A very TaeJi surprise

Lee Taemin's Ji-Ara

HIhihih i just thought i should give the couple a name - TaeJi XD

Taemin's POV

I woke up to find everyone up and about. There was a full breakfast on the table with Key hyung and Anna helping my mother in the kitchen while Minho, Jonghyun and Onew hyung sat at the table talking.
 

“Morning “I greeted them. 

“Morning Taeminnie” my mother said cheerfully.  “Ji Ara is not up yet and I thought you might want to wake her up yourself” she said and I nodded and walked to her house.

 

She was still fast asleep.  Yesterday I shouted at her a lot, something that I never did, and I was wondering how I would face her.  I sat beside her and just gazed at her.  She looked like an angel sleeping.  I sighed.
 

“Chubby” I whispered in her ear.  She stirred and turned her face away from me.
 

“Chubby wake up” I said, nudging her shoulder.  As a reflex she jolted up and looked at me with almost closed eyes.  I chuckled.
 

“What” she was about to ask something when realization seemed to dawn on her about where she was and what happened.  Her shoulders sunk immediately and the forlorn look was back on.
 

“Morning” I said with a smile.  She shook her head and smiled at me.  “Morning” she said and seemed to be debating something.  She held her hand to her stomach and looked at me.  “I am so hungry” she said and I chuckled. 
 

“My mom’s making breakfast” I said, glad that her mood was not as gloomy as yesterday.
 

“Chubby” I said before she could walk into the bathroom.  She stilled and turned to me.
 

I walked to her.  “I am sorry for shouting yesterday” I apologized.  She stared at me for a moment and smiled,  a genuine smile.
 

She hugged me, taking me by surprise but my arms automatically wound around her.
 

“I guess I needed it” she said and broke the hug, gave me a peck on the lips and walked into the bathroom.
 

I took in a deep breath.  Ji Ara was back.  “Come at my place after you are done” I said and walked back with a smile.  Her mood was better, and I was sure my plan would now work out perfectly.

 

Ji Ara’s POV

 

The breakfast was delicious.  Ajumma made my favorite and I gratefully ate everything.  I was so hungry.  I really don’t remember much.  Everything seemed in a daze.  I guess I never thought my mother would pass away.
 

I looked at everyone.  Onew Oppa was talking to Key and Ajumma, Minho was forcing Taemin to eat and Anna and Jonghyun were in their love bubble.
 

I smiled at them.  It had been around a year that I met the SHINee members and here they were, leaving all their schedules to be with me.  I smiled. 
 

I relished the thought of everyone happily eating at the table, with a warm feeling and a smile on their faces.
 

I might, after all, not be alone anymore.
 

“What are you smiling to yourself about?” Jonghyun oppa asked me when Anna went to get him more toast.
 

I chuckled.  “Thank you for being here with me” I said and he nodded.
 

“Well, for a y girl like you, it is an honor” he said and I punched him lightly in the ribs.
 

“aaa” he faked pain and said “Taemin, control your woman! She is punching me”
 

Taemin turned to me and smirked.  “You probably did something to deserve it” he said, not taking his eyes off me.  I blushed.
 

“Aish, this kid!” Jonghyun oppa said, acting angry.  “Always making fun of his hyungs” he said, getting up and taking Taeminnie out.
 

“Don’t be worried” Minho said when I frowned at their departure.  “Jonghyun is in a playful mood today” he said the last bit looking at Anna who just blushed.
 

 

 

Four Hours Later
 

I walked out of the bathroom.  Why did i have to drink so much juice? I mentally slapped myself and plopped myself on the counch, turning on the TV.

Anna left a while ago, saying she needed to help Jonghyun oppa with something.  I was all alone in the house, giving me time to just breath and think about how i am now all alone in this big scary world.

However, a sound broke my chain of thoughts.

“Chubby, can you come to my backyard plz?” Taemin’s text came as a surprise.  he was right next door, he could have shouted.

“Okay” i punched in and walked out.

 

 

 

I opened the side gate door and walked at the back of his house.  It was actually really quiet.  Weirdly so.
 

The backyard was actually bigger than what is was as Taemin had bought the plot of land at the back.  His backyard now consisted of beautiful greenery and a huge cherry blossom. 

 

Taemin was standing there, basking in his glorious beauty.  My heart skipped a beat as i saw him, matching perfectly with the surrounding.
 

No one was around.  I wonder where they went off to.  I walked upto him, laughing at his big cheekbone smile.  He looked so happy.

 

He hugged me and I hugged back.  “I love you so much” he said and I blushed at the intensity in which he said it.
 

“I love you too” I said at his expectant look.
 

He looked nervous.  I frowned.  “What’s up Taeminnie?” I asked carefully.
 

He looked me deep in the eyes and turned me so that my back was against the tree.
 

“You know I love you right?” he said in an ominous tone.  I was actually getting worried.  Where was this going? If he had to go back to Seoul he could just say it…or was he leaving?
 

“Right?” he asked again and I nodded.  He looked so nervous.
 

“If you have to go back to Seoul, you can” I said, bravely, though I did not want him to know that I would prefer he stayed.
 

He shook his head.  “No that’s not it” he said, fidgety all over again.
 

“Then what’s wrong?  You want to break up?” I asked, bracing myself for his reply.  He stopped fidgeting and looked at me straight in the eye.
 

“Why do you always assume the worst?” he asked and I just gazed at him.
 

“You are scaring me!” I said, he was never like this before.
 

“Are you breaking up with me?” I asked, my heart beating fast.  After all, no one was around, and I assume he would not want to make a scene.
 

I took in a deep breath.  So what? I don’t need a man.  I vowed long again that I would be strong.  No one would hurt me the way my biological father hurt my mom.
 

“Anii” he said in a weird voice.
 

“You can if you want to.  Maybe I was not good the other day” I continued to ramble on, thinking about the time we made love, it was after all my first time.
 

“Will you just shut up so that I can propose to you?” Taemin said suddenly and I froze, staring at him.

"Wha-?"