8 - Dancing Queen - 2

Falling In Love

When she stopped, all of us clapped loudly. Even the hard-to-impress-Chaerin. Minji whistled, since she was the only one of us, who knew how to do that.

We acted like a group of fangirls.

 

“Hyoyeon, when you introduce yourself, say ‘I’m Dancing Queen Hyoyeon’, okay?” I asked her, while we were still fangirling.

“Neh, I will.” She said while laughing. She seemed happy with our reaction. She sat on the floor in front of us. “So, I’ve learned the choreography for Fire, but there is some places, that I would like to change, if it’s okay with you? You’ll of course need to see it before deciding whether to change it or not.” She said in a teacher-like voice.

We nodded and she walked towards her phone again to turn on the un-done version of the song. She had probably gotten it from YG. We just stayed in our spot, and watched the girl dance the choreography perfectly. She had changed some small parts in the dance, like some arm, hand and hip movements, and she had made it more hip-hop-ish, which fitted nicely with our concept.

We weren’t the typical ulzzang cute girl group, and we wanted to show another kind of music to the Korean people.

“What do you think?” She asked us, while clasping her hands together.

“Awesome!”

“How do you want my body to move like that?”

“Really cool. I like it.”

“It’s perfect.” The girls said at the same time. I just sat there, and looked her straight into her eyes.

She smiled at the flour, and then looked at me again.

“What do you think, Nayoung?” She asked.

“I’m… I’m lost for words.” Was the only thing I could get out of my mouth. I wished to tell her all my thoughts right now, but my mind was one big chaos. She actually seemed the happiest with my comment. She started smiling, and it showed her V-shaped smile. Her eyes squinted together into a cute eye-smile. Then she bowed at us, and thanked us for liking the choreography.

 

~~~~~

 

The day had been extremely hard, and I was so exhausted. We had done our best today, and I felt so proud of us. To have such an amazingly talented choreographer just felt so surreal. After today, I knew that I would have such a good time in 2NE1. I was starting to get so excited to our debut.

We were so sweaty, especially Bom was exhausted. She had been complaining a lot, and wanted us to go out, and eat some duck and corn after practice. But that was just typical Bommie unnie.

 

Bommie unnie… Corn Queen… Alien Unnie…

 

Suddenly, Bom unnie laid down on the floor, flayed her arms and legs everywhere, before placing her hands on her stomach, and making a crying, pouting face.

“I’m huuuungry!” She complained dramatically.

All of us (inclusive Hyoyeon) bursted out laughing.

“Gosh, unnie. You are such an alien!” Chaerin chuckled, and wiped a tear away from the hard laughing.

‘Just my word, Rinnie.’

“Maybe we should get something to eat. I mean, come on, Bommie unnie is suffering!” Minji said, standing up for her unnie, and joined her on the floor. Bom hugged Minji from the side, repeating the words “Good maknae, good maknae, good maknae,” and patted Minji’s head.

“Uhm… Would you like to join us?” Chaerin suddenly asked Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon seemed a bit taken aback too. “Like, you haven’t been eating either. You must be starving.”

“Aniyo, it’s alright, really. I enjoy cooking food myself, so I’m okay.” She said, rejecting Chaerin’s offer nicely. “But Nayoung, can I speak to you before you go? It’ll be fast, I promise. “She asked me, looking everywhere except for my eyes.

“Oh, neh… You just go ahead. I’ll order something at the dorm, okay?” I said to the hungry girls.

“Oh, okay… See you later then.” Chaerin said, giggling and poking Bom in the side, who covered while giggling too.

When they had left, I walked towards the bench, Hyoyeon where sitting at, sat beside her, and rested my folded arms on my legs

“What was it, you wanted to talk about?” I asked her sweetly, and rested my head on my arms, while looking at her.

“I just wanted to say, that your dance is really good. It impressed me a lot. Especially when you think about, that you’ve only been a trainee of about a year. And, oh, is your foot alright?” She said while smiling at me. I felt kind of weird now.

‘That was what she needed to say that badly? I could have been out eating with the girls right now… Dammit…’  I thought, she maybe would invite me out or something. It made me feel a bit annoyed. Also, the fact that I was literally starving right now, didn’t make things better at all.

“Thank you, and yes, my foot is okay.” I answered her shortly. I remained in the same position as before, but I turned my head forward instead of looking at her. Suddenly, my stomach started growling really loudly, and I could feel the heat in my cheeks, as I put my hands down on my stomach, silently hoping for it to stop growling and embarrassing me.

“Nayoung…” She held a small break before continuing. Like she needed to go through her words, before saying them out loud.”If you want to, I could cook some food for you? I don’t live very long from here.” She said nervously.

‘Yes! Thank you, stomach! I owe you a favor!’

“Oh, ne-eh. Of course I would like to…” I said to her, blushing madly. And this time it wasn’t from the sound of my stomach.

“Let’s go then!” She happily exclaimed, and went over to grab her stuff. I did the same, and waited for her, since her stuff where at the loudspeaker. When she walked towards me, she did a gesture that showed something like ‘let’s go’, so I started walking beside her. When we came to the door, I turned off the lights, walked out, and locket the door with a key, only the members of 2NE1 and YG had.

Then, I walked beside her, without anything to talk about. I was pretty nervous, since this was the first day, I’ve gotten to know this girl.

“Uhm… Nayoung. I kind of don’t own a car… Are you okay with walking, or should we grab a cap?” She asked me.

“Walking is fine.” I answered her, and smiled. By the way, Hyoyeon, you are from SM Entertainment, right?”

“That’s right.”

“What do you do in the Entertainment? Like, are you a singer, dancer or what?” I asked her. I didn’t want an awkward silence.

“I am in a group called Girls’ Generation. We have just debuted, and we are not very popular… Yet.” She said with a grin on her face. I chuckled at her remark.

“Tell me a bit about the other members!” I was kind of curious to know. Also about this ‘Tippani’.

“But… There are eight persons when you exclude me. Do you want to listen to all that?” The blonde unsurely asked.

“Yes, of course!” I exclaimed happily. I would love to hear it.

“Hmm… Well, my roommate is Jung Jessica, and she is an ice princess.”

“Ice princess?”

“You will freeze to ice in her company.” Hyoyeon said to me, with a seriously look on her face, before bursting out laughing. “Okay, no. She is really sweet. She just seems a bit cold, when you first meet her. Jessica is lead vocalist.” She explained.

I was eager to hear more, but I also kind of felt jealous of the girl Jessica. Hyoyeon seemed to like her so much. She looked at me unsure if she should keep on talking, or if I was bored. I made a gesture with my hand, to show her, that she should speak. I found it interesting, and I was so going to Google them, when I came back to the dorm.

“Then there is Taeyeon. She is the dorky kid leader and main vocalist. We actually don’t speak a lot to each other, since we are pretty awkward. But she seems pretty nice. Tippani is lead vocalist, eye-smiling queen and from USA. Jessica is from USA too. They were actually born at the same hospital. It’s kind of cool, right?” She looked at me, to see, if I was listening. I was, so she kept on talking.

“Seohyun is lead vocalist and maknae. She loves sweet potatoes. I think you too would make good friends. She is actually kind of a health freak, school nerd and she speaks in honorifics to us, even though, we have known each other for quite a long time now. I giggled at Hyoyeon’s explanation of Seohyun.

“Then there is Sunny. She has that ‘aegyo-that-calls-for-a-punch’. It gives me chills, seriously. She is vocalist too. Hmm… YoonA is the face of the group. She is extremely beautiful… Like really, she fills up all the Korean beauty standards.” She looked kind of sad, when she said that, but I didn’t ask into it, since I didn’t want to nag.

“Yuri is lead dancer. She is one of those people that just do weird things… Like, when we are together, our brains automatically overheat, and we become crazy. She is lead dancer.” I smiled at the explanation of Yuri. She was definitely one, I needed to be friends with.

“And of course, there’s Sooyoung. She is also lead dancer, and seriously… No matter, how much she eats, she stays exactly the same. Like she has so long, thin legs. It’s not fair at all. She is such a shikshin.

‘Aaw, I want long, thin legs too’

“And then there is me. Shall I say something about me too?” She asked me, unsure of, what to do.

“Yes, of course! I would love that.” I assured her, and waited for her to talk about herself.

“Well… My name is Hyoyeon, and I am the main dancer… I don’t know what to say… I don’t think I’m very interesting… Maybe a bit weird?”

 “If so, it’s weird in a good way!” I said, smiling at her.

“Aaw thanks. I appreciate that.” She said in a sarcastic way. She saw me slightly hitting my legs, as if I was in pain.

“Don’t worry. It’s not very long from here. Is your foot hurting?” She asked concerned about my health.

“Aniyo, I’m okay. It’s not that bad.” I lied. It was really painful. I don’t know, if I’m very bad at lying, or if she just was extremely good at looking through people, but she knew, I was lying. She gave me a concerned look, before kneeling down in front of me, and I stopped walking.

“Get on.” Hyoyeon commanded. When I found out, what she meant, I got slightly embarrassed, and I didn’t know, if I should get on, or not.

“Yaah~ It’s okay…” She said, looked at me from her sitting position, grabbed my hand, and dragged me onto her back. I felt the heat in my cheeks, but I walked towards her anyway. I bowed down and put my arms around her neck. I felt her hands sneak under my thighs. It tingled in a weird way, but I pulled myself together.

I felt her stand up, and I was lifted off the ground. I was afraid, that she would have a hard time carrying me, but she didn’t seem to mind.

I placed my face a bit closer to hers, and hugged her neck. Then I buried myself in her hair at her neck, closed my eyes, and just let all the feelings, all the nervousness go through my body. I could hear her breath. She was breathing heavily, like she was trying to relax in some way. I felt comfortable like this.

I felt Hyoyeon tighten her grip around my thighs, and I heard her clear her voice silently. She seemed a bit nervous.

‘Should I make her more nervous?’

I tightened my grip around her neck a little more, and put my face closer to her neck. I put my lips on her shoulder, like it was an accident, before getting cozy in the crook of her neck. My hot breath was hitting her neck.

I heard Hyoyeon swallow loudly, and I smirked victoriously, and listened to her breathing as we walked.

 

~~~~~

 

“Nayoung… We are here.” Hyoyeon said, and turned her neck towards me. My head was placed the same place as before, but when she said my name, I automatically looked up.

Her face was so close to mine.

I got an unbelievable weird feeling in my stomach. –It was more intense, than I’ve ever felt it before. I looked right into her eyes, then to lips, and to her eyes again. I automatically started to bite my lips lightly. I noticed, that she was starting to get closer and closer. I closed my eyes, and waited.

“Saranghae neol I neukkim idaero. Geuyeo watdeon haemae ime kkeut.”

’Nooo~ What did I do in my last life to deserve this?’ I complained to myself. I started pouting, as she answered her face.

“Aniyo, don’t worry. I’m there soon… Neh… Arasso… I have someone with me… Okay, see ya!” She said to the person on the other line, before putting it into her pocket again. I felt a bit awkward being on her back after the intimate thing that just happened.

“Hyoyeon… I think I can walk.” I said quietly. I was a bit too afraid and embarrassed to look at her.

“Oh, okay.” She said, and sat me down. “There is not a long way to go.” She slightly pulled the sleeve of my jacket to make me follow. She didn’t let go. Instead, she brought her to mine, and entwined our hands, while looking forward.

I looked at her, a bit shocked and happy by her actions. I wanted her to know, that it was okay, so I gave her hand a slight squeeze.

Then we walked into a big building, much different from what, I called my home;

SM Entertainment.