23 - Broken - 2

Falling In Love

Nayoung’s POV:

 

”You what?” I stared at Chaerin in disbelief. How could someone, I love so much, do such a hurtful thing against me?

“I said you have had a crush on me, and that we might have done something… I’m sorry, Nayoungie, I was just so angry, and…”

*SLAP*

Chaerin held her hand on the cheek I just hit. You could see my hand on the red mark in her face.

“ you, Chaerin. How could you do something like that to me? you.” I said the sentence in English, because I was too furious for my brain to function properly; hence, the reason why I forgot how to curse in Korean for a second.

“Nayoung?...” Chaerin grabbed my hand, still surprised, and looked at me with big eyes. I tore back my hand, before I left the girl dumbfounded. I grabbed my jacket and purse and stormed out the dorm, shutting the door with a loud sound. I then proceed to run out of the building, sat into my car and began to drive away from the girl, who just messed everything up so badly for me.

Everything came back to me. How could she? Doesn’t she know how much she has destroyed for me?  A tear ran down my cheek, and I angrily brushed it away.

‘Nayoung, no. Pull yourself together and be a strong woman’ I said to myself, even though I knew, I wouldn’t be able to do so. I began to feel prickling in my eyes, and my vision got blurred. Therefore, I drove to the side, and stopped the car. Tears began to run down my face. There were so many, I couldn’t brush them away.

I felt like a piece of me had been taken away. I felt alone, so empty. It was so cold inside. The only thing I wanted right now was to have Hyoyeon by my side. Didn’t she know me enough to know, how much I loved her?

‘Doesn’t she love me enough to know, that I love her? Doesn’t she want me to love her?’

I felt like, if someone had stabbed me with a knife, pried open my chest, took my heart out and beat it up, before cutting it in half and placing it back into my chest. I clutched my chest tightly in pain, and leaned back into my seat. A sharp pain cut though my head, followed by a throbbing headache.

I began to sing a song for myself.

“When will things be okay?

When will the sun rise again?

Are all farewells this painful to death?

I’m choked up and I can’t even breathe.

Time goes on but it’s no use.

Please heal my heart, so I can smile a little.

 

This headache won’t get better.

I pull my pillow into my arms.

The thorns keep piercing my heart.

I scream in my unlit room.

This severe cold won’t get better.

I swallow two, three pills without water.

A dirty morning, a severe cold.

Why am I coughing again?

 

Though I’m sick to death, I only think of you.

I guess you really are my medicine.

I guess the story is already over.

I am, I am crying.

My cold won’t get better.

 

I need my painkiller.

Help me take my pain away.

I always thought you were a harmful person to me.

My mistake.

I can’t live without you.

I can’t even take care of my own body.

What do I do?

At this rate, this will kill me.

 

I remembered something. Leaning over to the other side of the car, opening the car cabin and grabbed a small bottle; Paracetamol, pain reliever. I shook it, but was disappointed to only hear a few inside. Opening the lid, I shook the content of the bottle into my hand. Only three ing pills.

I swallowed them without water.

 

*****

 

“Agasshi. Haven’t you had enough to drink?” A small, black-haired waitress with big, round eyes asked me. I looked at her with my tired, red eyes, my thoughts spinning around in my head.

“Yu donno how much *hiccup* pain and twouble I’m going thru. I weally ne-*hiccup*-need another round soju, pweease.“ I begged the waitress with a slurred speech, folded hands and tried to make a cute, convincing face. I heard a loud sigh from her, and I knew, I had won.

“Okay, I’ll go get you another round.” She smiled sadly at me, before turning around and walking away from the table.

I whispered a “thank you” after her, but she didn’t hear it. A sudden, cold, refreshing wind came, and I closed my eyes, enjoying the cold feeling in my face. When she came back with a bottle, she opened it for me, and placed it on the table.

“Excuseu me, but can I ask yu someding?” I asked her, trying my best to make my slurred speech as understandable as possible.

“Yes…” She answered slowly, looking a bit weirded out. “What is it?”

“I’m just wondeuring ifyu wud be able to go home, if I wasn’t here rwight now. Likeu, I’m dee onli guest, and a-just feel bad fo lettin’ yu work dis late at night.” I took the bottle in my hand, and drowned down half of the sweet liquid, awaiting her answer. I was relieved to see a smile form on her face.

“Yes, you are my last customer, but don’t worry, it’s really okay.” She answered and smiled at me. “Wait a second… You are Kim Nayoung, right? Omg, how could I not recognize you?” she sat down beside me.

“Haha, yeesh. I am Kim Nayoooung.” I answered the girl, feeling proud of being recognized. I chatted with the girl for some time, before saying goodbye and walking out.


Walking in the light of a street in Seoul, I closed my eyes again, and let the cold wind blow my hair away from my face and refresh my cloudy mind. I looked into the ground as I walked, and didn’t notice the person in front of me.

“Donk!”

“Oh, I’m so sor-… Nayoung?”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you don’t know the song, it’s Painkiller by T-ara, The See Ya, Speed and 5dolls. I listened to it a lot, when I was in my darkest place. I feel a bit better now, though. ;)

Hope you enjoy the short update! :)