2 - Roommates

Falling In Love

I know this chapter isn't as long as the other one.. Sorry.. :) 

-But really, thank you so much for reading this story. I hope you'll like it! :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Nayoung’s POV:

 

”Oh! Annyeonghaseyo!” I heard three girls say surprisingly to me. Each of them stood up from a sofa and bowed at me.

“Annyeonghaseyo..” I said nervously, smiling slightly to each of the girls to make the best first impression.

‘Aish, why so awkward..’

“And you are?..” A brown-haired girl with blond hair underneath asked me. She was actually kind of pretty. She had this kind of fierce look to her. Kind of like what Chaerin had, just not as confident and fierce.

She gave me an annoyed stare, while slowly crossing her arms right underneath her chest. A girl with long, black hair to her right saw it, and mimicked her. She gave me the same annoyed stare.

‘Why do they seem so annoyed?’ I questioned myself. I replayed the last few seconds in my mind, but couldn’t find anything I’ve done terribly wrong. I hope they’ll get over this y thing..

Then I saw a cute, little girl smile at me. She stood a bit in the back, looking kind of shy, on the left side of the y brown-blonde haired girl. I liked how she was shorter than my 160 cm. A lot of people always made fun of my height. –But I have always liked being small. I’ve somehow always found it cute. Therefore, I found her cute too.

I smiled back at the cute girl, suddenly feeling a lot more welcome.

‘ I hope we’ll be friends.’

I ended up just staring at the cute girl who smiled at me. I noticed her hair – It was light brown, long and curled so it framed her cute, little face. Her eyes where big and doll-like, which added to the cuteness of her face. Her nose was a bit flat, and slightly wide, but in a pretty way. It really complimented her face. was little and pouty, her lips quite full.

She looked like one of those cute Korean girls. Just without circle lenses, a ton of makeup and plastic surgery. –Not because I was against plastic surgery at all. I’ve been considering getting some myself.

The brown-blond haired girl cleared to get my attention, since I didn’t answer her question.

“So uhm... Who are you?” She said in a way that really annoyed me.

‘Well yeah, she sounds like one of those y cheerleader girls in some American movies. How annoying.’

I tried to shake off the obvious annoyance, and tried my best to smile at the girl.

“Hi. I’m Kim NaYoung. I am a new trainee here. Bom unnie and ChaeRin-shi showed me the way here.” I said, my eyes wandering between the y and the cute girl.

“I’m Jennie Kim. This is Lee EunBi,” the girl with the long, black hair bowed at me, still keeping on a stone face. “And this is Lee Hi.” The y girl named Jennie Kim said to me.

The small, cute, baby-faced girl bowed at me, while smiling. “Hi! I’m Lee Hi. Nice to meet you. Welcome to YG family!” she excitedly said.

‘Aaw, she seems so nice!’

“Hi” I said back to her, smiling really big.

“Come, I’ll show you to your room.” She said, taking my hand and literally dragging me after her. She seemed so happy. I couldn’t help but feel happy too.

 

She opened a light brown-ish door, and revealed the room. She showed me inside, and closed the door again.  

It was like.. like the room was parted in two. The right side of the room, which I believe was hers, had, what looked to me, like a bazillion pillows and teddy bears. The wall to the right of her bed had a couple pictures with notes full of hearts on. On the left of her bed was a small, white night table, with a book, her phone and an alarm on.

The left side of the room was just plain and boring. It was the exact same furniture as Lee Hi’s side.. Just without all the cute stuff.

“NaYoung-shi, this is our room. I hope you don’t have anything against sharing it with me. The left side is yours... I know it’s kind of plain, but you can of course do whatever you want with it. You know, make it more personal.” She said to me. I couldn’t really tell her mood by her expression.  

Lee Hi walked over to her side of the room, and sat down on the bed with a groan. She looked kind of exhausted and sad.   

‘Oh, is something wrong?’ I thought. I just couldn’t get myself to ask her. What if she felt like I was nagging or something?

“Okay” I said, walking over to my side of the bed, struggling to carry my entire luggage.

“Let me help you with that” She said, smiling at me. The smile just didn’t reach her eyes. It made me worry a bit..

 

She helped me with my stuff. And even though it was quiet, it somehow wasn’t awkward.

 

“NaYoung-shi, how old are you?” She asked me.

“I’ve just turned 17 years old”

“Can we speak comfortably then? I’m 15. It just feel a bit weird to speak formally, you know..” she asked, looking up to see my reaction.

It made me happy. –Mostly because I thought the same. I didn’t like to speak formally either.

 “Yes, of course!”  

“Really?” She looked at me, smiling really brightly. “You know.. Those two doesn’t really talk to me, so I always feel kind of alone. I’m really happy to have a friend now” The baby-faced girl told me. She looked like she was on the edge of tears. It made me feel sad for her..

I slowly walked a bit closer to her, sat down beside her on her bed, and hugged her. I did it slowly, since I didn’t want to startle her. I could hear her sniffling, and shaken a bit against my body. I could feel something warm and wet on my bare shoulder. That was when I realized that she was crying. I started to her hair, wanting to make her stop crying.

“Kwenchana?” I asked the crying girl.

 

We sat like that for a while, her head on my shoulder. I could hear her sniffling had stopped, and she looked up, and dried her eyes.

“Yes, I’m okay.”