Truth to be Told

White Love

Luhan's POV

 

After the doctor told me everything, I was in shock and was not in the state of mind. I was lost of words and wanted to see her right away. How could she not tell me? All the signs that I saw, but I did not ask? I was angry at myself for not taking care of her well. But I was in pain and tears formed in my eyes. As I walked down the hallways, I took a grasp of the railings by the walls, trying to cover my cries. I was alone and I let myself fall. I dropped down on my knees and I shed in tears. Every whimper, I muffled it with my hands and wishing I could do something to help. How stupid of me....there was no possible way to solve her problem. I punched the wall in frustration and anger. What more has she kept from me? Her identity, her pregnancy and now this? Eun-hee, why are you trying to do this to yourself? Now I'm finding my way back to you just after a few months. My head was aching and my heart was tearing into pieces. Why does she have to carry this disease that makes my life harder?

 

Why didn't you tell me Eun-hee?

 

=Present=

 

"How...how did you know?" Her voice became shaky and she did not make eye contact.

 

"The important thing is that I am here to solve it." I gave her a reassuring look and fixed the ends of her hair. I wanted to tear seeing how weak she looked, but I strongly held it in. How could Zelo not recognize her pale face? Her actions of going back and forth to the bathroom? Or find drops of blood in her room? How could she hide it so well?

 

I then frowned to feel her hands free from me. Was it a sign of rejection?

 

"I don't need you." She murmured and looked away, only focusing on the white, interior walls.

 

"Don't be stupid." I sternly said. "You think you can survive this on your own."

 

"My health is not something that you should care of. I've seen you on tv...aren't you successful now that I'm not there with you? Don't meddle in my life now and go back to being happy without me. I have Zelo now." She gulped hard.

 

"I can't do that now." She slowly shot her head at me.

 

"You are important to me and I can't leave now." I was about to kiss her, but felt another presence with us. In Eun-hee's eyes, it was full of fear and I turn my head to look.

 

"What are you doing here?" I could see he was angry and curled his fingers up in a fist, maybe ready to punch me in the face. He has eavesdropped part of our conversation and I stood up, wanting to speak.

 

"Let's not do this here." I pointed out that Eun-hee should not see us in this state.

 

"How about you get out and never visit her again?" He growled.

 

"I rather talk to you outside and explain myself." I stepped forward with my eyes looking through at him. He loosened up his body, but did not erase the threatening look on his face. I walked outside the room as he followed behind silently and I could tell Eun-hee wanted to see what's happening but the door blocked her view. I wanted that way because just in a mere second, Zelo harshly pushes me to the wall as he grabs me in the collar.

 

"How dare you show your face here?" He brang his voice low, not attracting any attention down the halls.

 

Our faces were close, looking at nothing else but the death shot glares shown from each other. It made me furious that he wasn't taking this situation maturely. I pushed him away and fix the wrinkles he made on my outfit.

 

"How dare of me?" I pointed at myself and scoffed. He must be ridiculous to speak without knowing why I came.

 

"Why do you think I'm here, huh? To steal her back? You must be delusional to not know her conditions. She is slowly dying and you can't seem to figure that out?!?!?" I shouted at him.

 

He lifted his arm to meet his fist at my face, but recognize at what I said. He brought his arm down and tried to figure out what I was saying. His eyebrows knitted together and I was waiting for him to speak.

 

"She's..."

 

"She has cancer you son of b*tch!" I wanted to put some sense in him and I was frustrated with the constant fighting.

 

"How...how did-"

 

"I know her more than you Zelo. She has this cancer because of her mother. We can't blame her, but we must  take care of Eun-hee. Fighting won't help and you just accuse me, threaten me, and wanted me to leave when I had a self explainatory reason to visit her. She is not getting the treatment she needs."

 

"I was expecting more of you Zelo. I thought you would protect her and make her happy." I was quite upset, but rubbed it off as I massaged my temples and sighed heavily. I walked pass by him and went into the elevators that has open up for me already. I could see he was speechless and was dumbfounded to know the facts that layed right infront of him.

 

It seems I can never runaway from her no matter what. Is this how it feels when you tried running away from me also Eun-hee? Wanting to forget the past and willingly to find a another path, but bump into the old one?

 

--------------------

 

Eun-hee's POV

 

After Zelo had his "small" talk with Luhan, he came back inside forcing a smile on his face. It was hard for him to face my health conditions and of course, he was unsure how severely it was and what may happen to me. All he knows is that I was holding onto Luhan's baby and that I was born with a cancer. He walked slowly by my side and peck me on the cheek. I, myself wanted this cancer to be untrue. Who knew life can be so cruel especially those who have disabilities such as not seeing the one you love and can't hear their lovely, yet sweet voice. Or people with diseases who had only a short time to live and not able to do things that can be possible. I was one of those people whos cells were dying as well as my body. I didn't want it, but I had to live it. My doctors were trying to find a cure and it was stressful for them to save one's life when the cancer I had is very rare.

 

"Are you happy?" He laid his chin on the top of my head. He wrapped his left arm around me, trying to give me warmth.

 

I closed my eyes and took a whiff of his cologne. "I'm happy that you are alive." I softly whisper. 

 

"Wanna talk about....you know..." He was referring about my health, my cancer. I didn't have the energy and I was not ready to disperse tears. Tears that were okay to shed, but not worth it. 

 

"Can we talk about it later?" I tightened my grip on his shirt. I had the urge to cry, but it felt like my stomach was not feeling well.

 

"Can you get me a drink?" I pulled away from him and meekily smiled.

 

"Sure." He made the ends of lips curl up alittle and left the room.

 

"Owww...." I took my time out of the bed, trying to bear the pain my body. In that instant, I was running off to the bathroom. Pieces of my food that rush out of my mouth was then flushed down in the toilet. It had a stench that I could not stand. I lifted my head up, quite dizzy from vomitting and it was excruciating. I had back pains, headaches, and a baby to take care of. 

 

"Are you alright?" I rubbed my little tummy and felt a heartbeat of a living baby. A baby that I could not abandon. Abortion was not a good choice neither putting the child up for adoption. I would want the baby to meet its real parents, but it seems it will be upset to find out that it's father is not Zelo. He has a fatherly personality though did not make the child that is in my belly. What I have done in the past was not okay. Luhan had the right to know about this baby, but it was me that thought it was better. He moved on and so did I. We planned to have this, but never thought it would come sooner. My life did not go downfall because of this creature, but the cancer that was eating up inside me. I stood up on my feet and rinse my mouth with listerine. I spat it out in the sink and rubbed my face with a towel before climbing into the hospital bed once again. I waited patiently for Zelo to come back and right there, I was surprised by B.A.P along with Junji and Yunghee. They came crashing in with balloons and flowers that lit up the room. Their faces that were once all happy then slowly dropped down, noticing that it came awkward because I was not responding. It wasn't because I didn't dislike them being here right now, but I was of course weak to speak nor move my body parts.

 

"Surprise..." Himchan whispered as loud for me to hear.

 

Junji and Yunghee came over on either side of me and tightened my hands. They had worried looks and were searching in my eyes. 

 

"I'm sorry if I didn't look surprised." I laughed half-heartedly. 

 

"It's okay." Junji beamed a smile again.

 

"We know that you are pregnant and of course, you have your moods." Yunghee spoke.

 

I was glad they came though it was a relief they didn't really know about my health. It is hard to hide the truth, but it's the best for me that they don't have to worry about me alot. I know that they are my friends, but I've done too much to B.A.P and EXO. Both groups broken up because all just of a girl. Who knew they would still visit me till this day and comfort me like as before?

 

"SUR-.....prise?" My head whipped towards the door also finding the whole group of EXO except Luhan. They also have brought me gifts such as teddy bears and fruit baskets. It was very ironic that I had to face my past again, but they all came altogether not making a fuss. But I was questioning myself, who really told them about me being pregnant?

 

-------------------

 

After the awkward silence of B.A.P and EXO in my room, Junji and Yunghee shooed them off and I was left alone with my bestfriends.

 

"How did you guys know about my pregnancy?" I raised a curious brow at them just after they kicked the boys out. They smiled nervously and cleared their throats. They comfortably sat on a chair and spoke again.

 

"Zelo told the boys about the day you were..."

 

"Actually showing signs." Yunghee completed Junji's sentence.

 

"And of course B.A.P told us because they knew it was right to let your bestfriends know."

 

So Luhan also told EXO about our child also?

 

"Well....for the record I told EXO to come also." Junji rubbed her fingers together and bit her bottom lip.

 

"What do you mean?" I was confused of how she contacted them even when she barely knew them.

 

"I got drunk and found myself...next to-"

 

"Kris? Xiumin? Chen? Kai?" I blurted out all the members trying to guess if I got it right.

 

"It's Sehun." She looked down in shame. In my mind, I knew she was embarassed because I've been with Sehun for a short period of time though it doesn't mean I can't keep him all to myself. We have shared our lives together, but I was with Zelo now.

 

"I'm not mad at you. I'm glad that you met him." 

 

"Chincha?" She lifted her head immediately with teary eyes.

 

"Pabo. I have Zelo now and Sehun really needed someone like you to move on." I lightly hit her in the head.

 

"I thought you would be mad." She pouted.

 

"Well, I'm happy ain't I?" 

 

They both gleamed at my answer and hugged me tightly. It felt like they wanted to cry, but instead they cried out my name and said that they loved me to death. Aren't they adorable? Though I feel guilty to not entirely say whats wrong with me. Couldn't life be easier for me?

 

-------------------

 

Luhan's POV

 

"Where were you? We went to visit her." Chanyeol plopped himself on a comfy chair in my office as the others were playing with themselves on a couch.

 

"Something came up." I was multitasking as I talked with them. I still had a job to take care of and I could not forget about it. Truth is, I wanted to do work to let my stress go away. I would pour myself a glass of wine, but I didn't want to be drunk in the afternoon. I planned to visit Eun-hee again at night. As the clock ticked, I was getting more desperate. I wanted to see her even though her physical features were dull, yet she was beautiful. I needed to take care of her because I felt it was my duty. Now she had a baby, it is best for me to stay by her side. No matter if she doesn't like it, I'll stay there for her.

 

"Luhan?" Chen playfully said. He waved his hands infront of my face, bringing me back to reality.

 

"Ne?" I lifted a curious brow.

 

"Woohooo~ Hyung is gonna buy dinner!" Baekhyun starts to dance weirdly and high fives everyone in the room except me.

 

"Beef!" Tao declared with his index finger in the air.

 

"Yah!" I sighed heavily and pouted. How dare they fool me? It was hilarious and I couldn't yell at them. We got back together as one and I was happy to see that. 

 

"I can't buy you guys food." Their facial expressions dropped and their shoulders hanged down.

 

"Wae?" They whined with a pouty look.

 

"I'll be busy tonight." I leaned back in my seat with a cheeky smile.

 

"I knew we shouldn't have asked." D.O. crossed his arms over his chest with a grumpy look.

 

"We all know what is it." Chanyeol laid his palm on his chin as his elbow was on the arm rest of the couch. His words were very clear and yet it was a small whisper. 

 

"I have work to do and I want-"

 

"You want us to leave?" Kris was dissappointed.

 

"Well, we can see each other some other time." I stated.

 

"Fine." They start to leave with sad puppy looks and did not say a word.

 

"See you guys soon." I wave at each member.

 

"Yeah yeah." Kai waved his hand in fast movements, not caring to look at me after what I said. I chuckled at myself and shook my head.

 

"What?!?!" Lay smacked the back of Suho's head for attention and Suho shot him a dead look.

 

"You're treating us dinner rich a**."

 

Suho's jaw drop and in the second, Lay used his index finger to put Suho's mouth back together. Lay pushed him out the door as the others helped pull him out.

 

Each one left and didn't dare to look at me except Sehun. As he slightly close the door, he gave me a thumbs up; telling me I'm doing a good job doing my work. I return him a smile and the door was then closed.

 

I was finally at peace and I went back to work.

 

I'm glad we are one once again. 

 

--------------------

 

"Hi, I'm here to see Eunhee." I bend over the counter as the lady stared at her computer.

 

"Okay. Just to let you know that visiting hours are limited." She gestured the way with her hand.

 

"Thank you." I made my way towards Eun-hee's room. I took a peek through the door before going inside finding her sleeping in her bed with no one by her side. I stepped in her room quietly and closed the door slowly, trying not to attract any attention. I made small little steps as I went to her and I stop for a second. It was a moment where I felt guilty and I wanted to hold her in my arms. It was as if she was gonna runaway from me even though she laid in her bed. These days I grew stronger while she became weaker. I know that she needs me no matter what despite the fact she had Zelo. I sat down next to her and breathed in the air that circulated in the room. My hands then made its way to reach hers, but I flinch away. 

 

What am I doing?

 

I shouldn't......

 

I stood up that instant and looked at her with a solemn look. My heart ached as I looked at her every second. It was only me that knew about her sickness and it made me mad that time will run out and who knows. My fingers reach to fix her blanket and pulled it over her chest. Just when I turned around, I felt a soft, warm hand reach for mines. It squeezed tightly and rubbed its thumb on me.

 

"Don't go....." I heard her muttered.

 

My head turned around and saw that her eyelids were still closed. 

 

Was she talking about Zelo.....or me?

 

"Please..." She pulled my hand closer to reach her pale cheeks. It was cold as ice.

 

"I need you as you need me." Her voice croaked.

 

It made me more crazy. I wanted to kiss her, whisper in her ear with words that described my feelings or wrap my arms around her. But what I did was pull my hand away from her. She couldn't possibly have feelings for me. I shouldn't show more than necessary. I am not hers and she chose to be with Zelo. I took a step back, seeing she was dissappointed and looks what is infront of her. She position herself upwards and placed both of her hands on her side. She was in shock, but her face turn into a curiosity one because I did not speak.

 

I'm sorry, I know its not me you were talking about. Just don't make it harder for me to burst in tears and beg you to be mines. 

 

I don't want both of us to get hurt......

 

You were right from the start. I've put you through so much pain and it took you years to recover from me. I'm just your guardian and nothing else. I don't have the right to love you as before.

 

I don't want your love or affection. I'm here to take care of you and the baby we created. Once your health is better, you don't need me to meddle in your life.