Don't Leave

White Love

Youngsu’s POV

"Why are you calling me Zelo?" I was confused.

 

"On May 15, 2014, you came to the hospital because of a car accident. From your files, you no longer existed. Some doctors thought you did a suicide but it seems like someone else took your place in your bed as an act." He crossed his arms.

 

"Choi Junhong, you've lost control on your bike and got into an accident." He noticed my eyes were fixated on the white, clear floors.

 

"I don't remember any of this." I shook my head while trying to recall what he just said to me.

 

"Of course because you have lost part of your memory." He fixed his eyeglasses by pushing it up at the bridge of his nose.

 

"What else is there I don't know?" I lifted my head. I don't understand what's happening right now.

 

"You must find that on your own." He blinked at me.

 

"How?" I wanted to know.

 

"Hmmm." He scratched his chin. "When have you encounter some of your memories?"

 

"I don't know if it's really a memory or an imagination." I said to him.

 

"How did it happen?" He opened a notepad and clicked his pen in his right hand.

 

"It just come all of a sudden." 

 

"Well, if I were you, I'll try to retrace my footsteps or remember how it happened. You still have a long life ahead of you and you should never give up."

 

"Do you know about my accident?" I moved my body closer to his desk wanting to hear more about the accident.

 

"I was in charge of taking "your body" to the morgue the next day. I really did not know anything about your accident."

 

"So who's body was it that laid in my bed?" I'm really curious.

 

"We don't know. Plus the body is already buried under your name. Just be patient. Your memories will come all at once."

 

I nodded. I then heard a knock on the door and Seohyun poke her head in to see if everything was going okay.

 

"I'll be out in a minute." I faked a smile. I could not show her my depress look.

 

She smiled back. "Ok." And she closed the door. I stood up with my arms holding onto the chair for balance.

 

"Is that your sister?" My doctor pointed at the door.

 

"Huh? She's not my sister." I shake my head.

 

Do we really look like siblings?

 

"So who is she?" He gave me a confuse look.

 

"Someone who will someday be mine." I sstand up and curled up the corners of my lips as I exited the room.

 

"So what did the doctor say?" Seohyun came to me.

 

"The usual. Sleep more and take some medications." I took her hands in mine.

 

"That's a relief." She had a reassuring smile.

 

"Why? What did you think the doctor would have say?" I look at her.
 

"I thought you're sickness was very serious. I thought I would lose you." Her head was slightly up.

 

"You won't." I brang her close to me, placing my chin over her head as I her back up and down.

 

She murmured something in my chest and I think I've not heard her clearly. For now, was what I thought she spoke. We walked together side by side with our hands interwined. We used the elevator to go straight to the parking lot and I pulled out my keys as I spotted my car.

 

"Is it okay if I stop by my mother's house?" I asks before unlocking my car. 

 

"I don't mind." She grinned. And we both got in.

 

I parked right infront of my mom's house and I unbuckled myself. I looked at Seohyun who's just sitting there, still not aware I've reached my mother's house.

 

"Seohyun?" I patted her on her left shoulder.

 

She blinked twice before noticing. 

 

"Huh?"

 

"We're here." I pointed the house.

 

"Oh." She unbuckled her seatbelt while looking at the house on her right. We both got off the car and stood infront of the door. I ranged the bell and my mother opened it with a welcoming smile that welcomes us in.

 

"What are you guys doing here?" My mom said while removing my jacket as Seohyun sat down on the couch.

 

"I just wanted to see you." I turned my head to see her and smiled.

 

"Whatever." She chuckled and placed my jacket on a coat rack. My mom then went to the kitchen to get us some snacks.

 

I then sat down next to Seohyun who stared blankly at the coffee table infront of us. I took a glance at her before looking at my mom again who walked in the living room again.

 

"I want you to tell me about my past." She stopped walking towards us and was surprise from what I just said. In the corner of my eyes, Seohyun's head literally lift up right away.

 

"Why.....why do you want to know?" She's stuttering her words as she placed down the tray of cube fruits on the coffee table.

 

"I've been seeing things lately." I didn't want to mention about my conversation with my doctor earlier.

 

My mom's eyes turned to Seohyun. She then gulped down real hard and sat down on a chair to the right side of me.

 

"How about you buy us some dinner? I'll order it and you pick it up. Hmm?" She leaned her upper body towards me.

 

"Oh....ok." I stood up, shaking my head to the side, feeling abit weird. I took my car and went out to pick up the food my mom ordered and luckily I didn't have to wait that long. I got home in 20 minutes and went inside. I came in silently and peeked in the living room. They weren't there. I went in the hallways, kitchen, and dining room. Not one of them. I went upstairs and heard chattering. It came from my room, supposedly my mom said it was used as a storage room now. The door was shut closed and the lights from inside shown on the wooden floor. Before I could turn the knob on the door, I could hear their voices clearly. 

 

"I'm scared." Seohyun sounded like she was about to tear up.

 

"It's ok...it's ok. Young-su will never leave you, so will I. You've been the daughter I always dream of. When you told me about Eun-hee, right away I could not let her into my son's life."

 

"Even though. I don't want him to remember everything. I can't believe they've shown up. Luhan and Eun-hee.  I'll do whatever it takes to stop Yong-su from remembering everything."

 

"Has....Eun-hee having any suspicions lately? Around Young-su?"

 

"Not of I'm aware of. But I have a feeling Young-su....will get his memories back slowly. He only knows that his real name is Zelo."

 

My name is really Zelo......

 

Literallly the plastic bags that held our food in my right hand slip and made a sound on the floor. All of a sudden, I can hear a bed squeak and immediately my mom opened the door and gasp. She knew that moment, I've heard everything. Seohyun who sat on the bed, letting tears fall on her cheeks, she looked up.

 

"Young-su?"

 

"You guys lied to me?"

 

"We didn't." Seohyun hesitated.

 

"You just said my real name is Zelo. Can you explain that?" I gave her a cocky voice.

 

"Young-su....if I told you, you wouldn't believe me." She got up from the bed.

 

"WAE?!?!"

 

"Young-su don't do this." My mom tried lowering her voice for me.

 

"It's hard to explain." More tears came streaming down on her soft cheeks.

 

"I thought I knew you Seohyun. What are you trying to hide from me?"

 

She was speechless and nothing came out of as it held out wide open. I just stomped my way downstairs and went out the door. I could someone's steps right behind me, but it didn't stop me to wait for that person to reach for me.

 

"Young-su!"

 

I kept walking, taking a turn to the right of the house stopping at a cold, windy park a few meters away.

 

"Please stop...." Seohyun begged. She was tired from keeping up with me.

 

"If I told you everything, I'm scared to lose you. To be honest, I have feelings for you and I just can't. Everyday...I feel like I was lucky enough to have you. If all your memories comeback, you would hate me for the rest of my life. But, please...don't leave me now. I promise to help you remember your past little by little." I then felt a pair of arms around my waist. She leaned her body next to me and I could feel the warmth of her breath on my shirt. She tightly held on. I could smell her sweet, lavender perfume. I could not leave her, after all, I do love her. But why is she so scared to tell me my past? What would make me leave her? She has no one to lean on other than me and over this year, we shared a great bond. We were like a couple who liked each others company but never took it the next level. I never tend to show much feelings through physical actions towards her. To me, she was a doll. She was fragile that she would sometimes breakdown for some reason. But at the end, she would smile because I was there for her. I would lighten up her day as always and looking at her breathtaking smile, time has slowed down for me. Though right now, I needed answers.