Ch. 10: Are you hurt?

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

           After her first class was over, Yoona peacefully walks to her next class. Entering the room 210, Yoona sees Sooyoung happily waving her right hand in the air and walks over to her, passing Suzy, Yuri, and Gyuri, who gave her ignorant-disgust glares. Yoona uncomfortably walks to Sooyoung and sat beside her. Shortly after Yoona joined Sooyoung in the Theater I class, Taecyeon and Seulong make an entrance. Suzy, Yuri, and Gyuri quickly put on their angelic smiles as they look at Taecyeon, smiling at them sweetly. Standing at the door, Seulong quietly chuckles at the ladies fake expression.

            “Taecyeon oppa.” Suzy called for, waving her hand at him.

            Yoona immediately turn her head to the door and sees Taecyeon looking at her.

            “Awesome, your sister is here. Lets go seat with her and her friend.” Said Seulong,

            Taecyeon coldly walks to the opposite side in the room and sat at the same rows as Yoona. Seulong speechlessly follows him. Suzy angrily puff with her arms cross.

            “Suzy-ah, Taecyeon doesn’t like us. Maybe we should move on….”

            “No.” Suzy cut Gyuri off. “He’s my target. I’m not going to give up till I have him in my hands.”

            “But what if it will never happen?” Said Yuri. Suzy ily glares at Yuri. “I’m just saying what ‘if’.” Yuri corrected her. “A couple days ago, I went camping with him and his new family. I caught him spending times and obediently listen to this new girl.”

            “Who?” Suzy curiously asked.

            “Yoona. His new step-sister.” Said Yuri. She turned her head and glances at Yoona then back at Suzy. “I don’t know what happen between her and Taecyeon oppa, but I do know he cares about her. He even jump into the river and went hiking with her.”

            Rising up the fire in Suzy, she deviously glares at Yoona. “Who does she thing she is?” Said Suzy.

            “Probably some from the country side.” Said Gyuri.

            “She lived most her life in Tokyo.” Said Yuri. “Just recently move back to Korea last week.”

            Suzy looks back at the board ahead of her, “ I see, a new girl in the city. Let give her a nice welcome” Suzy devious said.  

            The professor entered the class and stood behind the desk in front of the room. “Annyoung everybody. I’m Ms. Lee, Lee Hyori.” Said Hyori. “I’ll be your Theater I and II professor. “Those of you that are in this class today will meet again tomorrow, so get friendly or makes new friends.” She takes a moment to look around the room, memorizing every body face. “I will be calling attendance, please raise your hand with your name is called.” Everybody nodded his or her head. “Alright, Bae Suzy.” Suzy smiles as she raises her hand in the air to her name.  “Choi Sooyoung.” Hyori called her name. Sooyoung raised her hand. “Im Yoona.” Hyori continues. Yoona raise her hand. Taecyeon glances at her. Suzy caught him staring Yoona. “Im Seulong.” Seulong swift his right hand in the air like lightning. “Kwon Yuri. Park Gyuri.” The girls smile to the Hyori. Hyori continues to her call out names; one by one raise her hand.  “Ok Taecyeon.” Calling out his name, Hyori turn her head to look at him. “Once again you are in my class. Boys, you got a long record with me.” Said Hyori. Taecyeon bluntly looks at her. Hyori put her pen down, “I hope this semester you and Seulong won’t be late to my class. Six tardy and absent will result you an F.”

            Looking to her right, Yoona softly glances at Taecyeon, who coldly looks away. Sighed hopelessly, Hyori she turns her attention back to the class an open her books, flipping a couple page. Hyori begins to lectures the class. The room becomes quiet as they take diligent notes except Taecyeon, who blank out in his own worlds as he spin the mechanical pencil in his right hand. Seulong have occupied himself over the phone, texting and browsing the Internet. Caught Seulong quietly giggling at the table, Hyori walks over to them and smack her ruler on the table, startling Seulong and awaken Taecyeon from his own world. Seulong immediately put his phone away and nervously smiles at Hyori. Yoona glances over at Taecyeon, who still stares at the table. Somehow today, she felt awkwardly jealous seeing how many ladies are so close to him. She doesn’t like this feeling her at all, but can help and glances at him. Hyori walks back to the front center of the room and continues lecturing the class.

            “We seriously left a deep impression to her.” Seulong whispered to Taecyeon.

* * *

            Class finally ended, looking at the clock, it’s already late noon. Majority students stay on campus for lunch while many others left the campus. Yoona and Sooyoung walks to their locker first before heading to the cafeteria where Yoona spotted Taecyeon sitting by the window with Seulong eating his lunch. Yoona and Sooyoung grabbed their lunch—paid for it—before searching for seats. Seeing the girls struggling to find seats, Seulong wave his hand at Yoona, offering them seats. Sooyoung happily pulled Yoona over to Taecyeon and Seulong table. Yoona sat beside him while Sooyoung seat beside Seulong. Yoona softly looks at Taecyeon, who is ignoring her by looking out the window.

            “Annyoung oppa.” Yoona greeted Taecyeon, but he coldly ignore her. She hopelessly sighed as she looks at her food tray.

            “Annyoung, I’m Seulong.” He introduced himself to Sooyoung.

            “I’m Choi Sooyoung.” She happily returned the greeting. “Thanks for the seat.

            “No problem, a friend of Taecyeon and Yoona is a friend of mine.” Said Seulong. “So how is your first day?” He asked the girls.

            “It’s good so far.” Said Sooyoung.

            Seulong looks at Yoona, waiting for her answer. “Same.” She simply answered.

            Seulong nodded his head lightly, “What are you girls majoring?”

            “Fashion Design.” Said Yoona.

            “Modeling and Design.” Sooyoung answered.

            “That’s nice. I think you will be a great model.” Seulong commented.

            Sooyoung confidently smiles. Suzy, Gyuri, and Yuri entered the Campus main cafeteria. Standing at the doorway, Suzy looks around the room for Taecyeon. Immediately, Suzy spotted him with Yoona.

            “See? Taecyeon oppa treats her special.” Yuri added.     

            Suzy fiercely walk to Taecyeon’s table and stand in front of the table. Giving Yoona her dislike look before she smiles to Taecyeon.

            “Hi Taecyeon oppa.” Suzy greeted him. Taecyeon coldly ignore her. “How was your break? How was your birthday? Sorry I wasn’t here for your birthday.”

            Yoona jolt and looks at him. She didn’t know his birthday have passed. Taecyeon reluctantly looks at the table.

            “Since I wasn’t there for your birthday, is there anything you want? I can get it for you.” Suzy seductively looks at him.

            Yoona uncomfortable tries to swallow her food, but with Suzy present, she still felt abruptly disturb. “I’m done.” She said. “Sooyoung, can you come with me to the library?” She asked her.

            Sooyoung happily nod, she also wished to leave this awkward moment at the table. Yoona and Sooyoung lightly bowed their head to Seulong before leaving the table. Yuri and Gyuri deviously smirk at them. Taecyeon watches Yoona leave the cafeteria after throwing her trash away. Lifting his head up, he looks at Suzy. 

            “We not are close. I don’t recall you being one of my close friends. I don’t recall anything happening between us.” Said Taecyeon stonily. Taecyeon threw his fork at the table before he stand and leave the room.

            Suzy heavily and angrily puff. Biting her lips, she glares at him.

            “You just got serve. Why don’t you girls look at yourself in the mirror first?” Seulong added. “That way you will know what’s missing and what’s too much.” Seulong smiles before he walks away.

            “Yah!” Gyuri angrily exclaimed.

            “Im Seulong.” Yuri angrily called his name. “How dare you!”

            Suzy grinned her teeth as she looks out the window and sees Yoona and Sooyoung heading toward the library. “Get me the guys.” She ordered.

            The girls look at Suzy confusedly before following her orders.

            After leaving the library and about half a mile away, a bunch of guys surround Yoona and Sooyoung. They uneasily and frightenly tried to walk away, but they keep blocking them.

            “Wh—what do you want?” Sooyoung frightenly asked.

            “Just to see the person that makes my lady unhappy.” Said the 1st male.

            “She want us to give you a little welcome since both of you came back from Tokyo.” Said the 2nd male.

            Yoona and Sooyoung puzzling look at them.

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Said Yoona. She grabbed Sooyoung wrist and pulled her out of the group. The 3rd male runs to them, blocking their focus.

            “Wait.” Said the 3rd male. “We are not done yet.”

            Yoona boldly looks at him. “Move are else I will call for help.” She daringly said.

            “The 4th male claps his hands as he walks up to Yoona. “Very daring I like it.” He said. He lightly touches Yoona face. “You are very pretty.”

            Yoona quickly pushes him away and talk out her cellphone, getting ready to dial for help. The 1st male grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

            “Who said you can make a call?” The 1st male rudely glares at her. “What the to do think you are doing?”

            Sooyoung push the 1st male away with all her strength, making him fall to the ground.

            “You .” The 1st male stands up and raises his right hand in the air, ready to slap Sooyoung.

            Yoona pulled Sooyoung behind her. With her eyes closed, she was ready to be slap by a stranger. No pain, Yoona opens her eyes and sees Taecyeon holding the 1st male wrist in the air—stopping it with his strength. Seulong a couple steps beside Taecyeon and Sooyoung.

            “Who the hell are you?” The 1st male grunted in pain.

            “Taecyeon oppa.” Yoona whispered in relief.

            “Who give you permission to slap her?” Said Taecyeon, glaring at him.

            “This is none of your business.” Said the 1st male, trying to break free from his grips. “Let go of my wrist you piece of !”

            “It my business!” Taecyeon fiercely kick him the stomach, sending him flying back a couple feet.

            “Ahh!” Yoona and Sooyoung squealed in terror. They swiftly covered their mouth.

            The group attacks, charging at Taecyeon and Seulong. “This should be fun.” Seulong smirk as he crack his knuckles—warming himself up before he grabbed the 2nd male right arm and throw a fierce punch across his face. The 1st male got up and joined the fight, fighting with Seulong. Taecyeon duck the 3rd male kick then speedily punch him across the face angrily a couple time. The 4th males frightenly watches Taecyeon brutally punch his friend; he looks around for a stick. He snapped a branch from a tree then sneak up to Taecyeon and swings it at his back.

            “Oh my god.” Sooyoung said in terror.

            “Taecyeon oppa!” Yoona shouted in horror. 

            Taecyeon turn around fast enough to block the swing with his left arm, breaking the branch in half.  The 4th male swing the broken branch at Taecyeon again slicing his left lower arm, a couple inches below his elbow ad near his wrist, with sharp wood. Yoona’s heart drops dead seeing Taecyeon’s blood. Ignoring the pain as he tries to control his left arm from shaking rapidly in pain, Taecyeon threw a punch at his face and furiously swift his right leg in the air and kick the 4th male in the stomach, sending him flying back in the air. Storming up to him, Yoona grabbed Taecyeon right arm—stop him—and turning his body around to face her. Unable to control his anger, he mistaken Yoona as one of the guys and nearly punch her, but stop when he confusedly sees tears running down her cheeks.     

            “Stop…please stop oppa.” Yoona pleaded.

            Jumbled by her tears, Taecyeon lower his fist. Seulong threw the 1st male into the tree before he worriedly looks at Taecyeon after he heard Yoona shouted. The groups grunt in pain as they tries to stand on their two feet. Inhaling and exhaling heavy as they gave one last look at Taecyeon, Yoona, Sooyoung, and Seulong, they retreat.

            “This is not over.” Said the 1st male before he sprints away.

Seeing blood drips on the ground, Sooyoung and Seulong rush to Taecyeon. “Your arm.” Seulong concernly said as he watches blood dripping down to the ground. “How did this happen?”

            “Take him to the medical room.” Sooyoung suggest.

            Taecyeon emotionlessly looks at his left arm then back at Yoona. Tears still running down her cheek, he lifts his right hand up and wipes her tears away gently. “Are you okay?” He voice was soft and gentle as he looks at her. “Are you hurt anywhere else?” He concernly asked her.

            His tone shock Seulong. Seulong have never heard Taecyeon soft and gentle voice ever before. But today is his first time hearing Taecyeon soft side in front of Yoona.

            “You’re bleeding.” Yoona stuttered worriedly as she looks at his left arm.

            Suddenly Siwon and her came across his mind, Taecyeon pulls his right hand back and looks at Seulong. “Take them home.” He said.

            “But what about you?” Seulong concernly asked.

            “I’ll be fine.” Said Taecyeon before he walks away. “It won’t kill me.”

            “Yeah, but it will be an infection if you don’t treat it right away.” Said Seulong. Taecyeon arrogantly looks away. “Dude, stop being so stubborn for once. This is a serious matter.”

            Yoona run to him—grabbed his right arm and stop him again. “I’m taking you to the medical room.” She said.

            “I’m fine. Go home. Don’t tell appa and omma about this.” Said Taecyeon. “It’s just a small cut.”

            “How can I go home when you are like this?” Yoona raised her voice at him. “It’s not a small cut. You are bleeding a lot.”

            “I said I’m fine!” Taecyeon swung his right arm away from her grip and uncontrollably raised his voice at her.

            Yoona stand looking at him as tears continues to shed down her cheek. She doesn’t understand why he’s acting like this? Taecyeon guiltily looks to the side as his body face hers. Seulong and Sooyoung speechless and shocks as they watch them from distant. Taecyeon walks away, fearing he would be weaken by her tears.

            “Fine. Walk away.” Yoona hurtfully said. “Walk away from the world. Walk away from me.”

            Taecyeon’s legs suddenly come to a stop.

            “I really don’t understand why youryou pretend nothing happen… I really don’t understand why you are like this? You said you would change. You told me not to give up hope on you. But how?” Yoona utters tearfully. “But how can I keep hope in you?....... I’m really tired of waiting.”

            Her words were like spells—unbroken and affective as he stiffly stood. He couldn’t move his legs as if it’s no longer under his control. Inhaling and exhaling a couple times, he gripped his hands tightly into a ball. The tearing Yoona walks up to him—grabbed his jacket lightly—she rests her forehead on his broad shoulder.

            “Please stop. Please let me into your world.” Yoona pleaded. “Taecyeon oppa…”

            Listening to her cries suffers his heart; Taecyeon turned around and embrace her tightly. Yoona bury her face in his shoulder, hiding her tears. Sooyoung and Seulong continue to watch Yoona cries in Taecyeon arms.

 

To be continues……………………..