Progressing Relationship

Lee Taemin's Ji-Ara

“She is not up yet”

“Hyung, I cannot wake her up.  I promise as soon as she wakes up I’ll ask her to call you”
 

I slowly opened my eyes.  I could hear Taemin’s voice.  Wait! What? Taemin’s voice? What the hell is he doing in my hotel room?

I got up and adjusted my eyes to the bright room.  It took a while to realize I was not in my room.

I glanced around and realized I was in Taemin’s room.  What the hell! I quickly got up and walked into the living room.
 

“Good Morning Chubby” Taemin greeted me, not lifting his eyes from the tv.  I glanced around and found none of the SHINee members.

“Why am I here?” I asked.  I remembered we were practicing and then going back home and directly to bed.

“You don’t remember?” Taemin asked, incredulous.  “You felt asleep on the couch at the studio and I brought you here”

I took in a deep breath and sat next to him.  I was a little bit disoriented.  I shook my head and looked at the time.
 

“It’s 10 already.  Why didn’t you wake me up?” I asked him accusingly. I actually was supposed to meet seungho oppa today.

“I thought you were tired and needed sleep.  And by the way, Seungho hyung called” Taemin said, “Things look good between you two” he said with a smirk.
 

I blushed.  “We are just friends”

“Yeah right, that’s why he called you 10 times to ask where you were”

“What did you say?”

“The truth” he stated simply.  Too simply! I frowned.

“What did you say Taeminnie?” I asked, already worried about his answer.

He turned to me and smirked.  “That you were still sleeping….in my bed”

“What the hell!” I said, getting up and quickly looking for a phone.  Taemin just laughed and returned his attention to the TV.

 

Thankfully Seungho knew Taemin was just kidding.  “Then I’ll pick you up at 2 pm” he finalized and I nodded and we hung up.

When I returned to the couch, Taemin grinned at me.  I threw the pillow at him. “Jerk”

“You seem to really like him” Taemin said and I nodded.

“You know, you lost the bet right?” I frowned.  “Don’t you like Eun Soo?”

“I do.” He said, “But Key hyung has always liked her, so I cannot date her.” He explained and I nodded. 

“So basically that means I won the bet.  You have to do whatever I ask you to for a day” he stated and I sighed.

“Fine! What do you want” I asked

“Oh not now.  When the time comes” he said and gave a devilish grin.  When I continued to eye him, he stated “Don’t you need to get ready for your date?”

 

Seungho’s POV

I saw her walk out the elevator and started at her.  It was like an angel coming towards me; white knee length dress and flowing black hair with perfect skin. And of course to top it off that radiant smile.
 

I greeted her and we walked over to my car.  The day was awesome.  We talked about her life in the states and my trainee years, about being a band leader and living in a dorm with guys.
 

However, I could not help but notice that she held something back.  Whenever I would try to make her open up, she’d change the subject to something else.  I frowned.  From what Taemin told me, she did not date anyone, perhaps, because this was her first date she seemed inexperienced?
 

Ji-Ara’s POV

“The date was alright.  I am getting to know him better” I answered Anna as soon as I came home.

She seemed quiet for a while.  “You never dated anyone in the states” she stated.

“It’s just that I did not like anyone”

“I know that, but, you liking Seungho all of a sudden seem weird” she said and I looked at her.

“I do like him”

“I know, it just does not seem like you at all.”

“Don’t worry” I said and got up for some water.

“It’s just that, success in the entertainment industry can make people change.  You were strong enough to stay the same.  I don’t want to see you change now” she said and I chuckled.
 

“Don’t worry, Anna, I won’t change.  It’s just that, Seungho seems nice enough” I said, going into my room.
 

Before closing my door,I did not see Anna’s puzzled look and did not hear her say “I know why you like him” Nor did I see expressions, as though she was plotting something.