Goodbye part 2

Lee Taemin's Ji-Ara

Taemin’s POV

I walked in the lounge and saw her, standing near the fountain. Her text said to meet her urgently.

“Hi” I greeted her.  She turned and smiled that radiant smile.  “Hello.  Should we go?” she asked and I nodded.

 

We walked to artificial waterfall.  The atmosphere was still tensed between us.

 

“Are you ready to leave?” I asked.  Even though I wanted to hold her and ask her not to go, I knew I could not. 

She nodded.  “All packed and ready to go”

 

I nodded.  “You really have to go, don’t you?” I asked, trying my best to keep the hurt out of my voice.

 

She looked at me then. “I have to.  My life is back in the states now.” She said, though her voice seemed unsteady.

“I understand”

 

“I am sorry, Taeminnie.  But you should move on.” She said and I chuckled bitterly.

“I want to, believe me.”

“But you can’t?”

I nodded, unable to bear the hurt.  That was when I noticed the bag she was holding.

 

“What’s that?” I asked, wishing she did not get me a farewell gift. 

“It’s cheese cake.  I lost the bet with Minho Oppa.  So I baked this early this morning” she said and I nodded…feeling disappointed?
 

I did not want anything from her, so why should I feel sad that she made Minho something and not me?
 

“You like Minho hyung?” I asked.  It must be, Minho hyung was actually her type; tall and lean, serious.  Would I be glad if she went out with him?
 

“I do.  But only as a friend. Nothing romantic” she said.
 

“He is your type though.”
 

“Types change I guess” she said I saw a flicker of hope.

“What do you mean?” I asked, hoping she’ll say her type was me.

She just laughed and hugged me.  “You are my best friend, Taeminnie.  Please don’t be sad” she said and looked at me with such beautiful eyes.
 

I nodded.  “I won’t” I said.

 

“I want you to be happy.  Cause I know you deserve it” she said and I nodded.  “And you know how I hate goodbyes right?” she asked and I nodded.

 

“Then will you do me a final favor?” she queried and I started feeling uneasy.  Deep down I knew what she was about to ask me.

 

“Don’t come to drop me at the airport.” She said and I nodded.  Could I do anything else but agree with everything she asked of me when she was leaving.

 

Besides, I was sure I would not be able to see her leave.  I admit now that I really loved her back then. 

 

“We should leave now” I said and she nodded. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

At the airport

 

I walked to the waiting room.  Anna and Jonghyun were near the window, holding hands and looking happy as ever. 

“We decided to make the most of it” she had said when I asked her if she was sad to leave.  She was always optimistic.

 

I was sat with Onew.  “You really are going” he stated and I nodded. 

“Why did you ask him not to come?”

“I hate goodbyes.  I can’t leave with him here.” I replied, knowing for a fact it was true.

“Why not?” Onew Oppa asked, puzzled.

I shrugged.  “Because I hate goodbyes” I stated again.

“Or is it because you hate saying goodbye to him?”

“Well that too” I said, visible uneasy.  We were really good friends, and love just messed it up. 

 

Onew Oppa sighed.  “Well do call us once you get there.  In these few weeks, you have become really close to us”

I looked at him then, and smiled.  “You too Oppa.  Thank You for being there” I said, ordering myself not to cry.

 

We hugged and our flight was announced.  Jonghyun came and wished us bon voyage too.

 

“Oh wait, I forgot” Onew oppa said as we were leaving.  He fumbled in his pockets and took out a packet.

 

“Taemin gave this to you” he said and gave me the packet.  I took it and nodded.

 

“We gotta go now” Anna said as the last call for our flight was announced.  I nodded.

 

“Bye guys. Thanks you for everything.” I said with a smile.  They would remain dear to me forever.
 

Onew oppa smiled and leaned in.  “You see? Saying goodbye to us was easy” and he winked at me while I just stared at him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Anna's POV

 

After checking in, I saw Ji Ara gazing at that packet that Onew gave her.  “Won’t you open it?”

Ji Ara looked up, tears b in her eyes.  That was the first time I ever saw her teary eyed.

“Should i?” she asked, in a really quite voice.  I nodded. 

She opened it and saw a letter written in a childlike handwriting…..wait no. It was not a letter.  It was a recipe. 

She suddenly smiled bitterly.  “What recipe is it?” i asked.

“Vanilla ice cream recipe!” she replied.

“There’s a letter at the back.” She commented and hurriedly open it.

“That was the recipe my mum gave me.  I made you that ice cream back then.  Since I am not sure if I would be seeing you again, I thought I should give you this as a present.  Be well and healthy chubby.”  She read and I saw tears falling down her cheeks.

“Bastard!” she murmured.

“What?” I questioned.  In a way Taemin had just confessed her loved her since then.  Any girl would be happy.  Seriously Ji Ara was being too much.

“When he gave me that ice cream, he looked tired and sleepy.  I thought he had just woken up from a nap and his mum had bought him that ice cream.” She said.

“So?” I asked confused.

“He stayed up all night to be able to make this ice cream for me.” She said, crying now.

She hugged me and I hugged her back.  “This just proves that he loved you since back then....love at first sight” I said soothingly.

“We really need to go, don’t we?” she asked and I nodded.  Goodbyes were indeed the hardest.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The END 

I had fun with these characters...but there was no motivation or inspiration to continue the story.  So i ended it here.
Besides not every story has a happy ending right?