Chapter 22

Mr. Wolf or Mr. Zombie?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hyejung and Hyejin waited for their mother in a bench not far from The Lee’s Boutique. They waited not for a long time. Their mother exited the boutique in a several minutes. She was so shocked seeing her daughters waiting for her.

“I thought you just left,” She said slowly as she approaching them.

“I saw you inside and I decided to wait for you,” Hyejung replied as she stood up. Hyejin just followed her. Hyejin could feel a gloomy tension between them but she couldn’t notice what is it.

“Let’s go home,” Hyejung’s mother muttered and walked away. She tried her best to not showing any sad emotion to her daughters right now.

“Eomma,” Hyejung called as she hold her mother wrist. The elder woman turned her head and gave her small smile, which she noticed it was unsincere. “Ne?”

“Are you okay?” Hyejung asked teared down her mother defence. The woman turned her body and hug Hyejung tightly.

“It’s okat, dear. Everything is okay,” Her hug was too tight to be okay. But Hyejung didn’t say anything againts it. Her mother’s hug was like she afraid to lost Hyejung.

“Don’t take everything by your self, eomma. You have me and Hyejin when appa was not around,” Hyejung patted her mother’s back. They hugged each other for few seconds untill Hyejung’s other broke it. She gave Hyejung assured smile, like what she did everyday.

“Everything’s okay. Let’s go home.”

 

***

 

“Jungie!” Someone called when Hyejung, Hyejin, and their mother just got down from a cab in front of their house.

“Chanyeol?” Hyejung was surprised seeing Chanyeol in front of her house without telling her earlier. “What are you doing here?” She asked suspicious.

“I’m bored at home so I just went here just to see your house locked. Shopping?” He pointed at the shopping bags on the girls hand. She nodded. “For Christmas.”

“Come in Chanyeol. Sorry, for keep you waiting,”  Hyejung’s mother said as she opened the gate.

“Ah annyeong, Aunty, Hyejin,” Chanyeol bowed. “May I borrow Hyejung for a walk? We won’t  be far from here,” Chanyeol asked for permission.

“But I still have to put these things and...” Hyejung excused showing Chanyeol the bags she hold when her mother cutted her excuse, “Go on. I’ll put them inside,” She reached for the bags in Hyejung’s hold and pushed her forward.

“Err... Okay. I’m going,” Hyejung walked followed Chanyeol who walked a bit in front of her.

Hyejung’s mother and Hyejin watched Hyejung leaving.

“Chanyeol is a good boy,” the older woman whispered, loud enough for Hyejin to hear.

“Of course. Chanyeol oppa is nice, hands

Please log in to read the full chapter