forever. Inserting the key into the lock and punching the password, the door unlocked and Taecyeon lightly pushed the door. The sound of the door creaked echoes the house. Mrs. Im came rushing to the front door and sees him standing at the doorway.

         “Taecyeon.” Mrs. Im said in shocked.

         He was a mess; a five o’clock shadow beard, and hopeless and sleepless eyes. He walks down the hall after closing the door, weakly bowed his head to her then silently and coldly ignoring whatever is in front and around him. He did not want to face her, not wanting to show his weak self to her.

         “Stop there.” Mr. Ok demand from the living after seeing his reckless son rudely ignored Mrs. Im. “Where have you been this past weeks? Tonight you decided to come home with that attitude of yours.”

          Hearing Mr. Ok voice angers him. The fires inside him continue to boil him as he grips his fists tightly.

         “You can’t talk now? Not even a word to your omma or me?”

         Sitting on her bed in sadness, Yoona hear from the living room. Quickly she got out of her bed and rush down the stair only to stair half way after seeing him Taecyeon.

         Mr. Ok put his newspaper aside and stood. “Where have you been? Partying? Playing around in the city? So you decided to come home tonight.” Taecyeon stubbornly ignored him and continues to the stair. He said in an angry tone. “Ok Taecyeon! When will you learn to grow up! You turn and speak to me now!” He yelled.

         “Yobo, stop yelling at him.” Said Mrs. Im.

         Taecyeon came when he sees Yoona at the middle of the stairway. He stopped. In a quiet moment, the two of them looked at each other in miserable; his sad and miserable eyes, and her guilty and pleading eyes. The presence of Mr. Ok angry and Mrs. Im worriedly watching from below alert Taecyeon to end the moment by proceeding to his room. Closer and closer, they are now at the same step. Yoona’s fingers slightly moving—shaking, it want to reach out for his and hold his hand tightly, but the eyes from below hold her back from doing so. He walked passed her. Sending a cold breeze that stop her heart, the breeze was cold, lonely, and hurt.

            “Taecyeon oppa…” She can only whispered his name sadly inside her head. Pleading him to forgive her.

* * * *

             Hours have passed, Mr. Ok, Mrs. Im, and Yoona gather at the dinning table ready for dinner.

             “Yoona, why don’t you go called Taecyeon down to join us?” Said Mrs. Im.

             Yoona surprisingly look at her mom. Is she not scare of them betraying her? Is she not scare that they will do something? With a gentle smile, Mrs. Im confirm her trust on her. Yoona look over at Mr. Ok, who is reading the newspaper, before she head to the stairs and up to Taecyeon’s room. She knock lightly on the door, waiting patiently for him to open the door, however, no response. She tried again, knocking and waiting, but he did not open the door. Yoona grab on the doorknob and turn to open the door but it was lock.

             “Taecyeon oppa.” Yoona called him. Waiting for a bit, hoping he would response but sadly no. “If you don’t…. if you don’t want to see me. I can hide in my room whenever you’re home. Just don’t do this to yourself.”

             Stubbornly ignoring her as he sit on the floor facing his balcony. He stares at the moon.

             “Please oppa…. there are more in this world waiting for you. Maybe someday…. someday you will find someone better than me… someone that will love you more than me…” Her voice trembles as she speak. “Just don’t bury yourself in the dark.”

             He closed his eyes, trapping the tears inside as he heart aching beats to her voices. The unbearable pain, the hope and love he once had are suffocating him, killing him inside out.

             “Taecyeon oppa….” She whispered sadly. Resting her right hand on his door, she feels the pain within him. Uncontrollable tears running down her cheeks, she wishes herself to disappeared in this world so that she would not be in this pain and so would Taecyeon.

             Unsuccessfully getting Taecyeon to join her and rest for dinner. She quietly sat down on the chair and eat with them. Mrs. Im glances at her, noticing how puffy and red it gotten within a short time. She knew Yoona had cried. She knew Taecyeon was hiding in his room. 

             Sitting on the floor in his room, staring at the full moon, he pick up his phone beside him and dial Seulong numbers.

             “Yeoboseyo.” Seulong answered. “What took you so long to called me back?”

             “Are you free? Lets grab some drink.” Said Taecyeon.

             “Drink? You mean to the bar now?” Seulong asked.

             “I meet you at the Dae-ho bar in thirty minutes.” He said before he hung up.

             Taking a deep breath before he stand up, grab, his jacket, and walk out of the room. Down the stairs and into the living, he stopped for a moment and sees everybody at the dinning table, eating dinner. Yoona’s body froze when she sees him standing on the other side of the room looking at her. Mr. Ok looked over at Taecyeon and noticed him getting ready to go out.

             “Where are you going this late?” Mr. Ok asked.

             With everybody attention on him now, he looked away and resume his walk to the front door.

             “Stop there!” Mr. Ok shouted fiercely.

             Taecyeon stopped but did not turn and looked at him.

             “Where do you think you’re going this late after you just got home a couple hours ago?” Mr. Ok enquired him. “Out partying again? Getting drunk? Making a mess that I might not be able to clean up?”

             “Taecyeon-ah, you just got home. Maybe you should come join us. You can go out tomorrow.” Said Mrs. Im gently.

             Taecyeon arrogantly ignored them.

             “I asked, ‘where are you going?’” Mr. Ok repeated. “ So now you don’t talk to me anymore? You think I’m the bad guy for breaking you and Yoona apart? This is all for you good.”

             Taecyeon felt an anger rushing in him as he hand roll tightly into a ball.              “Now you want to punch me? So this is the attitude I get for trying to straighten this family out, so there can be no shame in this family. Ok Taecyeon, this attitude of yours really need to change. Since the day, she died you have became a….”

             “Don’t speak of omma.” Taecyeon spoke with anger.

             “Why can’t I? She’s my wife. You think I’m not sad she passed. I’m sad too, but I can’t be sad forever. I have to move on, live on.” Said Mr. Ok.

             “Sad? Your wife?” He finally lifted his head up and looked at Mr. Ok. “If she was the wife you love then you wouldn’t go off and marry another woman. Maybe you planned this.”

             Mr. Ok angrily jolt on his feet with a cup in his hand and throw at him. Both Mrs. Im and Yoona covered their mouth in shock as the glass shattered down on the floor.

             “Apologize right now!” Mr. Ok exclaimed.

             “For what? I didn’t say any thing wrong.”

             “You!” Mr. Ok fiercely point at Taecyeon. “How did I have a son like you? What did I do to have this son?”

             “You ask yourself that question. You are the one that give me life.” Taecyeon stuttered hurtfully. “Then you take away omma life and remarried. You must plan all of this out perfectly.”

             “OK TAECYEON!” Mr. Ok exclaimed. “Apologize to your mom and sister right now!”

             “I have no sister. I have no mom! I have only one mom and she is Ok Jimin!” Taecyeon raised voice at him. “For the last time, and I mean last time, They are not my family!” Inhaling and exhaling heavily, he intensely looks at Yoona, who is hurtfully looking at him.

             Taecyeon turn to the front door and storm out of the house, slamming the door behind him. Mr. Ok falls back to his chair, breathing heavily as he tries to calm himself down.

             “Yobo….” Mrs. Im worriedly called him. “Maybe it’s better if Yoona and I go away for now.” She suggested.

             “No, you and Yoona stay. You two did nothing wrong.” Mr. Ok said. “Lets eat.” He resumes eating.

             Dinner became silent. Sitting at the dinning table, everybody eyes were on their own bowl of rice. The thought of Taecyeon continues to drown her mind and worrisome. She can’t focus.

             Sitting at table by the wall in the bar and staring at the table as the music play loudly and girls trying approach him; to him everything in his world was mute and invisible. Seulong came rushing into the bar, stop at the entrance and look around the place. Knowing Taecyeon quiet and anti-social personality and would not sit in the crowd or anywhere near the crowd, Seulong start from the corner. Luckily, his guessed was right. Taecyeon was sitting in the corner isolated from other. Consuming one bottle after another, Seulong walks and stop him before he drowns himself in beer.

             The hot server walks up to them, smiling seductively at both men, “Do you need anymore beers?” The server asked.

             “No.” Said Seulong.

             “Okay, let me no if you need more.” Said the server with a wink at them before walking away. 

             “Give me my beer.” Said Taecyeon.

             “You drink enough already.” Said Seulong. “This is about Yoona again right?”

             Taecyeon did not answer and snap his beer back and drink it.

             Seulong sighed softly, “Alright, we’ll just sit here until you’re ready to go home.”

             Taecyeon raise his hand up for the server. Seulong pull his hand down, prohibiting him from ordering anymore.

             “No more. Too much for you already.” Said Seulong. Taecyeon flashed hopeless and blunt look before he stares back at the table. “Drinking will not erased anything, it will only hurt you, draw you to hell.”

             “If it can, then I wish it kill me already.” Said Taecyeon in gloomy tones.

             Cracking peanut shell, eating and throwing the shell on the table, Seulong watches Taecyeon miserable sink himself in alcohol. “Sadly, it can’t. I’m watching you, bro.” He said. He takes a sip of beer before he speaks again. “So what are you going to do now? The school is spreading rumors and gossips about you and Yoona having relationship. Suzy has become mysterious and probably mad, but is not doing anything. Why is everything happening this year?” He sighed.

             No reply, Taecyeon sat in silent as he guzzle beer down his throat and stare at the small round table. Thunder with his gang walk into the bar. Checking out the ladies at the dancing floor, his eyes flew to a familiar face. A smirk across his face, he walks over to the table in the corner.

             “Well guess who we have here tonight?” Thunder easily spoke. He took a few peanuts off the plate and peals the shell off. “What’s wrong? Did something happen with you and your ? Is she tire of you?”

             Taecyeon sharply glares at him. Thunder smirk, one of his gang took a bottle from the bucket and drink it himself.

             “What do you want?” Said  Seulong irritatedly . “Don’t you have someplace to go with your dogs?” He boldly said.

             “Mwuh! Say it again.” His gang exclaimed with their fists grip tightly, ready to fight.

             “If I were you, I would watch my mouth.” Thunder threatened him.

              “Leave.” Said Taecyeon stonily.

             “What if I don’t want too?” Thunder daringly said. “Look at you right now, you are like . Did that dump you already? Did she get tired of you already and find herself a better man?” Taecyeon angrily grips his fists at Thunder continues to push his button. “Now that I think about it. You must enjoying sleeping with your sister. So who will be next? Your mom, your cousin?” Thunder continues to insult him. “Your family really disgust me, but I would like to see how good your sister is on bed. Maybe one day I’ll get a chance with her…..”

             Taecyeon jolt to his feet and throw a fierce punch across Thunder face. Seulong stood and tackles a couple of Thunder gangs aside. One of thunder gang kick Taecyeon at his chest. Falling back a couple step, Taecyeon stable stand again and throw a fist at his face then a spin kick at his neck. Thunder got back on his feet and charge at Taecyeon unexpectedly—throwing surprise punches and knees at him. The fight gets more intense with people surrounding them, watching them fights furiously. Seulong throwing them to the wall like they weight nothing. Thunder tumbling back after a kick in the chest from Taecyeon, he grabbed a bottle –looking at one of his people—signaling him to make a move—Thunder watch his man tackle Taecyeon, keeping him in place. Sneakily he makes his way up to Taecyeon and swing his right arm up.

Seulong caught Thunder holding onto a beer bottle and ready to strike Taecyeon with it, he shouted. “Taecyeon, watch out!”

             Warning Taecyeon, but it was too late. The bottle have broken in half. The bottom half of the bottle shatters into pieces. Thunder and his man retreat a couple steps after seeing Taecyeon stiffly standing there with blood running down for the side of his forehead. Seulong angrily grab a chair and smash at the guys before he rush over to Taecyeon.

             “Bro, are you okay?” Seulong concernly asked.

             Taecyeon blankly stares at the floor, trying to get his conscious back. Security guards finally come running through the crowds—trying to get to them before they start fighting again. Thunder and his gangs make a run before they get caught. Seulong put Taecyeon right arm at his shoulder and help him leave the club before getting caught by the security. Tucking Taecyeon into the passenger seat first before running to his, Seulong drives away just in time.

             “Taec!” Seulong called him. “Taec, are you okay man? Don’t scare me. Do you want to go hospital?”

             “I’m fine.” Taecyeon finally answered him. He shook his head a couple, correcting his vision.

             “Taec, you’re bleeding.” Said Seulong.

             “I said I’m fine. Just take me home.” Said Taecyeon.

             Knowing Taecyeon does not like going to the hospital, Seulong hopelessly drove to the Ok’s resident. Fifteen minutes later, Seulong is in front of the Ok’s house. He turns off his engine and run over to the passenger side. He sees Taecyeon falling to the ground after trying to get out of the car. Seulong help him up to his feet and walks to the front door. Pressing his index finger on the doorbell rapidly, Taecyeon tries to get the house key out of his pocket, but he is unstable to do so. Mrs. Im came running to the door after hearing the doorbell ringing repeatly fast.

             “Oh my god! Taecyeon!” Mrs. Im shockingly shouted.

 

Too be continue………

 

Sorry everyone, I've been super busy lately that I could not update regularly or like I want. All I can say for now is that I'll try my best to update as much as I can, but no promise. Thank you for your patient. ^_^