Ch. 15: I want to be with you

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

             The next morning, waking up to the soft chiming of the birds. She lift her upper body up and inhales deeply a couple times. Pulling the blanket off her, she moves her feet down to the floor and walks to the door. Walking to the bathroom, Yoona stop in front of Taecyeon’s room. Reaching her right hand out to the doorknob, she grabbed it and twists it to the right, opening the door to his room. The bed is still neat and untouched. The rolling chair have not move at all.

            “He didn’t come home.” Yoona sadly whispered before she closed the door. “He confessed to me. Things are getting more complicated. What am I suppose to do? Why is problem happening to me?” She sighed in distressed.

            After a moment of standing in front of his room, she walks into the bathroom and wash up, changing into her casual clothes. She walks down the stairs to the kitchen. Mr. Ok and Mrs. Im are already at the dinning table. Yoona force smiles on her face as she joins them at the table.

            “Morning.” Yoona greeted them.

            “Good morning.” Mrs. Im and Mr. Ok greeted her back.

            “Tonight show starts at 9. I need you to be there two hours early for the preparation.” Said Mr. Ok.

            “Okay appa.” Said Yoona. Picking up the chopstick, she looks across the table at Taecyeon’s seat. “Did Taecyeon oppa leave already?”

            “I don’t know.” Mrs. Im answered. “I didn’t see him coming home last night.”

            “Maybe he did after we all already fall asleep and left early.” Mr. Ok guessed. “Don’t worry, he have all of ours numbers.”

            Yoona unhappily eat breakfast.

            An hour later, Yoona was at school and walking to class with Sooyoung, but at time searching for Taecyeon. His absent worries her.

            “Yoona.” Sooyoung called her after seeing her strange action. “Yoona.” She tried again. Yoona finally looks at Sooyoung. “Who are you looking for?” She asked.

            “No one.” Yoona lied.           

            “Then why are you looking around, from left to right.” Said Sooyoung curiously.

            “I just want umm…. I just want to see if the fight yesterday cause any scandals.” Said Yoona nervously.

            “Oh it did, but not too big.” Said Sooyoung. “Guess what?” She happily smiles as she grabbed Yoona’s right wrist. Yoona clueslessly looks at her. “I got a ticket to a musical show at your parent theater.”

            “What? Why?” Yoona surprisingly asked. “You could have told me, I would have gotten you a passed with my mom.” She said.

            “Next time, but this time I have to buy my own to support Stairway to heaven musical. Ahh!!” She excited squealed. Yoona delightedly smiles. “I’m so excite for tonight. I think Siwon oppa will be there.” The smiles on Yoona face disappear when Siwon name is mention. “What?” Sooyoung asked.

            “Nothing.” Said Yoona.

            “Did you think about what I said to you on yesterday?” Sooyoung asked.

            Yoona didn’t react nor respond to her question.

            “Then I want to add something to what I say to you on yesterday.” Said Sooyoung. “I can’t change your mind, feeling, and how you think, but I do want to give you an advice. Love has no boundaries. Whether you already have a person at your heart, you have to think of the consequences. For example, brotherly-sisterly love is even if it is stepbrother-stepsister. You may have support from other, but there is always someone objecting this relationship. Though I have nothing against it since you two are not blood related, you still have to think of the people around you.” Sooyoung words were soulful and righteous that it caught Yoona full attention. “Think about.” She repeated.

            She knew she have to make up her mind somehow and fast. If she continues to hesitate, she will only hurt both sides. Sooyoung words gave her another reason why she could not accept Taecyeon.

* * *

            Sitting in the second class, Yoona looks out the window at Taecyeon. Standing outside the class, Taecyeon listened to Hyori lectures with Thunder. Hyori asks for the reason why the fight happens, but Taecyeon refuse to answer her. Thunder arrogantly ignores Hyori, zoning out into his happy little world.

Giving Hyori no choice but to surrender and walks back into class. Taecyeon walk to a table in the far right of the room, where Seulong sit and waits for him. Thunder sat in the center of the room, in front of Suzy and her girls. Yoona and Sooyoung sat in the left side of the room.

            “Okay, after what happen yesterday in the auditorium, I hope it does not happen again.” Said Hyori tiringly. “I may not know the reason why, but I do want to warn everybody that the rumors have spread. Luckily it is not big, so it did not get to the chairman ears, yet. So both of you…” Hyori look at Thunder and Taecyeon, “are not suspend, but is on the first strike. Two more strike then I’ll have you suspended for the semester and a failing grade with a report.” She warned them.

            Thunder was just smiles at Hyori, while Taecyeon put no attention in her warning as he stare at the table. Hyori open her textbook and begin to give lecture to the class.

            Seulong held the book up, covering his mouth. “So what really happen yesterday?” He quietly asked. “Is this about Yoona?”

            Taecyeon snatch a quick glimpse Yoona before he looks back down at the table with his lips shut.

            “This is about her, huh?” Seulong follow his intense, knowing it is correct. “What did Thunder say to you? I see him mouthing you something?” 

            “Nothing.” Taecyeon said.

            “Don’t lie. He did say something to you.” Seulong digging for more details. “Anyway, I heard Yoona is going a date with Siwon this Thursday.” Taecyeon quickly looks at him. “I heard it from one of the nurse who happen to pass by and overheard them talk after we left.” He explained to him.

            “I think sooner or later, you will have a brother-in-law.” Said Seulong with smiles.

            Taecyeon give him glares, a sign to tell him to shut up.

            Seulong nervously gulp. “I’m just letting you know.”

            “Who is talking?” Hyori angrily asked.

            Seulong quickly put his book down and pretend to take notes. Taecyeon just stiffly sat with a lead pencil in his right hand. Yoona looks over at Taecyeon side and sees Taecyeon looking at her. Yoona nervously looks back at her notebooks. Taecyeon take out his cellphone and text her a message. Yoona cellphone vibrate. She dig in her purse for her cellphone—takes it out—and view the message. “I have made up my mind. I want to be with you, Yoona. –Taecyeon.” After reading his message, her cheek roses red as her heart nervous beats. She takes a shy glance at him before responding his message. “I’m sorry oppa. –Yoona.” Yoona put her phone back in her purse after sending him a reply and before Sooyoung sees the message he sent to her. Her apologized puzzle—frustrate him. Ignoring him the whole class, it was time for the second class. Yoona pack her books in the bag and carry it on her shoulder. She walks to the exit. Taecyeon quickly walks up to her and grabs her wrist and pulls her to the side.

            “Yoona.” Taecyeon softly called her name.

            “You didn’t come home last night.” Yoona said without looking at him.

            “I was at the theater.” Taecyeon truthfully answered her. “I wanted to be alone.”

            “You could have told me that instead of lying to me.” Said Yoona nervously.

            Taecyeon guiltily sighed before speaking again. “I need to talk to you.”

            Sooyoung and Seulong just dumbly looks at each other then back at Taecyeon and Yoona.

            “I don’t have time. We can talk tonight at home.” Said Yoona uncomfortably.

            “No. I want to talk to you now.” Said Taecyeon as he looks at her. “Wh—what do you mean ‘I’m sorry’? Are you avoiding me now?” He asked.

            “No—no.” She lied.

            “Then look at me and tell me what you mean by that.”

            Yoona hesitate to do what he wants. Suzy walks up Taecyeon jealously and grabbed onto his right wrist, pulling it away from Yoona wrist.

            “Taecyeon oppa, can I talk to you?” Suzy asked. “It’s important.”

            Secretly looking to the side, Yoona sees Suzy slowly moving her hand down to his, making her outrageously jealous.

            “Yoona, are you really gonna go with him?” Taecyeon asked, hoping he will get her to look at him and answer him. But sadly, she silent saddens him.

            “Sooyoung, we have to get to class.” Said Yoona before she rush out of the room with Sooyoung quickly following her.

            Taecyeon hurtful chuckle as he watches her hurriedly walking away from him.

            Within in a couple minutes, Sooyoung and Yoona arrived to their next class. “Yoona, what’s wrong with you? Why are you in such a hurry?” Sooyoung curiously asked.

            “I—I don’t want to be late.” Said Yoona nervously.

            “Yah today is Wednesday. We just finished our last class. We don’t have anymore class.” Sooyoung reminded her. “Chasing after you, I didn’t even get a chance to stop by the snacks or a drinks vending machines.” She complained.

            “Sorry, I—I forgot.” Said Yoona clumsily. “I thought today was Thursday.”

            “Why? You’re excited for the date?” Sooyoung .

            “No.” Yoona immediately answer, it was more like she was to hide from Taecyeon after he confessed to her last night.  

            “Then what?” Sooyoung nosily asked.

            “I just—I… just don’t ask. I don’t know.” Said Yoona frustratedly. She takes out a snack bar and gives it to Sooyoung hoping to keep close. “Here, eat this.”  

            Sooyoung happily accept the bar. “Thank you. I love you so much. You are a lifesaver. No wonder a lot of guys like you.” She happily said as she peels the wrapper off.

            The smiles on Yoona face vanished when she think of Taecyeon and his message. She asked herself repeatly, why is she avoiding? Is it because Sooyoung words have greatly affects her in some ways? Sooyoung did tell that every love story have a consequence whether it is good or not, it will effect the relationship in some way. This really bothers her. Yoona already have set her mind to forget him… to push the feeling she had for him away, knowing that it can never happen. She have no confidence in herself nor the relationship with Taecyeon if it happens.

* * *

            “What do you want?” Taecyeon coldly spoke to Suzy.

            “A talk with you.” Said Suzy.

            “There’s no need.” Said Seulong with his hands tuck inside his pockets. “If you are here to explain why you sent those guys to assault Yoona and her friend, then I recommend you save your breath.”

            Suzy flashed a glare at Seulong then softly and kindly looks at Taecyeon. “I know it selfish and vicious, but it is all because I like you. I know what I did was wrong and you probably hate me for it, but I want you to know that I will always leave a space for you in my heart. I just want you to accept whether as lover or friendship.” Suzy said.

            Seulong disgusting looks away as he knew she was faking all the words she said to him. He felt a pressure climbing up his throat; Seulong patted his chest hoping not to vomit in public. “Wow that was touching.” He jokingly said.

            “Fine. We start as friend.” Taecyeon accepting her, forgiving her for what she have done.

            “What?” Yuri, Gyuri, Suzy, and Seulong were in shock as they look at Taecyeon.

            “Taecyeon oppa?” Yuri confusedly yet wordlessly looks at him.

            “I mean… thank you Taecyeon oppa.” Suzy happily said.

            “This will be the only chance you get.” Taecyeon emotionlessly looks at her.

            “Yah, are you okay?” Seulong asked.

            Not answering him, Taecyeon turn to the exit and walks out of the room hopelessly.

            “Yah! Taec!” Seulong called for him as he went after him.

            “It’s finally happen. I’m finally getting what I want.” Suzy happily said.

            “Taecyeon oppa is acting weird lately.” Yuri quietly whispers to herself. “What is happening with him? Does it have to do with Yoona?” She continues to questions herself about Taecyeon mysterious changes.

            Gyuri and Yuri were just shock as they stood and watch Taecyeon walking further and further away while Suzy happily yet shyly smiles as she holds her hands together. Thunder jealously glares at Suzy after eavesdropping their conversation. Now he is even angrier that Taecyeon have finally taken notice of Suzy and accepting her. He grips his fists tightly the more he stairs at Suzy.

 

To be continue……………