9 - Unsure

Falling In Love

 

See the poster? It’s awesome right? It was made by yongharu21 and Only4EXO. Thank you for the poster, I like it a lot! J

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Nayoung’s POV:

 

“Ya, Hyoyeon… I’m afraid...” I told the blonde-haired goddess beside me nervously. She gave my hand a squeeze before replying with a gentle and calm tone in her voice.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be alright.” She assured me, as we walked into the elevator. Hyoyeon used her free hand to push the buttons for the floor, the dorm was on. It was at the top. I looked nervously at Hyoyeon, who looked calm. She noticed my nervousness and smiled calmly at me.

“Nayoung, don’t worry, really.” She said to me again, because of my nervousness. Thousands of butterflies where flying around in my stomach.

“I’m sorry. I’m not that good with new people.” I told her honestly. I always got extremely nervous, when I was in front of a big crowd of people, I didn’t know.  We were working on that in YG, so I could be more comfortable performing on a scene. But it had gotten a lot better.

I looked into the ground, and could suddenly feel her other hand, pulling me into a hug. My arms hung lazily down the sides of my body. I was too shocked to respond. My body was locked, because of the feeling of her body, pressed against mine. I could feel my heart beating faster and louder than normally. I wanted to touch it, just to see, if she maybe could feel it to.

I had been attracted to someone before. Heck, I’ve even been in love. But it had never felt as intense as right now. It got me a bit worried, since I had just met her. We weren’t even in the same entertainment, and we would probably never see each other again. The thought of not seeing her made me feel hollow inside.

The elevator said a ‘ding’, and the doors opened, which revealed a quite large hallway. Pretty much the same size as in YGE, it just looked different; it looked more light and happy than in YG. YG had a more cool and stylish design.

We walked hand in hand towards the end of the hallway, to a door, which had a sign with ‘Girls’ Generation’ written in Korean on it. She let go of my hand, which had gotten a bit sweaty, and started to look through her purse in search of her keys. When she found them, she locked the door open, and held it for me like a gentlewoman.

It looked quite empty, and there weren’t people running towards us, like I had imagined there would. Some of the nervousness I had been feeling went away.

I took my shoes and jacket off, sat my purse at the door, and followed Hyoyeon into the kitchen.

“What do you want to eat?” She asked me sweetly and turned around to look at me.

“I don’t know. Whatever you want to make, and like yourself.” I answered, smiling at the dancing queen.

“Do you like jajangmyun? It’s pretty fast to make.” She said with a grin. “And I think we have all the ingredients for it too.”

“Sounds great!” I honestly didn’t really care for, what she would make. I was literally so hungry, that my brain didn’t function properly.

Hyoyeon went to look in the fridge, and I went with her.

“Yup, we have everything.” She said silently to herself. I helped her carry the ingredients, and laid them on the kitchen table.  

“Should I chop the onions?” I asked her, trying to be as helpful as possible. She nodded smiling at me.

“Oh, wait a second. You’ll need a chopping board.”  She said, and went to get one for me. And a knife too, of course.

I started to chop the onions, and she cooked oil and bean paste for a while. Then she drained all the nasty excess oil, and started to sauté the onions. I finished chopping the onions, and walked to where she was, and stood beside her, looking interested.

She added pork and some black pepper, cooked it, before adding in the bean paste from before, and some kind of liquid thing.

“Nayoungie, can you cook the noodles?” she asked me, turned her face towards mine, and smiled sweetly at me.

“Oh neh.” I said, blushing at ‘Nayoungie’ part, and started to wash the noodles, before cooking them, like I usually did.

‘Nayoungie? She really called me Nayoungie? ‘The feeling, I was starting to get familiar with, shook through my body, and I got a nice, warm feeling in my chest, which automatically made me smile. I was so absorbed at my own thoughts, that I didn’t even notice Hyoyeon, who had already finished making the jajangmyun. She walked towards me, and looked at my daydreaming face.

“Nayoungie?...” No answer

“Yah, are you awake?” Still no answer.

“Answer me~” She said, and poked me in my side while pouting like a little kid.

“Oh, I’m sorry!” I apologized, when I realized, that she had been talking to me. She just smiled, and took the noodles of the heat to drain them from water.

“Can you take two bowls? They are in the cupboard to the right.” She asked me nicely, still draining the noodles. I hoped she wasn’t annoyed with me, since I didn’t answer her before.

“Yes, of course…” I said quietly, as I went to get the bowls. “Hyoyeon, I’m sorry for not answering you before. I was daydreaming. You are not mad at me, right?” I put the bowls on the table, turned towards her direction and looked into the ground, while playing nervously with my fingers. I could hear her steps getting closer to me, but I kept my head down, too nervous to look up, and before I realized, I could feel her small, soft, warm hands hold mine. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks, and my stomach had a weird feeling; it felt like, I was getting nausea, or something was flying inside me. I had had this feeling before, but it had been this intense.

“Nayoungie...” She whispered to me, in a soft and gentle tone. I didn’t know, whether I should look at her, or not. Should I let her see my red cheeks? I could also just be on the safe side, and continue to look down. Yes, that’s what I’ll do.

“Nayoung. Please look at me.” She said in a pleading way. I took a deep breath, to slightly calm down my annoying weird feelings, get rid of some of the blush, and pull myself together to look at her. I looked up, and met her gaze.

“You are too cute. Why should I be mad?” She assured me, and cupped my cheeks.

It probably didn’t have the same meaning for her, as it did for me. While she was smiling happily at me, I fought my urge to take her right at the spot. The urge was so strong, almost irresistible, way too strong for me to handle. Why? I had no ing idea. Those feelings, as intense as they where, was as an entire new world for me. It was so much more, than I had ever felt about someone I had liked before. It was even passing my slight feelings and attraction to Chaerin. The feelings for Chaerin were easily surpassed by this.

And it scared me.

She looked me deeply into my eyes. I was starting to slightly relax in her hands, which were still cupping my cheeks. But on the other side, my legs where getting weaker and weaker for each second passing by.

Her eyes left my eyes, and wandered down to my lips. I was her slightly bite her lip, before making eye contact with me again. I automatically started to learn in. I kept looking into her eyes, as I got closer and closer to her face. My nervousness disappeared, and was replaced with a confident feeling. My heart on the other side felt warm, and was beating more, than I thought was possible. I was still watching her, as I stepped a small step forward, making less distance between us. There were only a few inches between us now.

She closed her eyes slowly and started to lean forward, while I was standing still, closing my eyes myself, and tilting my head slightly to the right, and waited patiently to feel her lips on mine.

“Yah! Hyoraengi!” A girl with a high pitched voice yelled out, just as our lips where brushing lightly against each other. I could feel her stiffen, in shock over the unexpected yell for her. She parted from me, removed her hands from my face, and gave me a sorry look. She took a step back, while I looked sadly out in the air. She turned towards where she had heard the sound, towards the person, who just yelled.

“What’s wrong, Sica?” She yelled back. Not as loud and high pitched as the girl named ‘Sica’, though.

‘This must be that American ice princess, Hyoyeon was talking so happily about’ I thought to myself. In my head, I had already taped that American girl’s mouth to shut her up. To be honest, my first impression on Jessica was one of the worst. She had ruined the almost-happened kiss between Hyoyeon and I, and Hyoyeon talked about her, like they were oh-so happy for each other. Way to happy for each other, if you ask me.

It made me so jealous.

But, what could I do? I had only known Hyoyeon for a day. Jessica and Hyoyeon had probably already known each other for years now. Things were happening way to fast between Hyoyeon and me anyway.

“It’s a spider, Hyoyeonnie! It’s going to eat me!” Jessica yelled high pitched again, before screaming loudly.

She sounded like a dolphin, to be honest.

Hyoyeon just shrugged, and excused herself out of the room.

I looked at her leaving. She was gone. I sat down with a loud sigh, when I knew she couldn’t hear me. I felt so annoyed and sad. Sad because that kiss I had been craving for wouldn’t happen, and annoyed because of that girl Jessica.

‘Nayoung. Don’t judge her. You haven’t even met her yet. Maybe she’s nice.’ I tried to tell myself, but the feelings of annoyance wouldn’t go away.

For a short amount of time, I thought about leaving without them noticing, because, this seriously didn’t feel too good.

I heard low talk from where Hyoyeon and Jessica where. It sounded a bit like they were fighting; it sounded a bit sharp and harsh, like they hissed at each other. The voices got louder and louder, until I heard a door smack, and a person walk towards where I sat. I learned a bit to the left, to see who it was. It was Hyoyeon. Her fists where almost white, and was a straight line. She stopped in the middle of her walk, and took a deep, relaxing breath.  I got up from my seat, and walked silently towards her. I got a bit nervous as I walked.

‘Maybe… Maybe I should just let it be. It doesn’t have anything to do with me anyway. I shouldn’t be nagging.’ But even though, my thoughts tried to be reasonable, I just couldn’t handle my curiosity. I just wanted to see, if she was alright too. Plus, maybe, if she wanted to tell me, I could help!

I stood about a meter away from her. I didn’t want to go any closer, if she felt uncomfortable with me being here right now.

“Hyoyeon, is everything alright? Are you okay?” I just asked her calmly and plainly, trying not to force her to tell me anything. She looked up at the sound of my voice, looking a bit surprised and shocked. I stayed calm.

“Oh, you scared me!” She exclaimed dramatically, and took a deep breath, with a hand on her chest to show her surprise. “Don’t worry. It’s nothing important. Sica saw a spider, and I needed to remove it. We just ended up being a little mad at each other. I’ll talk to her later.” She assured me, and showed me a small smile. Taking my hand again, she led me towards the table, where all the delicious food where.

My stomach started growling again. I had forgotten everything about my hunger, when the kiss almost happened between us.

‘Aah, the kiss.’ I dramatically thought, as I sat down at the table, in front of the beautiful dancing queen. I smiled slightly at my thoughts, which she noticed, and a small smile formed on her lips too. She stretched her arm towards the left, where two bowls where put on top of each other. She took one of them, and started to fill in some of the jajangmyun we had made, before giving it to me.

“Here, you were hungry, right?” She asked me with a mischievous smirk on her face. It made me giggle shyly. She started to pour some food into the other bowl, and gave me a pair of chopsticks.

‘Chopsticks? This is not going to be good. ‘I was so going to embarrass myself. I had never eaten with chopsticks a lot, not even in YG Entertainment. I had tried wooden chopsticks before, but the ones they had in Korea was so slippery, that I always had a hard time eating with them. I put my chopsticks into the sticky mass of noodles, and did my best to have the noodles securely between the chopsticks, before lifting up the mass of noodles and jajangmyun.

Everything fell off again…

I face palmed on the inside. Would it be weird to ask for a fork and a knife? They probably didn’t even have any…

“Do you have problems?” She asked sweetly with a cheeky grin, when she had swallowed the noodles.

“Ani, ani. Everything is under control.” I assured her, embarrassed of my lack of chopstick-skills.

I tried again. I slowly picked up a few noodles. It was a complete failure. The noodles just slipped right off again.

“Here, let me help you.”  

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I would like to thank Simon and Martina from Eat Your Kimchi for teaching me how to cook jajangmyun. ^^

 

I’m thinking about trying to write a rated chapter… But I have never tried it before, nor even thought about writing one before, and it will probably be extremely awkward.

Do you think I should write one? –Please write in the comments!

 

-The poster is awesome right? Black Pearl – Graphics Shop made it, and I really like it. I hope you do too~

Yongharu21’s profile: http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/406015

Only4EXO’s profile: http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/408700

Black Pearl – Graphics Shop: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/546247/black-pearl-graphics-shop-open-graphics-exo-posters-postershop-graphicshop